New tabs open immediately instead of in the background.
*** Concerns Regarding Required Permissions *** Please read the detailed description (below) of required permissions and why they are necessary. Without them, Tab Activate could not work as described. Absolutely no data is changed or collected. ---------------------------------------- When you open a link in a new tab, Chrome opens the new tab in the background and provides no option to switch to it immediately. With Tab Activate, new tabs open immediately instead of in the background. To override Tab Activate and open a new tab in the background, press the Shift key while opening the new tab. Note: Override does not work for bookmarks. Tab Activate effectively reverses Chrome's new tab focus behavior. In other browsers this setting is called "When you open a link in a new tab, switch to it immediately." ---------------------------------------- Required Permissions Read and change your bookmarks: Required to activate bookmarked tabs (bookmarks are only read, not changed) Read and change all your data on the websites you visit: Required to detect when the Shift key is pressed (no other website data is accessed) Due to limitations in the Chrome extension API, the only way to detect if the Shift key is being pressed or if a new tab's URL is bookmarked is with the required permissions. Absolutely no data is changed or collected. ---------------------------------------- Changes Version 2.1.0 Fixed issues created by Chrome 79 extension API changes. New icon. Version 2.0.0 As requested, bookmarks are now supported. Version 1.2.0: New tab positions better match Chrome's behavior. New active tabs open to the right of the previous tab and new background tabs open at the end. Version 1.1.0: Shift key overrides Tab Activate and opens new tabs in the background. Version 1.0.0: Initial release.
- (2020-01-06) Gilu F.: Works for normal links. However, it does not work for bookmarks in toolbar.
- (2020-01-01) UU Bz: 谢谢作者更新 Thanks the author for the update
- (2020-01-01) Luuk De Vries: It works again. Thank you very much.
- (2019-12-30) Gary Will: Awesome! Great to have this back again after Google made changes to Chrome that stopped Tab Activate from working. Working great again!
- (2019-12-26) ZERO: chrome内核79的edge下，插件不生效
- (2019-12-25) Pete Athoe: I use tab activate all the time. Recently it stopped activating new tabs when I select a link from my favorites in chrome. It works from a web page just fine but won't activate a link from the bookmark tabs. Very frustrating. Why did it change?
- (2019-12-19) Joseph Morlan: This extension worked fine until the latest Chrome update. It still works on links, but it does not work as expected on bookmarks. The author has been notified, but has not yet come up with a fix. Frustrated I found an alternative that does not have this problem. Tabs to Front v2 Offered by: dougcuk42
- (2019-12-16) Paul D: It just stopped working today. Will leave installed for a day or two and see if it regains function, otherwise will switch to one of the similar apps.
- (2019-12-14) carsten e: I was happy to use it for a year or so. But now it stopped working (12-2019). Such a shame to have to find another one of these.
- (2019-12-13) D Wainio: It use to work great before the chrome 79 update. Unfortunately, now it's broken. Please fix it Google!
- (2019-12-13) john maletic: No longer works in Chrome 79. Pitty.
- (2019-12-13) Gary Quiring: Since Chrome v79 release this no longer works. And I noticed the last update to this extension was 2015, so it looks like abandon-ware.
- (2019-12-12) Jesus Says: Not working in Version Chrome 79.0.3945.79 (Official Build) (64-bit). Is this going to be fixed?
- (2019-12-11) Michael Levin: On one PC it works as advertised. [When I click the wheel on a bookmark, it opens a new tab and jumps to that tab.] But on my laptop it stopped working. Reinstall did not fix it. Reinstall Chrome did not fix it. Now if I click the wheel on a bookmark while pressing shift, the desired behavior works. If I don't press shift, I get the new tab, but have to select it.
- (2019-12-05) Jim Robinson: So far, so good after a few days of use; Tab Activate works as advertised on Google Chrome version 78.0.3904.108 (Official Build) (64-bit); it even works with bookmarks via the Neater Bookmarks extension.
- (2019-11-22) Ronald Ramakers: I lov(ED) it. Unfortunately, recently it doesn't work anymore. It's activated but for some unclear reason when I click with my right mouse button on a bookmark and select 'Open in new tab' it only opens the bookmark in a new tab but doesn't go automatically to that new tab anymore. Hence, each time I have to click on the new tab to open the bookmark site. So, there's no difference anymore with or without 'Tab activate'. I use Google Chrome Version 79.0.3945.36 (Official Build) beta (64-bit). When I read the positive comments it seems that nobody has this problem. So, it must be a problem with my version of Google Chrome. Anybody an idea how I can solve this problem; so, I can use Tab Activate as before?
- (2019-11-18) le zou: 按ctrl链接跳转新标签页，按shift跳转新后台，比右键选择还是要方便点
- (2019-11-06) 王雪涵: 失效
- (2019-10-31) Kuteiba Al-imami: Please update. The bookmarks page sometimes opens in the background. Other than this issue the add-on is very useful to me.
- (2019-10-21) Kelvin Lincoln: 失效了。还是需要按住cmd点击才可以在新tab页打开链接
- (2019-09-25) Tom Zane: Thank you thank you for creating this simple but very useful app, I love it. Of course it wouldn't be necessary if Google would just build the option into Chrome like most other browsers do.
- (2019-09-17) Don Lund: I absolutely love this extension. I don't know why this isn't the default behavior when you click on a link, or at least a configurable option. When I click on a link it's because I want to see the content, not load it in the background!
