Makes links open in the same tab
Stops links from opening in a new tab. Also adds an "Open link in same tab" option to the right-click menu for links. Click on the icon or press Alt-B to add a website to the blacklist or whitelist. (Note: individual links can be forced to open in the same tab by dragging them to the address bar with the left mouse button held down instead of clicking them. This feature does not require the use of an extension.)
- (2019-12-09) City 348: Stopped working completely, hence one star. Fix it, then you'll get your 5 stars.
- (2019-06-15) Michael Katz: More flexible than its description: If you want just the "Open link in same tab" context-menu command, choose "Restrict to whitelist," but leave your whitelist empty. This prevents the extension from automatically trapping any links, and you retain full control. This way, you get one of the many simple, essential features that Chrome unaccountably left out.
- (2019-05-12) 11100100: sometimes works, sometimes not at all, I wonder why?
- (2018-11-29) Darren Van Soye: Thank you for making this available.
- (2018-10-14) Tiana Lemesle: Not working on Intel's website, thanks.
- (2018-01-29) James Corwin: Works sometimes, but I specifically downloaded this to use Chinese websites which notoriously open EVERYTHING in a new tab and it drives me insane. I tested this extension on YouKu which is the main reason I wanted this extension, and when you search it redirects to soku and opens in a new tab.
- (2018-01-07) William Nutt: Works great! Love the whitelist and blacklist options along with the "restrict to whitelist" setting.
- (2017-10-24) yuu: 逛貼吧必備工具
- (2017-09-23) Dan Bergner: Has always worked great for me. It's a great system resource saver as well when having to open dozens of images in new tabs. Now it opens in the same rather than having double the amount of tabs open and double the amount of resources.
- (2017-07-03) Craig Leinoff: Dunno if it ever worked, but it does not now.
- (2016-12-21) Alien Shizz: it did work a few days and now it keeps opening in a new tab no matter what.
- (2016-11-19) Art Archer: perfect but please add chose option to remove right click menu i want my menu tidy and clean
- (2016-06-03) Dillon Sylvestre: Working perfectly. Thank you!
- (2016-03-31) Ivan Sikirić: It works for all sites that I used, whitelist is nice to have.
- (2015-12-03) Moo Scree: Cool, a working replacement for the over 4-year-old "Open in This Tab" that can no longer be found via store search!
- (2015-09-18) Simon Håkansson: I haven't found anything that works as well as this, the whitelist is awesome. Some sites seem immune, but that is a minor problem.
- (2015-03-10) Larnell Carthans: FINALLY AN EXTENSION THAT WORKS! This extension works on sites where others failed. White and BLacklist mode is perfect!
- (2019-09-23, v:1.14) Mike Hudson: Keep losing right-click menu item
"Open link in same tab" keeps disappearing from right-click context menu and only comes back if extension is removed and then added back (which means the black list has to be input again!)
- (2017-08-18, v:1.14) Not working anymore
The extension has not been working anymore since the beginning of the day. I restarted the computer many times. What happened?
- (2016-09-21, v:1.9) Simeon Gordon: compatibility issue
FClancy, It appears that "Open Link in Same Tab" extension is not compatible with the latest chrome version. Do you have any plans to update? Please let me know...
- (2016-06-14, v:1.7) Martin Saip: compatibility issue
This extension ceased to work in new Chrome, version 51 and above! Please, update the code. Thank you. :-)
- (2016-06-03, v:1.7) Dillon Sylvestre: Extension icon is blank
Minor bug: There doesn't appear to be an icon associated with the icon that's added to the top-right chrome menu post-installation. It takes up blank space and has right-click interactivity, but there is no icon graphic present.
- (2015-10-31, v:1.6) Allen Berrebbi: Add to whitelist
How do you add to whitelist as I don't see how to enable the box.
- (2015-10-27, v:1.5) Johnny Shongo: Web Forms
The plugin works very well when it comes to **links**. However it doesn't work when a search is performed in a 'submit' style web search box. Presumably because the extension is forcing anything with `_blank` to open in `_top`. These are not present in search box `submit` forms. How can I modify the extension in such a way that it also takes into consideration forms, and forces these to also open in the same tab. I have downloaded the extension and viewed the code, the main js seems to be in the `sametab.js` file. I'm sure I can modify it somehow to fit my needs. Any help is appreciated. Excellent extension btw! Thanks!