Forces Chrome to open new tabs instead of pop-up windows and/or links in the same tab by default instead of new or background tab.
If you hate when you click the link and Chrome opens it in a new or a new background tab, or even in a new window, then this extension is for you. It forces Chrome to open links in the same tab by default instead of new or background tab, and new tabs instead of pop-up windows.
- (2021-05-07) Cad Delworth: Brilliant extension: forces Ivanti Service Manager Reports to open in TABS instead of pop-ups!
- (2021-05-07) Songmin Yoon: Works exactly as described
- (2021-04-13) Want Schnitzel: Sehr hilfreiche Erweiterung für iMacros. Einziges Manko, iMacros funktioniert nicht wenn es in einem neuen Tab anstelle in einem PopUp geöffnet wird, also muss man die Erweiterung kurz deaktivieren, iMacros öffnen und wieder aktivieren.
- (2021-04-07) Aviv Chetrit: So nice with the programs that we use. No longer ending up with many windows open, but just keeps opening tabs and keeping things grouped together that way.
- (2021-03-29) Haibo Xu: Amazing and long waited add-on!
- (2021-03-10) ネロ: ブラウザをバックグラウンドで開くようにしてると、再度チェックを入れないと アンケートサイトがタブで開かないので、面倒。 コレを使いたいから、バックグラウンドで開くのをやめました。 うまく開かないことが多くなりました。 インストールするとまた別タブで開くようになりますが…面倒…。
- (2021-03-01) Edward Maly: Sometimes it works sometimes id dosent.
- (2021-02-14) Derek Matuszewski: Works great, something Chrome should just have built in.
- (2021-02-05) Paul LaFlamme: This works excellent! Really good extension. I too use it for autotask.
- (2021-02-04) Ricardo López: It does exactly what it's supposed to do and it's so easy to install and run i barely notice is even there. Thanks!
- (2020-12-25) Aimee Alise: 在CSDN網站中無法運行，點擊鏈接還是會在新標籤頁中打開。
- (2020-12-24) John T: Wish this extension worked all the time. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't, regardless of the website. Would love for this to work again! :(
- (2020-12-18) Sorin Ionuț Sbârnea: Force tab in same window feature does not work with current Chrome even after reloading the page. Clicking gerrit build hyperlinks still open in new tab and they only have target="_blank" rel="noopener".
- (2020-12-10) Nathan Ball: It is a life saver! Forcing my ticketing system to behave how I need it. The only bad thing I have found is it breaks Hangouts as it will not open in a tab. Work around, disable extension>open hangouts>enable extension. So Whitelisting/ignore list would get this extension 5 stars.
- (2020-12-09) Optistar: One of the best chrome extensions, well done guys.
- (2020-12-06) Jack Wu: works sometimes
- (2020-11-25) Lukáš Slamka: It is very nice addon, just got a problem with Site access - Access on specific sites is not working. I wanted to specify only a few of sites, but now it is used on every site. Other than that, working as expected.
- (2020-11-18) Jared Stokes: Works perfectly when it works! :)
- (2020-11-17) Catalogus Office Zbigniew Toczek: excellent!!!!
- (2020-11-03) Jasper Golze: Nice. Works like it should.
- (2020-10-23) Sean Groves: This extension is GREAT, so much so that I just donated $20 to the developer for the impact it's had on my day to day work! One small issue is that when a new tab is opened, there are lots of times when I cannot right click any buttons on the screen to provide input. There is a simple workaround for this (I just have to move my cursor to the top of the window and drag it around a bit with my mouse and then am able to use right click on the button again). Would love this extension even more if this small bug was addressed.
- (2020-10-23) Samuel Decker: Thank God--er, Sergiy-- for this extension. There is nothing else like it that works so perfectly. There is an application I work with professionally (AutoTask) that opens all links as pop-ups. Without this extension I would have scores of new browser windows open, instead of tabs. Thank you Sergiy!
- (2020-10-22) Roberto Mora: thaks a lot ...!
- (2020-10-21) Marc Culaste: Helpful, saves time, more efficiency with Working.
- (2020-10-16) Harold Carrasco: Realy handy so far
- (2020-10-12) Metal Cooler: Me gusto. Simplemente genial.
