Find and navigate to an opened tab
Do you have too many opened tabs in your browser? Do you have too many windows opened in your browser? Tab Finder - by floverdevel is your friend. It displays the list of currently opened tabs, even those in others windows, even those in Incognito Mode if you allow the extension to run in Incognito Mode (look for the «Allow in incognito» checkbox in your browser's extensions list «chrome://extensions/»). It filters the list by searching by tab's title and/or tab's URL. It navigates to the selected tab (select a tab by clicking on it or using the arrows keys then the Enter key), and brings its containing window to the foreground. It can create a new tab in current window (or in a new window using the shift key). If your search looks like a valid URL, the new tab will navigate to this URL, otherwise the new tab will trigger a Google search. Don't forget to rate and leave me a comment if you like and/or hate this extension. # Change Log All notable changes to this project will be documented in this file. This project adheres to [Semantic Versioning](http://semver.org/). ## coming soon - display pinned tabs on top of list - new icon for dark mode ## 1.0.0 2020-11-15 - Initial public release on Github.com - add a default shortcut to activate the extension (Ctrl+Space) ## 0.5.3 2017-11-28 - fix "new tab" text was not readable ## 0.5.2 2017-11-28 - fix highlighted text was not aligned vertically ## 0.5.1 2017-11-27 - fix text overlapping when title or url are too long - fix search input placeholder text ## 0.5.0 2017-11-23 - close a tab _(pro tip : you can do it with middle-click too)_ - about version is displayed at the bottom of popup ## 0.4.0 2017-10-26 - ESC key closes the popup - minor bugfix and optimization ## 0.3.9.2 2016-02-17 - set the manifest's minimum_chrome_version to 27.0.1453.110 so the extension can be install on older browser via the google chrome webstore ## 0.3.9.1 2016-02-17 - fix a crash on older chrome version (tested on my chrome version 27.0.1453.110). Google Chrome webstore will not let you install but if install from source, this will help you :) ## 0.3.9 2016-02-15 - fix a crash when trying to render muted state on chrome version 45 or less ## 0.3.8 2016-01-25 - fix the behavior of the (new tab) when an empty string was supplied ## 0.3.7 2015-11-25 - fix rendering of google chrome internals urls's favicon (chrome://*) ## 0.3.6 2015-11-16 - adjust manifest file to enable packaging into chrome webstore ## 0.3.5 2015-11-16 - move README file into src folder to enable packaging into chrome webstore ## 0.3.4 2015-11-16 - added tooltip text ## 0.3.3 2015-11-02 - incognito, audible, muted and pinned icons are always display ## 0.3.2 2015-10-30 - add more icons for audible, muted, pinned ## 0.3.1 2015-10-30 - remove specials chars (thanks to @pascal_laporte) ## 0.3 2015-10-30 - icon to show if a tab is incognito - more icons for chrome urls ## 0.2 2015-10-06 - hold the shift key to open in new window instead of a new tab ## 0.1 ### initial version 2015-09-28 - do not search for text that looks like an uri, open them directly - trigger a google search when no tab are found - option to create a new tab - highlight text in element - favicon for special google chrome internals urls - display favicon and url
- (2020-11-16) Abdulrazzak Fallaha: I think people need to be aware that this app exists! it's really helpful. It doesn't just show you where the app that you're looking for is, but it also helps you find that annoying hidden tab that's playing something in the background and close it.
- (2019-12-12) Ilya Volvovski: This is a great tool, saves me from going crazy searching for tabs I need. I am not afraid anymore to go from one workspace to another. Thanks a lot! My suggestions: ability to save the tab state such that you could restore let's say after reboot or when you have too many tabs opened and would like to go back to a sane state. Even better to have several named instances.
- (2019-11-18) Mark Almquist: An extremely useful extension delivered in a simple-to-use package! Many thanks!
- (2019-01-08) Johny Why: Works. Love how tiny. But would be better if could limit to current window vs all windows. Also would be better if it opened a bit faster. Thx!
- (2018-12-02) Winter Silence: Very nice plugin. My only one concern is, the default extension icon looks not so nice with dark chrome themes.
- (2018-11-12) Thomas Fortier: Super simple avec les shortcuts! Merci!
- (2018-05-02) Fernando Margueirat: With 100+ tabs opened, I always have a hard time finding the one I want to check. This extension does exactly that and works flawlessly.
- (2018-02-04) Timothy David GILL: Wonderful, and your comments in Support tab made me aware of the Chrome mechanism to add my own chosen keyboard shortcut to extension. Many thanks.
- (2017-12-21) Bayview BOOM: One of the top extensions ever. Fantastic features AND lightweight.
- (2017-04-27) Muneeb Master: Works great! Needed a restart of Chrome before the search bar showed up though. Initially I thought it wasn't working at all and gave it a 1 star review but it started working after Chrome restart.
- (2017-02-16) Tristan Michael: I *want* to love this extension. It DOES allow me to find tabs across multiple windows - it just won't let me click on a tab to activate it. (Some of them work. Most don't.)
- (2016-09-23) Chris Fleeman: This is exactly what I've been looking for! One one machine, I have over 650 open tabs (mostly because I lose track of what I have open), so I'm hoping this will help me whittle those down significantly.
- (2016-05-16) Tony Contreras: Perfect! thank you
- (2016-01-26) Jean-Francois Tellier: Very good addon, easy to use!
- (2018-09-18, v:0.5.3) Rainbow Warrior Princess: Suggestion
Option to only show tabs of active window. Show tab count of active window / all windows in icon.
- (2018-07-17, v:0.5.3) Vinny Palese: search box disappears
I've only had this extension about a week and so far I am totally loving it. I have discovered one problem that I'm hoping can be fixed (ie. it's not inherent with the browser and extensions). I set up a keyboard shortcut of Alt+Shift+T to activate this extension so all I have to do is Alt+Shift+T and start typing my search string. I noticed that sometimes, tho not always, while typing the search string, the extension would deactivate and it always seemed to deactivate on the same letter if I immediately tried it again, ie. if my search string was "gmail", it would deactivate when I got to the 4th letter, "i". Took me a few times but I'm pretty sure it has to do with the mouse position with respect to the search results box. The search box can/will dynamically change in width and height depending on what you type and what it finds. If the mouse position is either always outside or always inside of the search results box as it dynamically changes as you type, everything is fine. But if the mouse position starts inside the search results box and then as you type the box shrinks to a position that no longer contains the mouse position, deactivation occurs and you have to start over. Seems like a simple fix would be to not change the size of the search box but maybe there's some API magic wrt the mouse and deactivation? This hasn't happened very often so far, but when it does, it's a little annoying and forces me to move my mouse position "out of the way". I'm all about keeping my hands on the keyboard as much as possible as the mouse just slows me down (I'm a lifelong *nix user/admin - go figure! ;-). This extension is now saving me a whole lotta mouse work which I *love*. Fixing this would save me even more of that hassle. Thanks for your hard work on this extension! -vinny
- (2018-05-10, v:0.5.3) Xavier Paredes: Not working properly
I love this extension and it has been working great for several months (perhaps more than a year). However, today when I click on it, I only see a very small box. See screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ixvikavn5c883yb/2018-05-10_14-35-31.jpeg?dl=0 Any Idea what's happening? Thanks!
- (2016-04-08, v:0.3.9.2) Is there a keyboard shortcut to bring the search box
Would be great to do ⌘-p to bring up the search
- (2016-02-13, v:0.3.8) Great add-on...
...for us lazy tab add-onners... :) Would love a customizable keystroke to invoke. Great work...