The latest of Hackernews whenever you open a new tab.
"It's like Hackernews but for tabs" The latest of Hackernews - right in front of you whenever you open a new tab! "Hackernews Default Tab has been a disruptive change in how we procrastinate at work. Never before it took so little effort to get distracted. Kudos to the Hackernews Tab team!" – Anonymous Imaginary Customer "★★★★ Love this app" – PayMeForReviewsUser2041 "10/10 would tab again" – Abraham Lincoln Disclaimer: some of the reviews above are meant to be sarcastic and not by real people. Please Google don't ban this app. Kthxbye.
- (2015-07-30) Ray Smets: hasn't worked in months.... a fix would be much appreciated. was a great extension before!
- (2015-05-02) Evan Isnor: Stopped working recently. Please fix it. I'm too lazy to go to the regular HN site and I feel like I'm missing out.
- (2015-04-14) Daniel Ryan: I love this extension, but recently stopped working.
- (2014-11-20) MinopolisMc: Would be nice if you could toggle the target="_blank" links but other than that: great!
- (2014-05-26) David Chiu: Great extension, but not working since last week
- (2018-04-28, v:0.0.21) Karan Jit Singh: Not working got this in console hope it helps
main.js:8 Error: [ngRepeat:dupes] Duplicates in a repeater are not allowed. Use 'track by' expression to specify unique keys. Repeater: post in posts, Duplicate key: string: http://errors.angularjs.org/1.2.16-build.58+sha.db2a4c0/ngRepeat/dupes?p0=post%20in%20posts&p1=string%3A%20 at main.js:5 at main.js:10 at Object.$watchCollectionAction [as fn] (main.js:8) at Scope.$digest (main.js:8) at Scope.$apply (main.js:8) at done (main.js:7) at completeRequest (main.js:7) at XMLHttpRequest.xhr.onreadystatechange (main.js:7)
- (2015-12-16, v:0.0.21) Vasilij Melnychuk: Dead API
You can use this https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/hnews-tab/ncidefnjgemennmcegcfkfmooeenbnfd?utm_source=chrome-ntp-icon until authors fix this app.
- (2015-04-15, v:0.0.21) Fix Dead API
Since the old API is dead, perhaps someone could fix this so it uses the officially supported Firebase API? https://github.com/HackerNews/API Maybe I'll take a look at it this weekend.
- (2015-04-13, v:0.0.21) Mohamed Essam Fathalla: API is dead
the tabs are flushed!
- (2015-04-12, v:0.0.21) Clayton Brand: Broken
I guess Murat also saw this, but it says the connection was refused to "http://producthunter.awesome.io/hn.json". Totally broken right now :(
- (2015-04-11, v:0.0.21) Murat Senturk: Problem
Damn! There has been an error connecting to the ProduchtHunter API...
- (2015-04-02, v:0.0.21) MinopolisMc: Links in new tab
Would be nice if you could toggle whether you want target="_blank" links or not
- (2014-04-02, v:0.0.20) Christian Bankester: Links to HN threads do not resolve correctly
When clicking on a link to a Hacker News thread, I get sent to something along the lines of unsafe:chrome-extension://gofiefpdbkknjlkdhmlgnhloepilkmmp/item?id=7515755
- (2014-03-28, v:0.0.20) Justin Clarke: Options
Cannot get to your option page.