Removes most cookie banners and declines consent by omission
Do you miss a frictionless browsing experience, without all the hassle associated to privacy policies and cookie banners? How about saying NO to all tracking or profiling cookies without the pain of manually configuring them for every single website? The PrivacyCloud Consent Manager extension will decline all cookies on your behalf by automatically removing most consent-gathering notifications on the fly. Since no positive action will have taken place (unless you “pause” Consent Manager), you will have said “no to all”* while enjoying a smooth browsing experience. What if websites do not comply and simply serve cookies by default as we keep on browsing? We will flag their non-compliance in a very simple way, overlaying the amount of cookies being served illegally on top of the Consent Manager icon. *Article 5.3 of the EU ePrivacy Directive establishes an opt-in principle for non exempted cookies which is subject to the GDPR’s definition of “consent” (see article 4.11, as well as recitals 32/42, and the EU Data Protection Board’s Guidelines on Consent). In essence, consent cannot be inferred from a lack of action.
- (2021-03-21) Steve Wright: This extension is kind of effective, on some sites, but for me it is more annoying than the cookie popups themselves as it removes the banner when you open the site, but it flashes on the screen every time you click another link on the website. I feel it's quicker and a better experience to just decline the cookies manually.
- (2020-11-19) Suzanne Steekelenburg: I really like the concept of this extension, but for some reason there are times when it also removes my scroll bar, meaning that I cannot navigate websites :(
- (2020-10-15) Alexander Nähring: Tried it on aol.com, yahoo.com and some German sites. All show the banner, extension not working here.
- (2020-08-17) Alex: same amount of banners as before
- (2020-08-14) Daniel Ljungqvist: Been using this for 2 days. I even did a full browser history delete to try it out. I don't think this extension has worked on any website I've tried it on yet, either that, or I am doing something wrong. It does say that "This site seems to be serving 3rd party cookies, which you never accepted." but it still displays the Cookie banners on the websites.
- (2020-06-24) Alex M. Boos: Most is not good enough. I don't want to see any consent banners. Period.
- (2020-02-07) Ethan Duffy: Seems to at least cause less encounters with cookie popups, and seeing when a denial isn't honoured is nice.
- (2020-02-01) Carlos: Pensaba que dios no existia, hasta que encontre esta extensión
- (2019-11-14) Remo: No other extension soothes my nerves as much as this one does. No frills, does exactly what it says. Kudos for getting rid of the stupidest EU law application, ever. Thank you, PrivacyCloud Team.
- (2019-04-24) Alfredo: No salta ni una
- (2018-11-16) Alfredo Mezquita: Very useful extension!
- (2018-08-08) Victor Perez: It just works. Perfect!