Add useful functions for table rows and columns
UPDATE: Now supports commas for decimal places too! Adds some useful functions to tables. When you have a table you want to work on, click the 'Totalizer' icon in the toolbar. When it lights up, you can now right click on a table row or column and choose a simple spreadsheet function from the following: - Sum (calculate the total) - Average (work out the average) - Min (find the smallest or most negative value) - Max (find the biggest value) - Count (count the number of values in the row/column) The result will be added to the end of the row or column. The 'Exclude Cell' option can be used to remove cells from the function if required. 'Exclude All' does the same thing for each cell in the current row or column. Both can be undone by repeating. 'Clear' will remove all functions from the table. Note: This obviously works best with rows/columns containing numeric values! Anything that's not a digit, '+', '-', ',' or '.' will be ignored. Results are displayed to two decimal places. TODO: - Add user functions, eg A1+B2, etc. - Add column/row labels - Export to CSV or google docs. Version History: 0.90 Now supports commas! 0.80 Add row support Recalculates when excluding cells Improved highlight 0.71 Updated to manifest v.2 0.6 Fixed toggle logic to be much simpler 0.5 Added enable/disable button 0.4 Fixed a bug in column highlighting 0.3 Included cells highlighted on hover Exclude row option added Exclude is now a toggle Better column selection 0.2 Updated description 0.1 First working version Uses Joe Walnes's neat jquery context menu plugin (https://github.com/joewalnes/jquery-simple-context-menu).
- (2020-09-25) Liem Do: It stops working now.
- (2020-09-06) Nova Aurata: Very useful for dealing with websites with long tabulated lists (i.e. Internet Banking etc.). There are some field selection peculiarities, but as long as you're careful with what you're asking it to sum and average then it works very well. If hotkey support was implemented for the context-menu functions currently accessible only via the mouse this would be five-stars. :)
- (2019-01-12) Luciano Minervino: Gets the job done.
- (2018-08-29) Jim Grissom: Its probably ok if I could find where its at on my computer
- (2018-03-23) Scott Davis: It's helpful in some cases, but lack of decimal accuracy beyond two floating points makes it have limited use for me. I wish you could adjust this in the settings.
- (2017-11-23) Grzegorz Kolasa: Great, but has problem with comma as a decimal separator in my country :(
- (2016-08-27) Mubarak A: love it. Many Thanks to you.How can I donate?
- (2016-05-02) Puck Winchester: Does what it needs to - I manage a budget via browser and needed a way to easily calculate totals without exporting it every time. There's a bit of wonkiness that I'm sure can be worked on: sometimes right-clicking to bring up the Totalizer menu and scrolling away would result in the menu being selectable but right-clicking or clicking away wouldn't make it disappear as normal. Would also appreciate a way to calculate rows (perhaps holding ctrl to switch the highlighted axis). Options would be nice as well, such as color of highlighting. Overall: works and glad to have it around.
- (2015-09-28) Yuri Vic: Didn't work at all. Chrome version 44.0.2403.155
- (2015-02-25) Ian Maddox: The functionality is good, but when you install it, some random spammy ad site pops up. It crushed all trust I had for this plugin.
- (2013-09-18) Remy Beharaing: Great idea! Do you think possible to add the same function on: 1. rows (and not only columns) 2. selected value in a row or column, because total are often already existing, but while analyzing, I often need to sumarize part of a line or column Thanks a lot for this work.
- (2012-11-07) Georg Ochsner: Does only work with "." as separator. Would be cool to add an option for languages/number formats which use "," as separator.
- (2012-03-19) Derk Braakman: Great extension! Feature request: Set the amount of decimal places
- (2012-02-27) Francisco Maltez: Awesome, do you think you can multiply the value of one collumn by another and present the result in a new collumn?
- (2012-01-22) Don Schmitt: A simple, handy utility. Especially for computing column subtotals when the site doesn't help with that.
- (2020-09-06, v:0.90) Nova Aurata: Please implement a hotkey to exclude cells
Right-clicking for context menu then selecting "exclude cell" for long tabulated lists is starting to hurt my mousing hand... is there a way this functionality could be hotkeyed?
- (2018-08-30, v:0.90) - Slinger -: Extension idea
I want to pitch an extension idea to you: An extension that lets you select a value on a website and lets you do simple maths on it (+-*/) and show the result (e.g. in brackets next to the value). And make it possible to save that calculation for that website so it shows every time you visit. And apply that calculation on any value on that web domain in the same location. Example: A store shows prices without VAT or shipping cost (has to be flat rate). User will calculate the total price for an item and it will show the total price for all items on that domain automatically. (Gonna need a disclaimer in case people or the extension messes up ;p)
- (2018-05-08, v:0.90) samar fat-hy ibrahym: comma still not handled
1000,000,00 is evaluated to 1000 comma still not handled well
- (2017-08-27, v:0.80) Support for comma instead of decimal point
In some countries we use a comma as a decimal separator and it would be nice to be able to choose between . and , for decimals or else it adds wrong. Example 2,5 + 10 = 35 and it should be 12,5 Thanks!
- (2015-02-06, v:0.71) Nick Korostelev: Rounds up for some reason
For example: 34.99+73.00=108.00 instead of 107.99
- (2013-10-15, v:0.71) jeff liebgold: doesn't work
I installed in chrome from 'app store'. button isthere next to the chrome settings button (extreme right top of browser) but when I click on it, nothing happens. the app is enabled in 'extensions' whats up??
- (2013-05-14, v:0.61) Rio Bravo: how to copy column?
very usefull for me, please add function to copy column to the Clipboard
- (2013-02-04, v:0.61) Jacques Baribeault: Doesn't work with iframe content
Any chance of making this work on content in iframes?