Fix the white flash in new tabs or when clicking links
WhiteSlash is a fix for the white flash in chrome that is shown whenever a link is clicked or a new tab is opened before the page fully loads. Protect your eyes and use this extension combined with Dark Reader. REQUIRES NEWEST VERSION OF CHROME & DARK READER EXTENSION Click settings -> About -> check for updates to ensure Chrome is fully updated. Get Dark Reader at the link below: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dark-reader/eimadpbcbfnmbkopoojfekhnkhdbieeh?hl=en **In some cases, you may need to remove and reinstall your Chrome theme to make it work 100% Tested on both Windows and Mac. I will keep this extension updated if any issues arise during future Chrome updates.
- (2019-11-10) William Lubelski: Haven't found anything else that even remotely works besides this. As the description mentioned, it didn't work until I set a theme (but then I just set it back to default)
- (2019-06-26) Lisa N: Not the devs fault but this doesn't work well. I want no flashes. Please Chrome folks fix this problem quickly. This should be number one on their list. Other browsers have done it why not Chrome?
- (2019-05-05) Krzysztof Maliszewski: Doesn't work
- (2018-11-15) Ageng Nugroho: nope, doesnt work mostly.
- (2018-06-09) Paul Kra: Does not work with Dark Reader and a Dark Theme installed. Tried reinstalling the theme. Still get white flashing screens when loading a new site.
- (2018-06-05) Bora Kirca: Doesn't work at all.
- (2018-04-09) gkstwo: Does not work for me, still get the white flash between sites/new tabs. I am using Dark Reader extension.
- (2018-03-26) BlackBirds93: Doesn't work, really wish it did
- (2018-03-03) Tito Carreno: this needs you to install dark reader, which I don't want to. Just want to stop the flashing, that's what I want. False advertising.
- (2018-02-07) Jennilyn Adefuin: Would love for this to work, but after reinstalling it a few times, it still doesn't :(. I have Dark Reader. I restarted Chrome, my computer, even changed my theme and disabled all other extensions to no avail. Hope this works for others though! Any help or tips would be appreciated.
- (2017-12-24) Médi El: Great
- (2017-11-01) Brian Gleason: Mostly works. Seems to allow a "micro" flash when I go to a new tab. Certainly better then without this extension.
- (2017-10-05) Dhruv Shikhar: Amazing app, works so well for me !
- (2017-09-28) senselocke: It's not working. Holy crud, I wish it was, but it's not. Dark Reader installed, reset theme, updated Chrome... still a white flash on every new tab/window
- (2017-06-09) Tim Titus: Fixes the white flash when loading pages. Be sure you have the DarkReader extension installed as well as it won't work until you do that! Cheers!!
- (2017-05-14) Chris Co: Doesn't work at all. Still get a micro white flash on new tab, and a big white flash if I click a link which opens a new tab in the foreground (like google news). Latest Chrome (58), fresh install, tested with Dark Reader and no other addon.
- (2017-05-07) Tom Miller: Ok, so installing Dark reader fixes the issue and the extension works. But now dark reader inverts every website I visit.