Load a custom URL when opening a new tab.
Most extensions that allow a custom URL for the new tab page do so by redirecting to the URL then attempting to focus on the address bar. The second step of focusing on the address bar when using the redirect method was broken in Chrome 61. This extension fixes the second step by using a new method, rather than redirecting it loads the URL in the background then injects its content into a empty new tab page. This means there is no redirect, and therefore the address bar never actually loses focus in the first place. Permissions: * Read and change all your data on the websites that you visit - Used only to load the URL in the background, none of your data or websites you visit are ever read or changed. * Replace the page that you see when opening a new tab - Duh!
- (2019-10-08) Max Steel: mmm... I enjoy use the Chrome "just black" theme; but this extension a change a background to white :/ :/ :/ . Good only to replace annoying Brave browser New Tab.
- (2019-05-12) Nicolas: Perfect for Brave browser, as new page options is not implemented yet
- (2019-05-07) Kate Quin: Nice add on. But the set focus needs to be automatically set to web page instead of address bar. This is probably why I prefer using Firefox override new tab.
- (2018-04-10) Dutchraise72: Works great and fast no delays.
- (2018-03-26) Erik Wilhelm: This is the only extension that overrides my company's forced New Tab page. Thank you!
- (2018-03-23) Anmar Mansur: I'd like to call it the best extension for what it does, but it's the only one that works, and I tried them all.
- (2017-10-01) Allen: Great job! This is the only one that works with the Chrome updates. It enables you to search directly from address bar without having to type Ctrl-L.
- (2017-10-01) PP K.: It works on normal website URL but not for "chrome://apps" URL. Keep focus on the address bar which is good.
- (2017-09-28) Jason Cooper: It works with chrome 61. New tab redirect and others haven't fixed the set cursor in address bar bug yet introduced with chrome 61. Seems lighter than other plugins too. May use this moving forward. Nice work Mustang.