- (2020-09-23) Trevor de Vries: Use it every day, for tickets I have to look at
- (2020-09-18) Yu Cho: Thank you so much for developed such a wonderful extension. Could you consider to implement whiltelisting function to the next version? Because for some sites I do not want them to be opened as a new tab. e.g. for goole hangouts, if I checked "open pop-ups as a new tabs", then hangouts window can not pop up normally. Please have a look and I am really looking forward to adding whitelist function. Thanks again!
- (2020-09-13) Ricardo López: Simple and effective.
- (2020-09-09) Alisa M: A must have extension!
- (2020-09-05) Edward Powers: Just what I needed.
- (2020-09-05) Richard Finch: "Reuse tabs" stopped working for me after today's update.
- (2020-08-29) shefali shernawal: superb
- (2020-08-24) Jacobus Mostert: Precisely what I wanted!! :D
- (2020-08-19) Eugene Tibaev: Наконец-то работающее решение, а то мучался с pop-up после Firefox`а
- (2020-08-18) David Fernandez: love it
- (2020-08-18) Matt: Best extension. Makes work flow much better.
- (2020-08-02) Andrew Schmid: Finally stopping those stupid school homework popups for no reason
- (2020-08-02) Sarang M: good
- (2020-07-20) Loribeth Clark: Doesn't seem to work with the Etsy website, and that's the site I'm having problems with.
- (2020-07-09) Trespordez: Funciona super bem!
- (2020-07-05) Arun Kaushik: Thanks man! You made many lives easy... You deserve 5 stars many times. Best of luck for your future endeavours!
- (2020-07-03) Daniel Barker: PERFECT!!!!!
- (2020-06-30) Девки: Очень хорошее расширение спасибо большое!
- (2020-06-29) Terry: This extension is one of a kind. I agree with some reviews saying I wish it opened next to the current tab if possible and sometimes it needs to be turned off and on again but those are minor inconveniences for how well this extension works!
- (2020-06-29) Deepak Naidu: Happy to have found this!!!
- (2020-06-29) jesus sierra: Excelente
- (2020-04-13) Jin Ho Shin: It is simple and has a functionality what i want. It is very good to me
- (2020-04-07) 이창욱: 대체적으로 잘 작동하지만 일부 사이트에서는 잘 안되네요.
- (2020-04-06) Rob Thomas: I love this! I use an online ticketing system that drives me bananas and this fixes it.
- (2021-05-07, v:2.2) Darren Munson: Needs to be re-enabled every day
As above, each day when I start up, popups open in a new window, I disable, then re-enable the checkbox, and it works again. Probably due to a Chrome update, but can it be fixed? Thanks.
- (2021-03-10, v:2.2) Matt Frost: Stopped working
No longer works on Windows 10/Edge as of v89.0.774.45
- (2020-11-25, v:2.2) Miroslav Belák: Extension site access feature
Dear developer, First of all, kudos for such much needed extension. Question. In extension settings there is a section called Site access. I had it set to "On all sites", thought the list of sites I would like the extension to run is low, therefore I tried to switch it to "On specific sites", or even to "On click". It appears the the extension ignores this setting. I wonder if this is the extension issue, or rather Chrome issue. For comparison other extensions seem to follow this setting flawlessly. Thank you for you reply!
- (2020-10-19, v:2.2) yrLDtLnt: Ignore list
I need a pop-up window for some websites, please add a list to filter
- (2020-09-25, v:2.2) sunkist paradise: not work on some site
i'm installed this extention to open link/button in new tab, but apparently this extention does not work on some site, for example pahe.ph. when i click the button/link it does not open in new tab as i expected
- (2020-09-18, v:2.2) Yu Cho: Dear developer,
Thank you so much for developed such a wonderful extension. Could you consider to implement whiltelisting function to the next version? Because for some sites I do not want them to be opened as a new tab. e.g. for goole hangouts, if I checked "open pop-ups as a new tabs", then hangouts window can not pop up normally. Please have a look and I am really looking forward to adding whitelist function. Thanks again!
- (2020-07-30, v:2.1) ルミ: デスクトップ通知が来ない
- (2020-06-24, v:2.1) Artemi Lebedev: Pops
How to open popup (i think) windows in SAME tab? For example: https://www.reddit.com/r/kde/
- (2020-05-21, v:2.1) Edward Allisette: Application no longer working
Hi, Not sure what has happened but as of the last week or so the extension now does not do as it is supposed to. I have to manually turn the open in new tabs option off and back on every morning. I have tried re-installing it but it has not fixed the issue. I am assuming others have raised the same thing with you. Thanks Ed
- (2020-04-07, v:2.1) Ehren Dimitry: Edge availability
Can you add this extension to the Edge Library?
