Automatically identify inauthentic accounts and toxic Twitter trolls.
Bot Sentinel is a free non-partisan platform developed to classify and track inauthentic accounts and toxic trolls. The platform uses machine learning and artificial intelligence to classify Twitter accounts, and then adds the accounts to a publicly available database that anyone can browse.
- (2020-07-24) Amanda Coutinho: Gostei, traz veracidade aos conteúdos que buscamos na internet
- (2020-07-15) Fabiana Cecin: The "unknown" and "normal" assessments on every single tweet are too distracting. I don't care about "normal" ratings on messages. That's just clutter.
- (2020-07-09) Richard Holmes: Settngs (Red Text and Ratings) are not preserved across browser restarts. (Browser is Chromium for Linux.)
- (2020-07-06) Luiz Pedrão: A extensão pode ajudar e muito no combate à Fake News e bots da internet. Já seguia há muito o perfil do Twitter e agora a extensão vêm ajudado muito. Perfeito!
- (2020-07-06) Marcio Shima: This extension and all Bot Sentinel work are essential to this unhealthy fake news environment.
- (2020-07-05) Lulu Pernas Pino: I'm so glad I discovered Bot Sentinel for Chrome. I can't imagine NOT having it ever, especially during these uncertain times. While I still do my own research, I love the new misinformation feature it has added. It's free so donate if you can!
- (2020-07-05) Nicole G: The new version's tags showing users' scores are a bit intrusive, but overall, this is an extremely helpful tool!
- (2020-07-05) Npw 1234567: Awesome!
- (2020-07-05) Carol Dicks: I find this quite useful. I am still trying to figure out all it can do since their upgrades. I have just put in a support ticket to hopefully get an answer to one of my questions.
- (2020-07-05) Johnny Ferreira Birck: Extensão incrível ajuda muito no tt, além de não ser nada intrusiva
- (2020-07-05) poco curante: Essential tool for Twitter. Amazing how many folks are part of an army of propaganda trolls and bot trolls. Highly recommended.
- (2020-07-05) Steven Dempster: Haven't had it for long, and so far I haven't seen an account that was more than 40% bot, but it seems to highlight the right accounts
- (2020-07-05) Daniel Ramos: It works well to quickly identify probable bots on twitter!
- (2020-07-05) Z. B.: Really happy an extension like this exists.
- (2020-07-05) Elliott Branch: I love this extension. In an age where disinformation is rampant Bot Sentinel is the best early warning system I've seen for Twitter. Easy to use and unobtrusive.
- (2020-07-05) Marcus Trindade: Awesome tool!!!!
- (2020-07-05) Kevin Tobin: This app is an effective tool for cleansing your Twitter experience from malevolent troll bots. I've donated several times and will continue to do so.
- (2020-07-05) TaterSalad JD: I like this extension. It makes it quick and easy to see the usage patterns of other users. The latest version has changed the verbiage to better reflect what it's measuring. (normal usage patterns through disruptive...etc.) It makes some minor, innocuous, changes to both twitter and tweetdeck. I've been using it for a while now to block and/or report accounts behaving in bad faith. (e.g. racism, bot/botlike behavior, election manipulation...etc.)
- (2020-07-05) John Howard: I see the extensions finding bots all over the fence, is it perfect no. However it is great to check first before bothering to take a post as worth reading.
- (2020-07-05) Mike Fischer: The latest version shows individual user scores which have been ran before. It makes twitter much more usable. The team did a wonderful job.
- (2020-07-04) Richard Holmes: This thing's suddenly gotten a lot more intrusive. For any account they're tracking, it puts the text in red and puts a tag showing the account's rating on every tweet. Not just for the bot accounts but for ALL accounts it tracks, most of which are rated "Normal". You can turn off red text and turn off showing the rating, but only for ALL accounts and if you turn off both you've effectively turned off the extension. I just want the way it used to be: Red text for problematic accounts only.
- (2020-07-03) Darryn Briggs: Outstanding extension. I'm not sure why it's not integrated into Twitter itself. It is a MUST to stop the spread of disinformation and save yourself a LOT of headache from arguing with @Matt88273289198273 from Moscow.
- (2020-06-23) MobiusSeckOne: Love the idea, but.... Known bots (like comedic bots) detected as human and suspicious one month old accounts, following 7K peoples and made more than 3K tweets in less than 20 days is also detected as a human. Something looks off.
