Autosave every change you make to a form so you can easily recover lost data, and create templates to fill out forms instantly.
Form Vault gives you the ability to save form templates and recover lost form data from any webpage. You can also fill out timesheets, job applications, and other forms that you fill out often with just the click of a button! If you’ve ever had a $#@*& moment and lost everything you typed into an online form, then this extension is just for you. If not, use this extension to avoid this! Current features: * The ‘Undo’ button will restore autosaved data for a particular site. This data is stored locally on your chrome browser. * The ‘Save Template’ button will create a template of current site’s form data. As long as the user has ‘sync’ enabled on their chrome browser, this data will persist offline and across different devices. Note that this button will overwrite previously saved templates. * The ‘Restore Template’ button will retrieve the template saved to the site’s domain and fill the template data into the appropriate fields on the form. * The ‘Edit Templates’ button will open a new webpage with a table displaying all the user’s currently saved templates. Users can edit and delete templates from this page. * The ‘Clear History’ button will clear all history - templates and auto-saved data. This data cannot be recovered. * Works for all text elements, select drop-downs, radio buttons, and checkboxes. -------------------------------------------------------------- Notice: This extension won't save any personal data. All data is either stored locally on your computer, or synced with your gmail account. This extension will also not save or recover any fields with the name 'Password' or anything similar.
- (2019-10-31) Lee H: like every other form remember tool on here, this doesnt work either
- (2019-08-18) Chris M.: You need to allow us to change the name of the page templates we save. Then there is value.
- (2019-05-05) Chris Vydas: Does not work as advertised or as expected.
- (2019-02-12) Asfand Qazi: The below review is no longer relevant. The extension no longer auto-saves forms. Very disappointed. --------------------- It's the first form recovery extension I've found that actually works since the venerable Lazarus died. I'm so happy :sob: Finally I can stop being paranoid about typing into web forms again! As other reviews have said, a bit more customizability would be great, but a good start!
- (2018-11-21) Radley Sustaire: It literally saves data for a form on a specific URL and it has templates but you can't load a different template on another form? It's useless. What is the point?
- (2018-08-02) David Trussell: I have a form I've been testing with over 50 fields. I'm on a Mac. This extension is so cool. Other extensions want to fill your form with random data. I don't want random data. I want *MY* data. Make a change to the code for the form and one click and I'm ready to test it. Very nicely done!
- (2018-07-20) Norm Gilbert: Compared to Lazarus or Form History Control on Firefox, this add-on simply does not work. I am on a Mac. There is NO documentation. What i expect: Save fields as I type into them, including corrections, until I leave the field. At which time the field record is closed. A record is created for each field into which I make an entry. The program is not at all PAGE based, but field based. Enter into field A on web page z, tab to webpage y and enter a field there. Each field is saved in the database without reference to a URL. Put all saved entries in a database that pops up when I need it. Find the lost or missing field data, copy it and paste it into the form. Never save user names or passwords. Allow me to preference how many fields to save. 20 or 200, my choice. This app seems to be designed for filling out job applications and saving templates for later recall. I do not know how the developer defines a template. My definition of a template is the basic design of a form. Not the data in the form. Data is what gets entered into a template. So this app is saving forms, not fields. Maybe it is supposed to be for filling out job applications, but there are better Mac apps for using shortcuts to enter repetitive data. Like Typinator on the Mac where I can create all kinds of text shortcuts. Type addr. And Typinator can enter a 5 line address. Typinator is 1,000 times more sophisticated than this app. It it especially useful for composing "personalized" letters. It is like an database of boilerplate with variables. I have no idea what this app is supposed to do, but it is not saving data I compose on the fly. Like what I am typing here right now, which will only be used in THIS form. If I accidentally delete my entry, or click publish and hit a time out or close the window by mistake, I want to recover my work FOR THIS FORM and THIS FIELD. Not some other form. I suspect the developer is a Windoze user as the add-on is not very Mac like in appearance. Sorry, but for my purposes it was useless and I removed it within a few hours of installing it.
- (2018-06-10) 10/10 would recommend Form Vault! It's not only a huge timesaver, but also definitely clutch for all the $#@*& moments I've had when filling out forms!
