A replacement for Google Chrome's 'new tab' page that lets you easily access your favorite bookmarks, apps, and more.
- (2023-08-17) Radek Pilich: Almost what I need. It would be better if it was possible to have multiple boards. Each board having it's own icon on the left navigation panel.
- (2023-01-05) Blackcat: One of the best new tab replacements. I do like the way you can organize the bookmarks into panels, also you can launch chrome apps from a menu instead of having to open the extensions menu. Very helpful extension!
- (2022-11-18) Tunde Adekunle: By far the best extension on Chrome. 10/10. How can one remove a card please?
- (2022-10-21) Craig Prosise: This extension worked great for years but it no longer works with the latest versions of Chrome. I would gladly pay for it if it works again.
- (2022-10-08) Joon Keat: Very simple, easy to organize via bookmark manager, not much layout customization. Really hope I can hide the side panel.
- (2022-07-27) wing him yeung: the best speed dial type addon in chrome store. the tried at least 10 others different speed dial type new tab. not a single one is good enough. this newt will sync between all your PC with google account. others require you to create a account, which is studpid. i recommend this addon for people with multiple PC that need to sync the speed dial. this is very useful for people that have a lot of bookmark that bookmark bar is not enough.
- (2022-07-15) Titus Standing: 10/10 -IGN
- (2021-09-17) Abhinav: I was reluctant to switch from Newt Classic which I had been using for years, but it was time, given that Newt Classic is no longer on the Chrome store. This updated Newt is an improvement over the original in every way from my perspective. Newt Classic/Newt is probably the second most important Chrome extension for me (after my password manager's extension). One possible feature addition could be to add a context menu option to edit a bookmark, in addition to the current rename and delete options. Thanks for these great extensions Garrett!
- (2021-07-18) Amos Yu: Really well made extension. I love how it is compatible with the Chrome/Edge bookmarks I already had.
- (2021-05-20) Giuseppe Zolli: Innovativa e utilissima e mi piace molto il modo in cui vengono mostrati i preferiti. Ci sono, però, delle cose da sistemare per renderla più utilizzabile, ovvero: 1. Bisognerebbe consentire di selezionare un colore arbitrario per la scheda, non solo quei quattro disponibili 2. Bisognerebbe poter scegliere se applicare il colore a tutta la scheda o solo al titolo 3. Nella seconda scheda della barra laterale dovrebbero esserci tutte le app e i servizi Google o quantomeno bisognerebbe consentire all'utente di aggiungerli lì
- (2021-05-06) Brett Stauner: I've been looking for a good "new tab" to help keep the things I need to come back to front and center, and Newt has been great for this! It's a simple and easy to use interface, and allows me a nice visual access to bookmarks and categories in a way to help keep my mind on the right things. I even reached out to the developer to talk about the website icons not looking the same as they do in the bookmarks folder. He promptly replied and there was a new version available the next day with improvements to the icons shown! Thank you for this project!
- (2020-09-15) Jizanthapus: Absolutely love this extension. It has improved my productivity SO much. And super customizable. I love most of all how it doesn't take any fancy config, it's just a specific folder in your bookmarks, so adding & moving is a breeze. Themes are also very pleasant. Everything I've wanted in a New Tab addon, 10/10.
- (2019-11-26) Ricard Penin Honrubia: The extension is very good. Customizable and synchronizable. If you can align the contents and upload a wallpaper, was a possible option. It would be nice! Can leave the default user text font, like setting option please. Where is the keyboard shortcut guide? I want a keyboard shortcut for hide or disable the extension dynamically.
- (2018-12-28) Greg Zeng: Stops "SIMPLE SPEED DIAL" from working. So removed it.
- (2018-05-08) Johnny McLaughlin: Without a doubt the single most useful extension I've ever used, being by far my favourite new tab page on any browser or extension and providing what might just be the most easily accessible, customisable and usable layout possible, especially if you want to navigate primarily using the cursor without the need for any keyboard input. Its simple use of bookmark folder structure to organise it means you never have to add new bookmarks to the new tab page individually; as long as you save them in a folder present there (and I save all of my bookmarks within folders here, using them as categories) then it is every bit as easy to find and open as those at the top of their lists. Honestly, this extension is so good that it's a big, big reason why I haven't switched to any browser other than Chrome.
