NOTE: This extension does not work on Macs (I don't have a Mac and never tested it on a Mac. Maybe sometime in the future!) With…
NOTE: This extension does not work on Macs (I don't have a Mac and never tested it on a Mac. Maybe sometime in the future!) With very simple key strokes, Tab Shifter (and Window Mover) allows you to move the active tab left/right, and pin/unpin. It also optionally allows you to maximize and shrink your chrome screen, move tabs between screens, and move windows between monitors - all with just the keyboard! Main Controls: Ctrl+left/right (arrows): moves active tab let/right Ctrl+up (arrows): pins/unpins active tab Optional Controls (toggled in Options page): Move current window between monitors: Ctrl+Shift+[ or ] Maximize or shrink active window: Ctrl+Shift+' or/ Bring current tab to its own window: Ctrl+Shift+Space Bring current tab to another window (if available): Ctrl+Shift+Down (Controls are disabled while typing in text box to preserve text editing controls, can be enabled through settings) Have lots of tabs open, and want to quickly (without the mouse) move one tab to be next to another? Want to pin an important tab almost instantly? Want to divide your tabs between work and play with a simple keystroke, or put away a current tab for later reading? Want to move your window between your external monitors, with simple keystrokes? If you answered yes, Tab Shifter (and Window Mover) is the extension for you (I created it based on my needs to save me time moving between mouse and keyboard, and want to share). Please comment or e-mail me with any feedback - ([email protected]) GitHub Repo: https://github.com/alexbudy/tab_shifter (To access the options page, go to (chrome://extensions/) and click Options next to the extension! CHANGELOG: Version 1.12 - Added a bunch more controls, for moving tabs between windows and moving windows between monitors Version 1.10 - Settings synced for user Version 1.8 - Options now allow user to keep focus when pinning a tab Version 1.7 - Added setting for disabling controls whilst cursor in a textbox (on by default) Thank you Jessica Chang for the graphic design! Find her work here: www.jessmchang.com Find more of my work at www.AlexBudilovsky.com
- (2018-12-19) Anthony Keydel: Doesn't seem to work right now :/ to github I go
- (2018-04-10) Larry Merkle: Had no effect on my Ubuntu machine.
- (2017-06-26) Mlow44: Almost exactly what I've been looking for since I started using a second monitor. Only thing it's missing seems to be the ability to customize the shortcuts.
- (2017-02-01) Nathan Ward: Doesn't work on Mac
- (2017-02-01) Nathan Rightnour: Great concept, but doesn't work at all on Mac?
- (2017-01-19) Rebecca White: + Can move tabs between existing Chrome windows while keeping focus - Keyboard shortcuts cannot be customized
- (2016-09-19) Mauricio Lorenzetti Bezerra: Great extension! Request: Could Ctrl+Left/Right work repeatedly when shortcut is pressed and held instead of having to press several times the same keys to reorder tabs? [EDIT] Feature request: disable extension in some domains, apparently it doesn't works on http://web.whatsapp.com and a couple more sites and the easiest way to at least contour is this one.
- (2016-02-07) KilliK 69: Request: is it possible to implement the ability to move the active tab to the beginning or to the end of the tab bar?
- (2014-08-13) Karl Gingerich: Doesn't work at all on a Chromebook?
- (2014-02-24) void: Nice, simple and incredibly satisfying to use. Thanks!
- (2013-07-23) Guy Moshe: Doesn't make sense to pin by ctrl+up and unpin by ctrl+down, should probably be the same combination for doing both (like a pause button in a music player). Works great other than that!