- (2018-05-01) Mand Season: I thought "autosave" meant it would save without me doing anything. I thought your reply on 23rd April that "The extension actually does save things automatically to your browser" meant that it actually would save things automatically! Even so, I looked for a way to activate or to start/stop, and found none. unless it's Save Template. What on earth is Save Template? I don't want to save a template, I want to save and recover anything I typed into a field that got lost when the browser or computer crashed. So I assumed Save Template was for data I may want to input repeatedly, such as name and address. A long post on a forum was completely lost. I didn't worry, I knew that I had Form Vault and that Form Vault had autosave. More fool me. Nothing is saved. If the previous reviewer and I are missing something obvious, then maybe that tells you instructions are needed? I too miss Lazarus.
- (2018-04-20) SPOILER ALERT: Effective if you remember to use it, but doesn't save anything automatically. I miss Lazarus.
- (2018-03-30) Carlos Bros: Form Vault is the best Chrome extension ever. I will never have to fill out job applications twice ever again!!!
- (2018-03-27) Kelly Yang: Form Vault has helped me tremendously. I'm always accidentally closing my internet tabs. This app helps me recover that data no problem! Definitely recommend.
- (2018-03-19) Cecilia Nguyen: I definitely recommend Form Vault. It's such an easy extension to use and saves me so much time.
- (2018-01-11) Young Lee: Looked up extensions that autosaved forms after I lost a ton of data applying for a job online. (I was obviously dumb for not saving but this happens more often that you'd think!) This extension works perfectly as described and has saved me ever since. The template feature is also nice as many job apps ask for similar things.
- (2018-01-09) Ezaan Mangalji: Form Vault is awesome, lets me save time on stuff that I hate typing over and over again. beaut
- (2019-09-10, v:1.1.2) David Hopson: Icon not showing
The icon doesn't show in the toolbar
- (2019-08-08, v:1.1.2) Justin Barca: Bug
In the console, the extensions causes the following error: "Uncaught ReferenceError: URLParser is not defined"
- (2018-07-30, v:1.1.2) Mpls Erin: fellow dev w/ something to say about ratings
Hi, I tried your extension as I'm in need of a quick form recovery add-on for Chrome so I don't lose type in case the backspace is hit accidentally. You could get ideas from an add-on (Firefox) called Lazarus. I'm a dev so I realize what works on FF may not work the same for other browsers like Chromium, or there may be some limitations. Form Vault is somewhat cumbersome and confusing (I'm Admin skill level and had difficulty; anyone below Power User skill wouldn't be able to use this add-on successfully). Finally, you should offer a form of Support (such as an email or Git for users to direct questions or PMs. I realize this might just have been a H.S. or college project while learning to code and that you're busy now, but if you do get this message, I hope you realize how fun it is to revamp old work several years down the line when you have more skills! Most non-developers don't realize apps and add-ons like this are made by busy people who aren't paid anything for their work (not always companies), AND that there's initial FEEs to join Google Developers--It's NOT free for us to share our add-ons and/or apps etc., yet people EXPECT FREE APPs, Software & Add-ons, then they rate 1 star and complain when the free app is not up to their standards. If we went to their work and demanded they give us their work for free they'd cry: "I can't! I wouldn't be able to afford food, my house yada yada yada..." so I understand what's up.
- (2018-07-20, v:1.1.2) Norm Gilbert: IT DOES NOT WORK
If you are familiar with Lazarus or Form History Control on Firefox you will understand how your add-on should work. I have read all the reviews. WHERE IS THE DATA THAT I ENTERED INTO A WEBPAGE FORM FIELD? Where is it saved? How can I display it? How many entries are saved? If I have filled out a form with 10 different fields, all ten should be saved separately and available to paste into the form after a crash or inadvertent press of the back arrow key. Your add-on should be saving as I type, and should not be dependent upon pressing any keys or pressing the enter key. For what I can tell, unless there is some documentation somewhere, your add-on is useless and deserves a 1-star review. It appears to save templates which is not the function I need.
- (2018-06-08, v:1.1.2) Ramona W.: How do you save the form data to a google account?
I can't find the option that will save my form entries to my google account. How do I find that option and turn it on?
- (2018-05-05, v:1.1.2) Ivaylo Georgiev: Hello
Hello, can you please consider adding some option for faster save and restore ? Key combinations maybe? Also an update will be nice, for example if a form is saved and I edit something - to overwrite it but faster, without the need for clicking, saving and so on? Thanks.