Control the aesthetics and improve the navigability of HTML ietf.org RFC and Draft docs. Optional automatic redirects from TXT docs.
- (2019-06-08) Kia Panahi Rad: Nice minimal tool. Good job 👍
- (2019-05-06) Xuan k: It's so great
- (2018-09-15) Rahul Sundaresan: Does a great job in making RFCs more readable
- (2018-07-13) Rick Bowen: Exactly what I was looking for. Works perfectly, very easy to use out of the box. Thank you!!
- (2017-09-12) Grey Li: Thanks!
- (2017-06-02) Micah Lyle: Awesome thanks!!
- (2016-10-16) ruben klink: Makes it much easier to read RFC's, just plain simple.
- (2015-11-05) Thanks. I want to change the background color, is that possible?
- (2015-02-10) Bouni: I would like to be able to modify the CSS to my personal needs. Is that possible? I don't like that it just uses the center 50% of my screen but with some modification definitely a great extension!
- (2015-01-21) Sakthi Kumar Chandrabose: reading RFC turns cool :P
- (2014-05-06) Mike Sergio: A very nice way to read what otherwise would be hard to quickly parse by eye. One request, is it possible to add an option to remove the header and footers (gray spans) on each page? That way, it looks like your reading something that was meant for web rather than to be published on paper?
- (2014-04-24) Ted Feng: Great extension.
- (2014-01-22) Alek Ratzloff: Very nice way to prettify RFC. Keep up the good work.
- (2019-02-20, v:2.2) Sakthi Kumar Chandrabose: extension not working anymore
Hi, have been using this extension for more than 4 years now but now the extension has stopped working it is not re-aligning the rfc anymore. Can you please check.I tried uninstalling & reinstalling the extension clear the cache of the browser. Google chrome version - Version 72.0.3626.109 (Official Build) (64-bit) RFCRestyle version - 2.2. Please let me know if you need anymore issue for debugging. Thanks!
- (2019-02-16, v:2.2) Rahul Sundaresan: The extention does not navigate properly to a html page fragment
Hello, When you visit a fragment of the RFC (section 4.6.2 in this case), https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4861#section-4.6.2, the extension takes you to a different part of the document. Chrome takes you to the correct fragment when not in restyle mode Thanks for the great extension
- (2019-02-13, v:2.2) Izzy LeBlanc: Question on how the extension is used.
Hello. I just downloaded the extension and was wondering if there is anything I need to do to use the extension. It doesn't automatically restyle the rfcs I tested it on (https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5234, https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8341), so I was wondering if there is anything I need to click or press to activate it. Clicking on the extension icon shows a menu with everything unchecked and the colors are all black. Clicking any of the checkboxes including 'restyle' doesn't do anything either, and they will all be unchecked and colors reverted to black once the close button is clicked on. Thank you in advance.
- (2018-11-07, v:22.214.171.124) tuesday salami: Display problem This pop-up
Display problem This pop-up includes all the controls for setting
- (2018-09-15, v:126.96.36.199) Rahul Sundaresan: RFCRestyle for IETF BCP
Hi dev, The best current practices series of documents in the IETF have a similar format as RFC. They are not restyled and the option is greyed out. Example: https://tools.ietf.org/html/bcp14 https://tools.ietf.org/html/bcp13 Thanks for the great extension
- (2018-07-17, v:188.8.131.52) RFC 2119 is not restyled
https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2119.txt is not restyled for some reason. Reinstalling the extension didn't help.
- (2018-06-27, v:184.108.40.206) Sakthi Kumar Chandrabose: restyler for 3gpp
thanks a lot for this awesome plugin have been using it for the past few years and it is ONE of a kind. Lightweight & feature rich. Mean while I am wondering if you can do such restyler for 3gpp related documents. http://www.3gpp.org/
- (2018-06-01, v:220.127.116.11) Rahul Sundaresan: Hovering introduction for linked RFCs
Whenever RFCs refer to another RFCs, could a hovering tooltip be added to display the Introduction of the linked RFC? Kind of like what wikipedia does when you hover over a wikipedia link in a wiki article
- (2018-01-23, v:18.104.22.168) 程帅: open source
hi, thanks for the awesome extension. Do you have ever consider that open the source and make more users take part in this project?
- (2017-08-09, v:22.214.171.124) Kim Hermansson: Opening and closing tags not escaped after formatting
When loading an RFC with "Restyle on page load?" activated there seem to be a problem related to content formatted as "<..>". After formatting Chrome will interpret that text as HTML elements and they will not be visible. SIP examples in RFCs loses alot of visual header information this way and you are required to either view the text version of the RFC or the source of the HTML. Example: https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3325#section-10 The INVITE message (F1) has an empty "To" header (which is really bad in SIP terms). I did not have this issue before. Thanks
- (2015-01-21, v:126.96.36.199) Sakthi Kumar Chandrabose: your todo list
In the "Redirect to HTML option" you have replied back saying you have a big TODO list can I know what are all the features in your list. I could implement few for you...