Click on a link to open it in new tab instead of opening it in current tab. Options available open tabs in background or disable it
Click on a link to open it in new tab instead of opening it in current tab. Options available open tabs in background or disable it In Windows and Linux system on left click default would be to open a link in new tab In Mac on click default would be to open a link in new tab The above option is available via... Tools --> Extensions --> Click to Tab --> Click Options link Note: Every click will open the link in new tab More extensions at http://tejji.com/browser/chrome/extensions/ Thanks, http://tejji.com v1.2 - 2018-09-14 - Updated to comply to Chrome Web Store policies v.1.2 - By default opens tab in background. Option available to go directly to new tab. This can be achieved by un-checking the "Open in Background" option in Options tab v.1.1 - fixed minor bug
- (2020-04-01) voltaren klakochi: Всё отлично работает.
- (2020-02-25) Yuhua Deng: exactly what I need
- (2020-02-03) zawar haider basra: A must have. G.O.A.T
- (2019-12-17) 赵Byron: An extension makes your experience better in Chrome.
- (2019-11-07) Yiwei Song: Simple and works. Thanks for the extension.
- (2019-10-12) Z Abouhadi: doesn't work...
- (2019-10-06) Ivan Cajic: Doesn't work. Didn't try it before, but it certainly doesn't work now in october 2019.
- (2019-09-25) Steve Arena: Everything still opens in same tab, i go into my bookmarks and click a link and it keeps opening in the same tab. Am i doing something wrong? I don't think so. I will uninstall
- (2019-06-16) Nasreen Shaik: This is great extension. Amazon.ae was not allowing the new link to open in new tab. Thanks to this extension.
- (2019-03-17) Pasta Pasty Pastu: Very good tools to make your life easier but still need to improve a bit on what kind of link should be able to open in the new tab as there're some kind of link that use to show/extend the new content on the same page which doesn't need this function but it applied to as a whole.
- (2019-03-15) Fuhai Chen: not working well
- (2019-03-11) Bruce Preston: Works for every link except the ones I need it to work for.
- (2019-02-17) Tom Backhaus: Realy Fine.... but...: Why are the developers not able to migrate such sorts of features? This is jears old !!! Looks realy poor for them...
- (2018-12-27) skoda53 buri: Не работает.
- (2018-12-25) Terry Riley: Chrome used have a setting to open links in a new tab. I wanted this to keep the original search page open so I could try other links. While it opened a new tab, it did not prevent the original page from also going to the clicked link, and that was my goal. Instead I have two pages open to the same place. Useless.
- (2018-12-05) Peter Lee: Nope. Doesn't work.
- (2018-09-29) Becca McCoy: Does not work at all.
- (2016-12-21) robert gibson: it doesn't even work on 50% of links.
- (2016-12-11) Kleyson Klesller: Ótimo
- (2016-12-09) Irina Svetlowa: Hi, I am interested in acquiring your extension "Click to Tab". Please contact me at: [email protected]
- (2016-12-08) Does not work...AT ALL
- (2016-12-05) dan yole: didnt work half the time.
- (2016-11-25) Sylvester Crockett: This is totally wrong and does not work: ... to go directly to new tab. This can be achieved by un-checking the "Open in Background" option in Options tab... That is exactly how Firefox does it, and I want Chrome to be able to do this. Tejji.com needs to fix this. I have deleted this extension and will look for another that works.
- (2016-11-21) Arnar Sigmundsson: I was looking for an extension that does the following: When I click a link, it should open in a new tab, AND show the new tab. As it is now, I have to click the tab to see the contents. Also, when I close the newly opened tab, I would like to go back to the original tab. More content in settings would really make this extension better. Defnitely could do with an exclusion list, so certain websites (like facebook) would not open in new tab. That's why I will remove it again.
- (2020-02-16, v:1.4) John Van Wagoner: Need option to open link in new foreground tab
In Chrome 80.0.3987.106 when I uncheck "Open in background" there's no new tab created, it just replaces contents of current tab. Do recent Chrome versions let you open the link in a new tab AND give that tab focus, making it the current tab? Sure hope you can fix this. Thanks!
- (2019-12-07, v:1.4) Harvey Lang: doesn't work
I loaded this in Chrome but it does not open a new tab, it just over-writes the tab I'm in. I want it to open a new tab.
- (2019-06-19, v:1.4) Kathy Bitter, Broker: turn off for a site
Can I turn this feature off for a particular site?
- (2019-03-19, v:1.4) Lior Sapir: Extension download
Hi, Can you please send me an offline installer for the 'Click to Tab' extension to [email protected]? Thanks, Lior
- (2012-11-18, v:1.2) Rio Wong: mouse context Go To LINK in background
Well, I will Ctrl+Click to load a tab in background. But I always want to highlight a link in a page and right mouse context to Go To the link in background which seems can't be done. Would you consider about this feature?