Forces Chrome to open new tabs instead of pop-up windows and/or links in the same tab by default instead of new or background tab.
Forces Chrome to open new tabs instead of pop-up windows and/or links in the same tab by default instead of new or background tab. If you hate when you click the link and Chrome opens it in a new or a new background tab, or even in a new window, then this extension is for you. It forces Chrome to open links in the same tab by default instead of new or background tab, and new tabs instead of pop-up windows. Version 2.6: - Fixed some cases where popups could not open same tab due to extension upgrade to manifest v3 Version 2.5: - Fix some bug - Fix some page can't open popup same tab Version 2.4: - Add new feature: - View all link open popup. - Manage all tabs current window. - Share link of tab on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
- (2023-09-29) Alexander Gruber: Used to love this extension, but now it's functionality is erratic and is killing my workflow. It just opens tabs up in random windows if it works at all. Version 2.8 is garbage.Guess I'll have to look for an alternative.
- (2023-09-28) Tashi Sherpa: Opens links in the same tab (reuses tab). I can't believe this has to be an extension though. Ridiculous. Minus one star until the developer addresses data collection.
- (2023-08-22) Gea-Suan Lin: The latest version starts to track users, which is a different claim to "Privacy practices" page: https://abpe.org/system/media_attachments/files/110/932/276/340/680/182/original/9d022707f9c0ca4a.png The "openlinkinsametab.com" domain is registered on 2023-07-20T05:43:05Z, according to whois.
- (2023-08-03) Nahidah Abeer Naifeh: Easy to use.
- (2023-08-02) Alyson Mayert: amazing experience!
- (2023-08-02) Neva Murphy: Nice script!
- (2023-08-02) Laila Mosciski: Saves so much time! Love it!
- (2023-08-01) Maysam Lubabah Wasem: Great scripts! Highly recommended!
- (2023-08-01) Terrance Shields: Excellent tool! Thank you!
- (2023-08-01) Hilario Johnston: Very cool!! show !!
- (2023-08-01) Amazing! Is doing the job !
- (2023-07-31) Jeff Jones: Works great! Thanks for the update
- (2023-07-31) Wilford Lubowitz: Nice extension!
- (2023-07-31) Adrian Bolboceanu: Been using it day to day for at least 5 years, worked flawlessly. When the upgrade broke the functionality, I've emailed the developer and he kept me updated on the progress, and solved the issue quite quickly.
- (2023-07-30) Khánh Hồng: Not Bad. it's work.
- (2023-07-30) Lê Viết Sơn: I love your script work and nice work
- (2023-07-29) Worked fine again. Good job!
- (2023-07-29) work for me!
- (2023-07-28) Jason Monsen: Good extension, but currently having issues with a recent Chrome update. It seems like the extension doesn't fully load on some tabs, leaving the functionality erratic. Using Sergiy's test webpage I find that when it does not work, reloading the page will fix the issue (at least for that tab). Also had problems with Edge, meaning this is probably a bug introduced with a core Chromium change. Issue started somewhere in the last 2-3 weeks. Looking at our install logs vs release notes, this likely started with Chrome Stable 114.0.5735.198/199 at the absolute earliest. All further updates have continued to have the issue. This is on Win10 Pro x64. I've not tested Mac nor Linux yet. I was looking for a way to put in a bug report but this seems like the only option. Hopefully I can update this rating once fixed since the extension is perfect when working properly.
- (2023-07-28) Work for me!
- (2023-07-28) bibliomania999: 最近、機能せずにポップアップ表示になることがある
- (2023-07-27) Jonathon Picone: Worked great for years, does not work well anymore. Even with the new update it did not fix the issue.
- (2023-07-27) Christopher Keim: This extension was great until today, when it stopped doing the ONE thing it's meant to do. What happened, did you load it with spyware?
- (2023-07-27) Frank Ki: Partially broken with (since) Chrome 115.0.5790.102 (32-Bit). Same behaviour in Chrome 114 and 116 (beta). I think the latest extension update is causing the problem, not Google Chrome itself. Still not fixed in 2.5. Can you please make version 2.3 available for download as crx?
- (2023-07-26) Joe Springer: Loved this extension until it stopped working for me. I use it primarily for my tickets in TDX (team dynamics) and as of this week it has stopped working. When you open a new window it doesn't create it in a tab, it's quite frustrating after being so used to it working as intended!
- (2023-07-26) Adam Eckert: Looks like there is an issue with pop ups not opening in a new tab on the first attempt, if try a second time it works. This used to work with no issues, but started happening. using CRM MS Dynamics website.