- (2020-04-04, v:2.1) Lonfo Sbernecchia: should open tab next to the current one
the extension should open the tab at the right of the current active tab. please can you fix it? thanks.
- (2020-03-19, v:2.1) Kristian Krejberg: Extension stays active even when told not no
I have added this extension, and have only allowed it for one specifik URL Even though it stays active on all websites I have tried to mark that it should only be active if I click on the extension, same issue as above
- (2020-02-29, v:2.1) Jaydeep Thoke: In Chrome I need it to disable and enable once every day once. Then only This works.
Hi, I am using this since last 1 or 2 years in chrome. Works great. But recently In Chrome I need it to disable and enable at least once every day. Then only This works. Please look in to this issue and solve it. I want to work with you guys to solve this let me know if you need more info on it.
- (2020-02-28, v:2.1) Ravinder Yadav: addon is not working in opera browser
addon is not working in opera browser
- (2020-02-07, v:2.1) Artemi Lebedev: Evernote
Some problems with evernote clipper - cannot auth in evernote
- (2020-01-10, v:2.1) Yod Samuel Martín: Extensions do not open on a new window
Although in theory "Chrome extensions are not blocked", they are indeed in practice since Chrome 79. When I click on the extension button (in particular, Tabs Outliner), the extension window flickers and then it opens on a new tab of the current window.
- (2020-01-08, v:2.1) Michael Long: tabs
chrome and tabs not responding. drive disabled. tabs not acting right.
- (2019-12-19, v:2.1) Scott Comstock: Chrome 79 and this extension blocks Google Hangout extension from opening
Starting with chrome version 79.0.3945.79 the floating google hangouts window won't open. The browser just flashes as if a popup window was blocked. If I disable "Open link in same tab, pop-up as tab" then the Google Hangout window will open. For my users this just started with Chrome 79 on both mac and windows versions of the browser.
- (2019-12-17, v:2.1) Dave Stout: Blocks Hangouts Extension From Opening
Now that Google has switched Hangouts to an extension instead of app, I cannot open Hangouts with "Open link in same tab" enabled. If I disable it, then click Hangouts it opens. Please have an ability to white/blacklist Hangouts so it can function properly. Thanks.
- (2019-10-26, v:2.1) צבי דראך: modelism/טיסנאות
לפרסם חוגי טיסנאות ובניית מודלים
- (2019-10-07, v:2.1) Judy Waybright: Chrome TAB extension DOES NOT WORK
I see folks are saying extension does not work just like me...however I am not seeing where anyone is responding or assisting with the issue. The extension is not fully functioning...whomever is able needs to fix it so that it actually does work... Please assist and advise as to why it is not working and what we need to do to get it to work.....
- (2019-09-18, v:2.1) Judy Waybright: same tab link does NOT work
works once but if you go out and come back it doesn't...
- (2019-09-13, v:2.1) Engin Rençber: It's not working
This extensiion is not working
- (2019-09-12, v:2.1) Engin Rençber: It's not downloading
It's not downloading
- (2019-07-15, v:2.1) Diana Gonzalez: Profile Update
I AM A FIVE STAR WOMAN OF GOD
- (2019-04-05, v:2.1) Eric Miletich: extension control from google admin
We would like to push this extension out through google admin but global control the options so we can disable the reuse tab function. Is there a way to do so?
- (2019-03-01, v:2.1) Brenda Sloan: httpitunes
cant connect itunes because im locked out of my iphone 6 plus
- (2019-02-01, v:2.1) Katherin Morris: Reset every morning - Open pop-ups as a new tabs (Chrome extensions are not blocked)
For the last month or so I have to reset the "Open pop-ups as a new tabs (Chrome extensions are not blocked)" every morning because it stops working. Help Please.
- (2018-09-23, v:2.1) Susan Janeczek: need help with tool
How do you set this tool up so that when I click on a link in one system, it shows up in the same tab each time? Currently, every time I click on a linkedin URL in a record, it keeps opening a new tab. I thought this tool could be set up so that that linkedin URLs all open in the same tab? Is this possible? Can you help?