Go to Facebook just for WORK, but then be distracted by Newsfeed?. "Stop Scrolling Newsfeed" is here to help you GET BACK to WORK!
How many times you visit Facebook just to check news from a group, or ask your friend something, but suddenly Facebook's newsfeed distracted you then you keep scrolling and scrolling... "Stop Scrolling Newsfeed for Facebook" (SSNF) protects you from the distraction of Facebook News Feed, but if you want, you still can view your news feed for a short period of time and SSNF will remind you to stop. Any feedback or suggestion is welcome. Change log: ## [1.2.1] - 2020-02-25 - Fix the bug hiding newsfeed when users are on group ## [1.2.0] - 2020-02-22 - Support Facebook Beta ## [1.1.3] - 2018-07-08 - Add customizable option, now user can open newsfeed for as many minutes as they want ## [1.1.2] - 2017-07-13 ### Modified - Updated new chrome store link ## [1.1.1] - 2017-07-06 ### Modified - Changed app's name, icon, promotional tile ## [1.1.0] - 2017-29-03 ### Added - Now the extension can auto scroll to the position before closing newsfeed ## [1.0.6] - 2017-29-03 ### Fixed - fix the bugs related to resetting timer when the day is over ## [1.0.5] - 2017-27-03 ### Changed - improve timer: only count when the tab is selected/active as browsing time ### Fixed - fix bug that doesn’t reset timer when the day is over ## [1.0.4] - 2017-26-03 ### Added - Option to hide/show the longer time options (10 and 30 minutes) ## [1.0.3] - 2017-24-03 ### Added - A counter for the amount of minutes spent scrolling in the day ### Changed - Change the time of showing pop to when user has 10 secs left (was 15 seconds) ## [1.0.2] - 2017-23-03 ### Added - Detect if there is a playing video. Newsfeed will be closed only when the video got paused or ended - An option allows user to enable above feature or not ## [1.0.1] - 2017-21-03 ### Added - Helpful links: Rate this application link and submit suggestion link ## [1.0.0] - 2017-21-03 ### Added - More time option: add 10 minutes and 30 minutes option ### Fixed - The overlay now cover all reactions, likes, and videos
- (2021-01-06) johann sztytke: Doesn't work.
- (2020-12-07) Nathan Aubé: Literally changed my life for the best! Made me realise how much time I was losing.
- (2020-12-04) Tú Đức: cảm ơn tác giả nhiều
- (2020-10-25) Or Drori: A very simple plugin that saves a whole lot of unnecessary time in its simplicity. Well done to the creators! I would love to give you a UI design service through CSS that I made myself and should be for everyone for free. Again, thank you!
- (2020-10-09) Harvey Williams: Great - helps you do exactly what the app title says.
- (2020-10-05) Jakub Golan: That's all i ever wanted! :D
- (2020-10-02) Poly Niki: works like a charm, lifesaver. stops me from mindlessly scrolling the facebook feed like a zombie for hours looking for something actually interesting, when all I get is time-killing useless posts and countless adds in between. If you are addicted to Facebook and are not actually enjoying the newsfeed, install this extension and get your life back.
- (2020-09-17) Jemima Howell: Excellent extension! I have to use facebook messenger a lot for work, so this is a life saver. Works cleanly, does the job! This will definitely boost my productivity!
- (2020-07-21) Thietke1 Dct: Good
- (2020-03-26) Sean Yeoh: Love it, does exactly what i needed, to not be dragged into the endless pit of Facebook scrolling. Now i use Facebook on my own terms: When i want to look for a specific friend, add a new connection, send birthday wishes.
- (2020-03-05) Rejoice Resmond: Great !!
- (2020-02-24) Phuong Tran: Leave the top-post in the groups please, it don't deserve to hide it. This extension hide all of the post, so it is not different than a block extension, why the purpose of this extension is block scroll only. You can work in the [data-insertion-position] tag. There are 3 type of post in the group: From notifications, New activity, Older. What you need to hide is the older. Thank you for you work!
- (2019-12-13) Connor Duke: Best app for not wasting my life!