- (2023-07-25) Stacey Finelli: Worked perfectly for years, however, recent update has caused it to fail. Very disappointing.
- (2023-07-25) Jean Ellis: As of last update, this doesnt work anymore
- (2023-07-25) Emily Costello: This was amazing for years & my entire work department uses it. However, in the past week, it hasn't been working. Looks like an update was recently done.
- (2023-07-25) Megalomaniacat: Worked flawlessly for years, now over the past two weeks it fails 50-75% of the time
- (2023-07-25) Donnie Tremblay: Use it for the entire company I work at, it works but every day we need to de-activate, and re-activate it to get it to work again after it stops working after a day.
- (2023-07-24) Ono Lox: It's not working anymore! I used it for years, and now don't work anymore.
- (2023-07-20) Benyamin Limanto: Not working for Office.com and onedrive.live.com
- (2023-07-11) Byrnison lorek: perfect.Translate in Chinese below Open pop-ups as a new tabs (Chrome extensions are not blocked)以新标签打开弹出窗口（Chrome扩展未被阻止） Give new tabs focus切换到新打开的标签页 "Reuse tab" - open links (except pop-ups) in a current tab instead of a new tab. Requires "On all sites" Site access under extension settings. Please refresh the page(s) if you have changed this option!“重用选项卡”-在当前选项卡而不是新选项卡中打开链接（弹出窗口除外）。需要在扩展设置下访问“所有网站”网站。如果您更改了此选项，请刷新页面！ Please consider donation to support development请考虑捐款支持发展
- (2023-07-10) Colleen McGillivray: I am constantly having to remove and re-add this extension because it stops working after a week or so.
- (2023-06-27) David Linden: works
- (2023-06-21) Opossum ololo: Работает в яндексе, не работает на озоне :(
- (2023-06-11) Jonathan Tremblay: Thank you ! Was looking for something like this for a while ! Works great !
- (2023-06-07) STEVEN C.: Been using this extension for year. Should be built into Chrome IMO, very useful!
- (2023-04-26) Victor TOULOUSE: Perfect. Now I can stop Slack from opening its “huddles” in a very annoying popup window.
- (2023-04-15) marius silviu stan: Sensational!
- (2023-02-26) Ed Ralston: It does not work on ancestry.com
- (2023-02-20) Argothiel: One of the perfect extensions!
- (2023-02-17) Scott: This does not work for Reddit as a PWA. For whatever reason, click on notifications icon in Reddit opens a tab in a new window... so annoying. I thought this extension would force the opening of the notification in the PWA I have open already.
- (2023-01-06) Suman Saurabh: very handy
- (2023-01-04) Aleksander Fijołek: Very nice extension <3
- (2023-01-01) Rifan Reindika: NICE
- (2022-12-08) Dave Gearing: It was great but now has stopped working, I have the extension turned on but pop ups open in new window. I have toggle the extension off and back on to get it working again. Every time I reboot. Which is a real pain.
- (2022-10-14) zaichi uwu: kalau sebaliknya bisa ga ya ? link biasa jadi popout gitu ?
- (2022-09-26) Eric May: 完美
- (2023-04-12, v:2.3) Dhruv Joshi: Popup-as-tab-extenstion.sergiy.net/installed opening everytime we open the browser
Hello, there is new behaviour after yesterdays update. https://Popup-as-tab-extenstion.sergiy.net/installed opening everytime we open the browser how to stop this? Popup-as-tab-extenstion.sergiy.net/installed opening everytime we open the browser please let me know. thank you
- (2023-03-22, v:2.2) Grzegorz Barański: update chrome
When I update to the latest version of Chrome, the plugin doesn't work
- (2022-10-26, v:2.2) Tim McGrath: Stops Working In Chrome
Greetings.... This has stopped working for some of our users. If they delete it and re-install, the extension works for a few session, then they need to repeat the process.
- (2022-10-13, v:2.2) Kristian Krejberg-Larsen: Extension stopped working
For the past 6 months or so, the extension hasn't worked correctly, unless you disable it and enable it again. It's annoying, but there is this workaround
- (2022-08-20, v:2.2) Scott: PWA links
For my Reddit PWA, I want all links to open in the PWA. Links within comments work, however, links from the icons on the header, ie. Notifications, still open in a tab in a new window.
