Make links open in the same tab for specific webpages.
Nowadays search engines are greedy and want to keep you on their search results page for as long as possible. That's why they make each search result open in a new tab. With this extension, simply click the toolbar icon when you are on a search results page, and the extension will remember the domain of the page and the next time you are on that page, the extension will force links to open in the same page. To remove the domain from the extension, simply visit the same page and click the toolbar icon again.
- (2023-01-24) Edward Ziemiński: It would be awesome if it changed target to _top instead of _self.
- (2022-12-07) Benyamin Limanto: Is there anyway to write domain down manually? I want to add https://excel.officeapps.live.com https://word.officeapps.live.com and other domain, but I can't...
- (2022-11-11) Shee Sh: actually works!
- (2022-10-12) Auditormadness9: Works, but you have keep configuring for every domain which is a chore and not fun. Add an option to allow everywhere automatically.
- (2022-05-22) Neil Cafferkey: After trying several similar extensions, this was the first one I found that worked properly on meetup.com profile pages.
- (2022-02-06) Rogerio M. Souza: Excellent! Working fine!
- (2020-07-25) Jason Zhao: sometimes it doesn't work properly
- (2022-12-07, v:0.1.8) Benyamin Limanto: Adding URL Manually?
Can we add manualy url? I want to block new tab based on JS on https://excel.officeapps.live.com, https://word.officeapps.live.com, https://powerpoint.officeapps.live.com ...
- (2022-08-06, v:0.1.8) Neil Cafferkey: Causes problem with changing profile picture on meetup.com
Starting at a URL such as https://www.meetup.com/sample-group/members/123456789/ ...I select "Change your photo" ...then "Pick an existing photo" ...and then the "Set a profile photo" dialog box closes without giving me the opportunity to pick one of my photos. ("sample-group" should be changed to a group that you're a member of, and 123456789 should be your user ID.) With the extension disabled, a dialog box pops up within the same page allowing me to select one of my existing photos.