- (2019-12-09) Timo Meijs: This is gold, thanks so much 😂
- (2019-11-21) Jacob Lehy: I wish I could give it a negative five. I wanted it to make my Facebook feed stop auto-scrolling...instead it completely blocked me from seeing my Facebook feed, instead only showing me the feedback form. What useless garbage.
- (2019-10-30) Kim Tran: Great for reducing hours mindlessly scrolling thru FB!
- (2019-10-20) Phong Ngo: Very nice
- (2019-10-16) Ernest Lewicki: It's great :) A lifesaver
- (2019-10-10) Nicole Vincent: Just what this FB addicted chick needed! It allows me to do what I need to do on fb without getting lost in the endless newsfeed.
- (2019-09-20) Sultan Neer: very useful plugin. We do not have time to put a good review but still this app saving a lots of time of ours. I really appreciate the effort.
- (2019-09-16) Sandrine Héroux: This is what my thesis needed.
- (2019-07-30) Robin Morieux: Parfait, ni interdire ni laisser couler
- (2019-06-20) Mahfuzur Rahman: Great Initiative. I like it, and want to recommend every human.
- (2019-06-16) Callum Worrall: fantastic idea, and great execution
- (2019-06-15) irani noor: به تناهئی کارچندافزونه روانجام میده .
- (2019-05-29) Mạnh Tùng Lê Nguyễn: The best extension has came back!
- (2019-05-28) Fom Ly: En plus créer par un viet, je plussoie !
- (2019-01-12) Vodrek: Haven't really used it yet, but it is sth i was REALLY searching for and i was thinking that needed to exist and that if i couldn't find i would have to somehow create it. Also it's an app that made me write my first review over here so woo, well done, great thing, r8 8/8 UwU
- (2019-01-08) Vic Bueno: It is really helpful for me to reduce (and eventually stop) scrolling through the Facebook home page. Helps me understand that it is endless so no point in scrolling.
- (2018-12-05) François Vasseur: most useful thing ever
- (2018-12-04) Kethry Warren: Works very well! I like being able to choose how long I can spend on my news feed. It even gives a little warning when you have only ten seconds left of the time you selected. It isn't a super pretty interface or anything, but it works super well and that's what I was looking for.
- (2018-09-23) Adam Lynch: Just what I wanted!!
- (2018-09-10) William Nett: Thanks for hijacking my facebook experience.
- (2018-08-28) Ronnie Hammade: Best thing out there to stop Facebook addiction!
- (2018-07-26) Wladimir Kowalsky: Unfortunatelly it doesn't work together with Friction for Facebook
- (2018-07-26) Quân LêAnh: What a savior !
- (2018-07-25) ELmO: very useful
- (2018-07-21) Hoa Duc: the best extensions !
- (2018-06-23) Raffhell Hadden: Useful
- (2018-06-20) Filipe Rorschach: Perfeito! É possível controlar o tempo que a gente fica no face ao mesmo tempo que impede que a gente fique scrolando por horas, distraído.
- (2020-12-28, v:1.2.1) Александър О'Биги: Improves
I think it will be usefull to add "to do" list when app is turning on.
- (2020-12-21, v:1.2.1) Beka Marsagishvili: When I open a Facebook Page, it does not let me to scroll even though I hit "just 5 mins :("
Hello, When I open a any Facebook page, let's say for example like this one - https://www.facebook.com/CatMemes - your extensions blocks the facebook page feed and when I click Just 5 mins :( it still stays there and does not unblock so that I can scroll a little bit. Can you please fix this? Thank you so much!
- (2020-10-22, v:1.2.1) zackary fournier: it would be fun to be able to pause the time, ex: i go to the bathroom during my 10 mins so i could pause it when im not looking no more, also idk if itd just me who dosent have this option because ive heard of it but there should be a 15 more secs button
it would be fun to be able to pause the time, ex: i go to the bathroom during my 10 mins so i could pause it when im not looking no more, also idk if itd just me who dosent have this option because ive heard of it but there should be like a 15 more secs button when the countdown appears, the number of time i was reading a v good post and got cut off and couldnt find the post again is frustrating :c
- (2020-07-10, v:1.2.1) Paweł Krzesiński: On/Off button
Great extension, everything works right for me but i would like an easy to access on/off button that i could click if i want to normally scroll through fb without interruption. Thanks
- (2020-07-03, v:1.2.1) Kerim Friedman: Blocks groups and pages on new FB interface
It works well on the new FB interface, but not when looking at some pages or groups, where it blocks the feed even after asking for more time.