- (2020-04-16) Sergio Markovic: Comical extension. No wonder why a lot of people just randomly add others and mark them as "trolls". Highly inacurate, biased and very political. Absolutely no value in it.
- (2020-04-14) David Binkowski: This is a must have extensions. Having been on Twitter for 13 years it is by far what makes being on Twitter in 2020 sane and rational. Every day politicians around the world hire bot farms and Bot Sentinel's extension makes Twitter bearable by isolating sources of conspiracies and flat out lies propagated from low quality sources.
- (2020-07-27, v:2.0.3) Anne Freitas: Bot Sentinel on Twitter and how I show up vs. using the Analyze account
If I go to the Bot Sentinel Website and Analyze my twitter account (@weaktwos), I get a 3% Normal rating, but the chrome plugin puts me as "Unknown". Is that a bug or a feature?
- (2020-07-15, v:2.0.3) haploide allel: Managing my downloads; WHY?
Why do you want to manage my downloads? I don't understand what my downloads have to do with your service...
- (2020-07-12, v:2.0.2) Ken Haylock: Image export
Hi... the image export function of the BotSentinel addon for Chrome that vanished for a while has come back quite broken. Before it was my habit to spot a troll comment, check the posting user with the extension, & if it came back over 50% I would then export the report as a .JPG file & drag it into a comment to the post with a note to warn others not to waste time arguing with a Trollbot. Now, though, I export a report & get a .PNG file with a 30+ character name that just displays for me as a white square... example: report_TJB1300_7-12-2020_224328.png
- (2020-07-11, v:2.0.2) Jinzouningen Juunanagou: Page jumping
Please move the normal/disruptive img & % to the same line as the user handle (by choice if need). It's creating newline on every tweet causing the page size to fluctuate constantly resulting in miss-clicks, way too often.
- (2020-07-09, v:2.0.2) Universal Collective: 75% of all Twitter profiles in tweetdeck now have a grey box with "unknown" where their rating should be
Fixed the red text issue, but now 75% of all the twitter profiles show a grey box and "unknown" where their rating should be, which again, makes whatever the heck this version is ordinates less usable than the last one I had no control over updating
- (2020-07-01, v:2.0.0) Universal Collective: New version not working
The previous version was working fine, and it was super useful, but after "updating" yesterday 6/30, now If I have the new switch "Red Text" enabled, it doesn't only highlight the text on tweets from problematic accounts but highlights all the text from everyone's account on Tweetdeck, making it useless. I wish it hadn't been updated.
- (2020-06-30, v:2.0.0) Colin Fein: Configure threshold for rating card display
With the new version, my twitter timeline is full of "normal" icons next to every post. Please make the threshold for the rating card configurable, so that only ratings above a certain percent appear.
- (2020-06-30, v:2.0.0) Bo Hu: Why does it require the new permission of "Manage your downloads"?
Chrome disables the new version automatically as it requires a new permission.
- (2020-06-20, v:1.2.9) Steve Marcus: Bug report - Bot Sentinel Chrome plugin v1.2.9
Developer and donator here. The previous version of Bot Sentinel Chrome plugin worked perfectly. The new version v1.2.9 has some serious bugs.. 1. When you are scrolling down a twitter feed, the app does not highlight the posts in red and assign the label problematic/disruptive anymore. It's only when you click on the actual @user, and go to their homepage, do you see the botsentinel css red/label insertions. 2. Then, only after you have visited their homepage, you can go back into scrolling down the feed and voila! Now it shows the botsentinel css red/label insertions for each of their posts. Except not in every case.. 3. You can click on a post showing botsentinel css red/label insertions and then scroll down the page. The very act of scrolling down the page and then back up again, makes the botsentinel css red/label insertions disappear from that initial post! 4. A twitter feed with several botsentinel css red/label insertion occurrences: once you click on one of the posts with botsentinel css applied (making that the assigned tweet you are reading), it causes other tweets from the same user to go back to normal css. It's a guessing game as to which posts are affected, as it seems to change randomly on each click. Please fix. If you need a tester I have some time so please contact me [email protected]
- (2020-05-30, v:1.2.9) Nicole G: Please help me w/ 1.2.9
Hi. I deleted Version 1.2.8 (for Chrome), which worked fine, and added Version 1.2.9. Now, the app doesn't work: half the time, the bot sentinel icon doesn't show up under tweets, when it does show up, it is NEVER red, and when I click on it, the bot sent. window opens, but then nothing happens - it remains blank. I MISS my Bot Sentinel app! Can you help? I version, and now it doesn't show anyone in red, and if I click on the bot sentinel icon, just an empty little window shows up. :(
- (2020-05-23, v:1.2.8) S & S L in California: Can't sign in to use Advanced Tools
I am clicking on the button on the site for Advanced Tools, to let BotS sign into my twitter account, and it just goes to a 500 / Server Error. The link is: https://www.botsentinel.com/twitter/login (Chrome extension is working fine though.) Thank you for helping save democracy!! Just made a donation.
