A minimal new tab page for Chrome that presents your favorite links as a clean, simple list.
A Fine Start replaces Chrome's new tab page with a handy list of links, grouped and sorted how you like. Use it for free in your current browser, or get a Premium account and sync your bookmarks on all your browsers. Includes a minimal, typographic design that stays out of your way and gets you where you want to go—quickly. Features - Minimal text links - Groups - Drag-and-drop sorting - Group folding - Dark mode - Restore points - Optional syncing account Privacy Friendly I care deeply about your privacy. A Fine Start operates with minimal personal information. By default, A Fine Start save your bookmarks directly in your browser. If you choose to purchase a Premium subscription, A Fine Start collects your email and saves both your email and bookmarks on its servers for the sole purpose of providing you syncing across all your browsers and devices. The permissions the browser extension asks for are needed solely to facilitate authentication for Premium users. They aren't used for any other purpose. What little information A Fine Start collects will never be given or sold to a third party.
- (2022-01-28) Ryan James: This is a great extension. Extremely simple but still attractive and refined.
- (2021-09-09) Alex Dr: Спасибо! Прекрасное расширение. Удобно, ничего лишнего, только нужный функционал.
- (2021-07-23) Carol Swinehart: A must for any genealogist. Have a listing of all your favorite sites.
- (2021-01-15) anonymous mouse: It is well made and not encumbered with too many features. The developer also has a solid policy on privacy, something that I worried about.
- (2018-05-29) Clayton Thigpen: Immediately a favorite extension. I've tried other bookmark managers and start pages - they're all either too pretty to do anything useful, or too "efficient" to easily navigate. This one has the best of both worlds. The layout is pleasing and straightforward, and the functionality is solid and reliable. Does everything I need a start page to do.
- (2018-05-24) Jonathan Reynolds (Jay): clean, simple, and easy to use. I would enjoy a way to import all or some of my bookmarks to the page, but I'm not 100% sure I can't and just haven't yet figured out how to do so. My favorite new tab extension. Just what I need and nothing more.
- (2017-08-14) Ryan Farmer: This is a fine start.
- (2017-05-30) Jessie Kotis: Great for keeping up with all of the sites I visit daily, especially for work. Having categories allows me to organize my resources and keeps me from keeping too many tabs open (or at least not as many, ha!) And I don't have to use the obnoxious bookmark bar, which is always a plus.