- (2019-08-15) Sergio Jetro: После первого запуска браузера, открывается страница по умолчанию, которая больше всего нравится этому разширению, а нужно чтоб оно игнорировало этот момент, а что если у меня 100 вкладок, и я сейчас на 73, а ЭТО разширение все время открывает 52 вкладку... Нужно фиксить это, чего ждем ?
- (2019-07-25) ĐẠI BI: Xin hướng dẫn cách đăng nhập vào tài khoản CrytoTab - của tôi Link= https://get.cryptobrowser.site/7287381
- (2019-07-25) So Le Van: Xin hướng dẫn cách phục hồi tài khoản CrytoTab - Link mời Bạn bè của tôi https://get.cryptobrowser.site/7287381
- (2019-12-27, v:2.0.2) graphicjazz: Not working anymore
To all who are having an issue with this extension no longer working with bookmarks I would suggest using a different extension. This extension hasn't been updated since 2015 and it has been 3 months since this problem has appeared without any feedback from the developer. It would be better to move on to something else than be frustrated with this outdated extension.
- (2019-12-24, v:2.0.2) Vincent van der Tuin: No longer activates bookmarks
When I middle-click a bookmark from the bookmark bar, it used to activate the opened tab, but this no longer works. It still works for links opened from pages. Using Chrome version 79.0.3945.88 (Official Build) (64-bit).
- (2019-12-23, v:2.0.2) Максим Беляев: Перестало
Перестало автоматически переключаться на новую страницу!
- (2019-12-23, v:2.0.2) Albert Kagarmanov: Help
Please adjust the opening of links from the bookmarks bar with the middle mouse button (scrolling).
- (2019-12-23, v:2.0.2) Andrew Livsey: Tab Activate
This extension has stopped working.
- (2019-12-20, v:2.0.2) Lex Peek: Does not work after update Chrome
Updated to Versie 79.0.3945.88 (Officiële build) (64-bits). Extention stop working. Please make it work again. Regards
- (2019-12-20, v:2.0.2) Albert Kagarmanov: Clicking on a scroll not working
Clicking on a scroll to open a new tab now does not work. Will you fix it?
- (2019-12-19, v:2.0.2) Ken Miller: No longer working
As so many people have posted on here the extension no longer works with some Windows 7 Chrome upgrade that I did not even ask for. This is a huge headache for me. Please fix!!
- (2019-12-18, v:2.0.2) wisdotpubeditor: Tab Activate no longer working like it should, Tabs opening in the background
All new tabs open in the background and I have to click on them to make them the current tab and to work in them. I am running PC, Windows 10, Google Chrome Version 79.0.3945.79 (Official Build) (64-bit)
- (2019-12-18, v:2.0.2) aaarwin: Tab activate malfuncion
Tab activate stopped working since a few days, after working just fine for several years.
- (2019-12-16, v:2.0.2) Dylan Rook: Tab Activate
Tab Activate is no longer working.
- (2019-12-15, v:2.0.2) Joseph Morlan: Not working now.
No longer works on bookmarks with latest Chrome. Any chance of a fix? Thanks.
- (2019-12-15, v:2.0.2) RomoDrummer: Not working on Chrome Version 79.0.3945.79
Not working on Chrome Version 79.0.3945.79.. Please fix it!
- (2019-12-14, v:2.0.2) Peter Rice: Sudden failure with latest Chrome version
Tab Activate extension no longer works properly in Chrome 79.0.3945.79 when opening bookmarks. Still works OK with embedded links. Have also reported to Chrome feedback.
- (2019-12-12, v:2.0.2) Luuk De Vries: Werking gestopt
Sinds update chrome 79.0.3945.79 werkt Tab Active niet meer.
- (2019-12-11, v:2.0.2) Todd Gums: Stopped working with Chrome Version 79.0.3945.79
Quit working as of December 11, 2019 with update to Version 79.0.3945.79
- (2019-12-11, v:2.0.2) Gary Quiring: No longer works with Chrome 79.0.3945.79
I upgraded my Chrome browser today on Win 10 and it no longer works.
- (2019-12-10, v:2.0.2) Wayne Rush: Tab Activate no longer works.
After the latest download and installation of Windows Update for Windows 7, Tab Activate for Google Chrome no longer works. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Google Chrome as well as uninstalling and reinstalling Tab Activate to no avail. It no longer works.
- (2019-11-28, v:2.0.2) robert wood: please fix
stopped working, using Google Chrome Version 79.0.3945.16 (Official Build) (64-bit)
- (2019-09-30, v:2.0.2) Toby Erkson: Is this free for commercial use?
The company I work for needs to know if this is free for commercial use before they will whitelist it.
- (2019-03-06, v:2.0.2) Gm Dell: as of day 2 doesn't work
Hi, it worked great, only for 1 day. Any idea?
- (2018-12-07, v:2.0.2) carsten e: your extension needs too much access for what it does
Why does your extension need to read and alter my bookmarks and browserdata? Just to set focus on the new tab?
- (2018-11-26, v:2.0.2) Spelunker: Tab Activate
Unable to open options, greyed out from the menu.
- (2018-10-22, v:2.0.2) মতিয়ার রহমান: motiar
- (2018-09-05, v:2.0.2) Please also
activate tabs opened from One Tab.