- (2022-08-04, v:2.2) Steven Gribbin: Works from Google and Bing pages, doesn't from Yahoo
This app opens links in the same tab when clicking links from a search from Google.com or Bing.com. However, when clicking links from a search from Yahoo.com, it opens the links in a new tab. Of course, I prefer Yahoo as my home page so this affects me. I know that it is possible for it to work in Yahoo as I had an older extension (of course, that google removed form extensions) that worked for all search pages. It would be great to if you could make whatever tweak is necessary to solve this issue. Thanks
- (2022-06-16, v:2.2) Dan Lindner: Whitelist feature
Hi, please add a whitelist feature. It's been "coming soon" for eons now.
- (2022-05-26, v:2.2) Derek M: Issue with Service Now
Certain popups on the Service Now website do not work with open link in same tab. It flashes a window and then closes, not opening in a new tab. It would be nice to be able to exclude specific sites or domains from open link in same tab so that I don't have to disable it entirely.
- (2022-02-15, v:2.2) Johnny Pirch: The extension is no longer working.
The extension is no longer working.
- (2021-11-10, v:2.2) john casiotis: exclude website
Could you add an exclude website function?
- (2021-08-24, v:2.2) Elizabeth Darke: Why did this quit working?
This was working great until the end of last week or early this week. Now I have to turn it off and back on each morning to get it to work.
- (2021-07-29, v:2.2) Arden S.: Not working?
Hello. I got really excited this existed as Etsy apparently has this forced setting where any item you click opens a new tab every single time--its made it almost unusable for me and keeps crashing my computer and brain. I thought this would address this (its supposed to stop websites from auto opening new tabs, right?) But its not doing anything. Is this only for intitial pop ups and turning them into tabs? It cant block new tabs from opening from links on sites? Etsy forces a new tab open when you click on a link to a product even just for a sneak peak. Then u end up with 50 tabs just from looking for soemthing, and lose the thing u were looking for. Is this someting the extension is supposed to address? Thanks a lot. I really appreicate it. If I can get this to make etsy usable for me I'll def be donating. thanks
- (2021-07-24, v:2.2) Privacy: The extension is blocked
The extension below is blocked popup-window/nnlippelgfbglbhiccffmnmlnhmbjjpe
- (2021-07-14, v:2.2) Alex Thompson: force open in new tabs instead of reusing existing tabs
There are some cases where the plugin forces the pop-up to open in a new tab, which is perfect. However, when opening multiple pop-ups they all open in the same tab, reusing it, instead of each opening in their own tab. If there is a way you could add the option to force every popup to open in its own individual tab that would be really appreciated.
- (2021-06-02, v:2.2) Zalmen Freund: Open Next to the Current Tab
Hello Thanks for your so beneficial extension. I would like to suggest a upgrade. It would be very beneficial if you can implement that the new pop up tab should always open next to the current tab and not by the end of the tabs Thanks
- (2021-05-07, v:2.2) Darren Munson: Needs to be re-enabled every day
As above, each day when I start up, popups open in a new window, I disable, then re-enable the checkbox, and it works again. Probably due to a Chrome update, but can it be fixed? Thanks.
- (2021-03-10, v:2.2) Matt Frost: Stopped working
No longer works on Windows 10/Edge as of v89.0.774.45
- (2020-11-25, v:2.2) Miroslav Belák: Extension site access feature
Dear developer, First of all, kudos for such much needed extension. Question. In extension settings there is a section called Site access. I had it set to "On all sites", thought the list of sites I would like the extension to run is low, therefore I tried to switch it to "On specific sites", or even to "On click". It appears the the extension ignores this setting. I wonder if this is the extension issue, or rather Chrome issue. For comparison other extensions seem to follow this setting flawlessly. Thank you for you reply!
- (2020-10-19, v:2.2) yrLDtLnt: Ignore list
I need a pop-up window for some websites, please add a list to filter
- (2020-09-25, v:2.2) sunkist paradise: not work on some site
i'm installed this extention to open link/button in new tab, but apparently this extention does not work on some site, for example pahe.ph. when i click the button/link it does not open in new tab as i expected
- (2020-09-18, v:2.2) Yu Cho: Dear developer,
Thank you so much for developed such a wonderful extension. Could you consider to implement whiltelisting function to the next version? Because for some sites I do not want them to be opened as a new tab. e.g. for goole hangouts, if I checked "open pop-ups as a new tabs", then hangouts window can not pop up normally. Please have a look and I am really looking forward to adding whitelist function. Thanks again!
