Customize the new tab URL.
Chrome doesn't allow to configure a new tab URL. It always opens his New Tab Page with a search bar and some browsing history. With this extension, you can set a custom URL or even a path to a local file. It is very lightweight and easy to use! ------------------------------- Permissions Explained ------------------------------- ------------------------------- Bookmarks and favicon: ------------------------------- When the extension is disabled from the options page, the new tab page is replaced by a default page which displays all bookmarks (and their respective favicons) that are in the Bookmarks Bar.
- (2020-03-10) Denis Litvintsev: Perfect doing what it says. One thing is that this extension not removing path from URL box. and it's not possible from page due security of Chrome. If it possible please add the clearing option.
- (2020-01-31) revchain: Excellent
- (2020-01-30) Rocket Pak: Doesn't work.
- (2019-11-25) Sergey Myndrya: Great and handy extension.
- (2019-09-16) Richard T E: There are many good newtab-redirect extensions for Chrome, and "Custom New Tab URL" is one of the best. If you are trying to override a different extension's newtab page, you should test this one and others for compatibility with your particular extensions. If you prefer Google as your default page, try these URLs: "chrome-search://local-ntp/local-ntp.html" or "https://www.google.com/webhp" -- for optimal functionality.
- (2019-07-28) 信的工作室: 還不錯 就是前面要再另外加http協定的字詞 一開始弄了好久 這東西很棒 整潔 乾淨
- (2019-07-05) Chris Bartley: Perfect, thank you! LOVE that it also puts focus in the URL. Well done!
- (2019-06-30) Josh Unwin: Love that it keeps the omnibox (search/url bar) in focus so you can still search instantly.
- (2019-06-06) Bruce Yi: awesome！
- (2018-09-26) Zoran Veljanovic: exactly what i needed
- (2018-04-04) Steve Private: I love everything about this app except the fact that it works as a redirect rather than an actual URL load. When I installed it and ran it (started a new tab), Chromes' classic new tab loaded first and then was redirected to Custom New Tab URL settings. Fix this bug and you get 5 stars. Specs: Windows 10 64-bit Chrome: 65.0.3325.181
- (2017-12-10) Alex Musician: Works perfect! Thanks!
- (2017-08-10) Adrian Commins: Yes. Now that the URL in the Omnibox becomes fully highlighted on each new tab, it's perfect. Thank you for this nifty extension.
- (2016-04-12) Scott Posch: Does exactly what it says it does. Perfect solution for this problem!
- (2020-06-01, v:1.1.3) Dylan Lemoine: Can't Search in New Tab
Before recently (as recent as a week ago), when opening a new tab with this extension enabled, the cursor would default to the search bar so I could do the following: 1. Ctrl + T 2. Begin typing to load a website/search Now, it doesn't do that so I have to click into the search bar to use it. This behavior works when not using the extension.
- (2020-03-12, v:1.1.3) Kevin J. Scott: admin policy configuration
Would love to use this across our G Suite account, but would need to be able to set the URL by policy (JSON for Chrome OS devices) - https://www.chromium.org/administrators/configuring-policy-for-extensions Are you open to this? I can't find any other similar extension that supports this.
- (2020-02-07, v:1.1.3) Marcus Benwell: grade 3 language and detailed instructions please, no flowery lingo, thank you
how does custom new tab chrome work, you need detailed instructions, don't see any way to input a desired page url ect. just a page with every bookmark as you say, but no way to change it. [email protected]
- (2018-07-12, v:1.1.2) Adrian Commins: Not highlighting Omnibox text anymore
Recently the Omnibox, while still gaining focus, doesn't highlight the text. The text cursor is placed at the end of the URL so I have to remember to hit F6, Ctrl+L or Ctrl+K before typing, which I never do.
- (2018-06-19, v:1.1.2) Local settings
I have this extension installed on a couple of different computers. I have it set to show a local file. However, the path is different on each computer. Your extension does not seem to use local settings, though, so I have to change the URL every time I move to the other computer. Am I doing something wrong?
- (2018-04-04, v:1.0) Steve Private: Redirects rather than loads
I love everything about this app except the fact that it works as a redirect rather than an actual URL load. When I installed it and ran it (started a new tab), Chromes' classic new tab loaded first and then was redirected to Custom New Tab URL settings. Fix this bug and you get 5 stars. Specs: Windows 10 64-bit Chrome: 65.0.3325.181
- (2016-12-09, v:1.0) Hans Lain: Browser History Access?
Why does this need browser History Access?
- (2016-04-12, v:1.0) Scott Posch: Love it
Just wanted to tell you I love your extension. Does exactly what it needs to do and nothing more. I wish there were more extensions like this out there :) Great job! Scott Posch