- (2020-05-14, v:1.2.1) Cristina Birtea: Unhide page wall not working
On the new facebook layout the extention is hiding the wall on facebook pages and the "just 5 mins" button doesn't work to unhide it.
- (2020-05-13, v:1.2.1) Walid Ag: Dismissal bar not functioning properly.
When time is almost up, the option to extend time is shown up top on the page. On clicking on it, most times it doesn't seem to work. I hope this will be fixed and maybe the design and position of it can be improved too. Thanks!
- (2020-03-18, v:1.2.1) Jonas Vantrappen: Dark mode
It's a small detail, but in dark mode, the blocked newsfeed remains white. A black mode feature would be nice!
- (2020-02-26, v:1.2.1) Alisha Klapheke: Option For Groups
Can you enable a way for us to use Groups without the extension stopping us? I want the extension on my regular feed, but not in Groups where I have to work daily. If not, I'm going to have to discontinue use. Thanks!
- (2020-02-25, v:1.2.0) Phuong Tran: Leave the top-post in the groups please
Leave the top-post in the groups please, it don't deserve to hide it. This extension hide all of the post, so it is not different than a block extension, why the purpose of this extension is block scroll only. You can work in the [data-insertion-position] tag. There are 3 type of post in the group: From notifications, New activity, Older. What you need to hide is the older. Thank you for you work!
- (2020-02-12, v:1.1.3) Kerim Friedman: Facebook Beta
It seems that Facebook is now trying out a new version of the timeline, but it breaks this plugin. I hope the plugin can be updated before the new version of the timeline is out of beta.
- (2020-01-31, v:1.1.3) Sophie Robitaille: Pages and groups
I would like the app to work on the pages and groups that we can scrolling down too! Thanks for the app!! :)
- (2019-11-26, v:1.1.3) Azi Lailleurs: Features request : wait until finish posting coments
I really like your app and it offered me lot of time to do other thing than scrolling facebook but I find it really annoying when I'm writing a coment and it close the facebook feed. And I will really like it if it doesn't close the feed when writing a comment AND stop counting time while you're writing. Thanks a lot !
- (2019-10-16, v:1.1.3) Kylie Warren: Work Hours
Option to disable when it's not working hours
- (2019-09-18, v:1.1.3) Beka Marsagishvili: Suggestion
Hello, when I click Home on Facebook and page reloads your extension does not work. I have to refresh entire page for your extension to work. Sometimes I get distracted because I hit Home Page and still scroll the news feed because the extension does not work in these occasions. Please can you make changes to your extension so that when I hit Home button on Facebook feed won't be shown anymore? Thanks
- (2019-06-06, v:1.1.3) Boaz Rosenberg: suggestion
An option to run on Facebook pages, in addition to the main feed, would be great. Thank you for a great extension
- (2019-02-14, v:1.1.3) Anh Đức Trần: Customization!
When it is over and back to the lock screen, instead of looking at a preset wall of text, why not let the users customize that lock screen by their own motivating reminders and a beautiful background as well?
- (2018-10-30, v:1.1.3) fb stories
maybe make an option for hiding stories they do get distracting sometimes. rest is very nice really helps.
- (2018-10-26, v:1.1.3) Shei Darksbane: Feature Request: Wait til finished posting comment.
I like the "wait til video finishes playing" option. Please also add "Wait til finished posting comment" If you're currently typing a comment or sharing a post. Thank you! I couldn't get anything done without this extension!
- (2018-09-23, v:1.1.3) ELmO: new idea
you should add extension of closing window when time is off
- (2018-09-10, v:1.1.3) Jeremy Johns: You app is great!
You app is great! ~User
- (2018-08-23, v:1.1.3) Md. Rofiqul Islam: Facebook are stacked
Facebook are stacked. Request for resolve.