- (2020-07-30, v:2.1) ルミ: デスクトップ通知が来ない
- (2020-06-24, v:2.1) Artemi Lebedev: Pops
How to open popup (i think) windows in SAME tab? For example: https://www.reddit.com/r/kde/
- (2020-05-21, v:2.1) Edward Allisette: Application no longer working
Hi, Not sure what has happened but as of the last week or so the extension now does not do as it is supposed to. I have to manually turn the open in new tabs option off and back on every morning. I have tried re-installing it but it has not fixed the issue. I am assuming others have raised the same thing with you. Thanks Ed
- (2020-04-07, v:2.1) Ehren Dimitry: Edge availability
Can you add this extension to the Edge Library?
- (2020-04-04, v:2.1) Lonfo Sbernecchia: should open tab next to the current one
the extension should open the tab at the right of the current active tab. please can you fix it? thanks.
- (2020-03-19, v:2.1) Kristian Krejberg: Extension stays active even when told not no
I have added this extension, and have only allowed it for one specifik URL Even though it stays active on all websites I have tried to mark that it should only be active if I click on the extension, same issue as above
- (2020-02-29, v:2.1) Jaydeep Thoke: In Chrome I need it to disable and enable once every day once. Then only This works.
Hi, I am using this since last 1 or 2 years in chrome. Works great. But recently In Chrome I need it to disable and enable at least once every day. Then only This works. Please look in to this issue and solve it. I want to work with you guys to solve this let me know if you need more info on it.
- (2020-02-28, v:2.1) Ravinder Yadav: addon is not working in opera browser
addon is not working in opera browser
- (2020-02-07, v:2.1) Artemi Lebedev: Evernote
Some problems with evernote clipper - cannot auth in evernote
- (2020-01-10, v:2.1) Yod Samuel Martín: Extensions do not open on a new window
Although in theory "Chrome extensions are not blocked", they are indeed in practice since Chrome 79. When I click on the extension button (in particular, Tabs Outliner), the extension window flickers and then it opens on a new tab of the current window.
- (2020-01-08, v:2.1) Michael Long: tabs
chrome and tabs not responding. drive disabled. tabs not acting right.
- (2019-12-19, v:2.1) Scott Comstock: Chrome 79 and this extension blocks Google Hangout extension from opening
Starting with chrome version 79.0.3945.79 the floating google hangouts window won't open. The browser just flashes as if a popup window was blocked. If I disable "Open link in same tab, pop-up as tab" then the Google Hangout window will open. For my users this just started with Chrome 79 on both mac and windows versions of the browser.
- (2019-12-17, v:2.1) Dave Stout: Blocks Hangouts Extension From Opening
Now that Google has switched Hangouts to an extension instead of app, I cannot open Hangouts with "Open link in same tab" enabled. If I disable it, then click Hangouts it opens. Please have an ability to white/blacklist Hangouts so it can function properly. Thanks.
- (2019-10-26, v:2.1) צבי דראך: modelism/טיסנאות
לפרסם חוגי טיסנאות ובניית מודלים
- (2019-10-07, v:2.1) Judy Waybright: Chrome TAB extension DOES NOT WORK
I see folks are saying extension does not work just like me...however I am not seeing where anyone is responding or assisting with the issue. The extension is not fully functioning...whomever is able needs to fix it so that it actually does work... Please assist and advise as to why it is not working and what we need to do to get it to work.....
- (2019-09-18, v:2.1) Judy Waybright: same tab link does NOT work
works once but if you go out and come back it doesn't...
- (2019-09-13, v:2.1) Engin Rençber: It's not working
This extensiion is not working
- (2019-09-12, v:2.1) Engin Rençber: It's not downloading
It's not downloading
- (2019-07-15, v:2.1) Diana Gonzalez: Profile Update
I AM A FIVE STAR WOMAN OF GOD
- (2019-04-05, v:2.1) Eric Miletich: extension control from google admin
We would like to push this extension out through google admin but global control the options so we can disable the reuse tab function. Is there a way to do so?
- (2019-03-01, v:2.1) Brenda Sloan: httpitunes
cant connect itunes because im locked out of my iphone 6 plus
- (2019-02-01, v:2.1) Katherin Morris: Reset every morning - Open pop-ups as a new tabs (Chrome extensions are not blocked)
For the last month or so I have to reset the "Open pop-ups as a new tabs (Chrome extensions are not blocked)" every morning because it stops working. Help Please.
- (2018-09-23, v:2.1) Susan Janeczek: need help with tool
How do you set this tool up so that when I click on a link in one system, it shows up in the same tab each time? Currently, every time I click on a linkedin URL in a record, it keeps opening a new tab. I thought this tool could be set up so that that linkedin URLs all open in the same tab? Is this possible? Can you help?