- (2020-04-27, v:1.2.8) George Dragoumanos: Not showing on Twitter web client.
Not seeing the Bot Sentinel button nor the red text for problematic twitter accounts. Have to remove and reinstall daily, which only works sporadically.
- (2020-03-15, v:1.2.7) Erik Smith: Doesn't seem to be working on Tweetdeck now
I haven't been able to check accounts on Tweetdeck for the past few days.
- (2020-03-13, v:1.2.7) Gregory Krohne: Add link to report account
On the report popup, please add a direct link to report the user to Twitter
- (2020-02-11, v:1.2.7) YamatoForever: Not seeing Bot Sentinel info in Twitter
Not seeing Bot Sentinel info in Twitter. I have to go to website to check in person is a bot. From pictures it shows red text with bot sentinel info. I'm using a PC w/ Win 10.
- (2020-01-03, v:1.2.7) Marcin Karpinski: Great plugin! Can I show my support and be involved somehow?
Hi, I am a humble software engineer from Poland and I really like what you have done with BotSentinel. I also think that we need more apps like this especially in current times where populism is on the rise. I did study a little bit principles on which it operates and I am really curious and how will this project evolve. I only wish there was a broader support for Twitter in my country. Is there any way I can get involved and help with this?
- (2019-12-18, v:1.2.7) John Laprise: Expanded Bot Sentinel
It would be nice to flag existing list creators, followers, and following as bots.
- (2019-07-15, v:1.2.5) John Twigg: BotSentinel does not seem to work with the new twitter layout
Hi - I got "upgraded" to the new twitter layout and cannot go back to the old one. BotSentinel seems to not work after the upgrade. The check user button is gone and accounts are no longer labeled untrustworthy or trollbot. Thanks for any guidance you can give me.
- (2019-07-04, v:1.2.5) Josh Hayes: Seeing lots of "Error Occurred" last two days
Hey all, I've noticed the add-on for Chrome, which has been working flawlessly for quite some time, has been hanging after only a brief appearance of the little bouncy bars (or no appearance), and then saying, "Error Occurred. We were unable to process your request. Please try again or later." I'm wondering if this has something to do with outages on other platforms recently (today is 3 July 2019), or what? It DOES still work occasionally, but maybe 90% of the time or more, gives the error message. Any known outages?
- (2019-05-24, v:1.2.4) Richard Silverstein: Where id Check User go?
Till recently, Bot Sentinel added a Check User button on each Twitter account I visited. But it seems to have gone away. Is it possible it's being blocked by an ad blocker or other extension limiting cookies? Or did you change the extension so it eliminated this helpful feature?
- (2019-03-02, v:1.2.3) Kate Chase Pitzarella: Update Bugs
I have had to remove this extension since the 2/28/18 update because it now causes Twitter to lag to an unusable degree. I really liked it before and hope you work out the new script probs. Thx!
- (2019-02-28, v:1.2.3) Royce Williams: "browsing history" permission
What's the purpose for the new (2018-02-28) need to see browsing history?
- (2018-10-31, v:1.2.1) Better Tweetdeck no longer shows ratings
Better Tweetdeck no longer shows ratings.
- (2018-07-13, v:1.1.6) Bot Sentinel is Fake
The program reports EVERYTHING as fake/bot even what I post myself.
- (2018-04-10, v:1.1.1) Susan Jones: reporting bots
My son added this to chrome so I could check for bots...and thought he was checking my twitter account but reported it instead. Is this going to be a problem for me?