- (2017-12-02) Damian Torres: It was really confusing and bad
- (2017-05-29) Michael Zavattaro: Great extension. Runs well with no dramas. Only criticism so far is that the web icons next to the names tend to be very pixelated. Increasing their resolution would be nice!
- (2017-05-16) Juliandro Vasconcelos: 10/5 awesome extension, but you need to add the css way to put some image url for background; and maybe one download tab? The history and bookmark it's beter than chrome native anyway.
- (2017-02-28) Russ White: At first I gave this 4 stars because I couldn't find the sync ability. Now that I found it, its definitely worth 5 stars. As a recommendation for future releases, making the sync ability more pronounced would be nice.
- (2017-01-26) Banana Bob: I thought I had reviewed this extension before. It has to be the best extension providing a New Tab experience that is just wonderful. No more will links to pages appear on your New Tab page when you don't want them to. No longer will links disappear from your New Tab page. Excellent work from the developer.
- (2017-01-25) Anonymous User: Best new tab extension! Keep up the good work.
- (2016-08-23) ВАСЯ пупкин: Everything must be resizable, dragable and deleteble. Hide/autohide sidebar. And i want choose background by myself from pc and internet. Anyway give you 5 stars. Thanks.
- (2016-01-24) Elizabeth Juarez: I don't want people to see what I have been on. I mean like threy just click the profile thing and it shows everything I was on! Geez get a mind on what to make right people!
- (2015-12-04) Best new tab page replacement. So easy to load sites.
- (2023-08-08, v:5.6.9) Anna Vahtera: "Other Devices" not working
Tested with the latest Google Chrome, Version 115.0.5790.114 (Official Build) (arm64) (macos 12.0.1, Apple M1), and many Windows versions, for the last.. let's say half a year. The other devices show up, but anything under them is just "undefined", nor does the number of them correspond to the open tabs. They are either just full of "undefined", or there's one of them.
- (2022-08-31, v:5.6.9) Craig Prosise: Newt not working with new version of Chrome
I got the new Chrome update, 105.0.5195.52 (Official Build) (64-bit), and Newt doesn't work now.
- (2020-01-16, v:5.6.5) Michael Goldweber: How to move a bookmark from one card to another?
I know that I can do this with the default Chrome Bookmark manager, but was hoping there was a simple way from within NewT
- (2019-08-06, v:5.6.5) Lucas Rausch: Broken HTML icons
I made a personal HTML and CSS (Web-Page, Work page.) Home page and the icons Don't show up, even though I added icons. Please fix!
- (2019-03-13, v:5.6.3) Fateh AK: Feature Reuest
Can you please add the ability to increase/decrease the font size of the card title and card content. It would be super helpful!!
- (2019-01-13, v:5.6.3) Kale Scherler: How to delete a card?
Can't seem to figure it out :(
- (2018-11-02, v:5.6.3) Lost half of my Catagory Sites & Can't add them back
Hi, I went to add a site to one of my 11 Catagories and somehow deleted all of the sites under 5 of my Catagories all at the same time (no prompt to ask if I was sure". I am now trying to add back some of the sites but they don't show up under the Catatories. What has happened?? :(
- (2018-10-09, v:5.6.3) Jeff Jeff: backup newt data
Hi i would like to distribute my newt config to a collegue but cannot figure out were it is save . is the an export/import option at all?
- (2018-07-21, v:5.6.3) Sai Macharla: New Feature
It would be good if we can set our own background image rather than plain colors, is it already a feature?
- (2018-04-12, v:5.6.3) george: Duplicate Pages
When I open the internet, Newt gives me duplicate of the cards of I've created. How do I remove ?
- (2018-03-19, v:5.6.3) Zane Myers: bummers
installed and click on the gecko... nothing happens. Second time I installed. Have to uninstall. Too busy to monkey around with something new that doesn't work
- (2017-08-30, v:5.6.3) Pod I: Can't delete
Can you tell me how to delete a card? I can't find how to do it!
- (2017-06-10, v:5.6.3) Banana Bob: Cards
Is there a way to put a reminder at the bottom of the list displayed that the number of entries on the card are longer than those displayed. I suggest "...." Thanks