Select a word or two, click the icon in the toolbar, learn something new.
WARNING: Wikipedia Lookup doesn't work on pages opened before the installation. Select the word(s) you want to look up on Wikipedia, and click the icon in the toolbar. By default, Wikipedia Lookup auto-detects the language of the page and loads the corresponding version of Wikipedia. You can turn this feature off in the options. Inside the popup click the green corner to open the full version of Wikipedia in a new tab. It will load the first url you visited. It's a bug but I can't easily fix it. To access the options, right-click the icon. You can assign a keyboard shortcut to Wikipedia Lookup: chrome://extensions/shortcuts Open-source: https://github.com/djrekca/Wikipedia-Lookup---Browser-Action
- (2021-02-24) Adrian Szostek: Neat
- (2021-02-24) Amit Kerub: Amazing, Thank you.
- (2021-02-11) David Howie: The best Edit: 2 years later, still perfect.
- (2019-10-18) Markus Hofbauer: Top extension. Makes my live easyer. Thanks.
- (2019-09-28) Alcatraz 98: please make it pop up please
- (2019-03-14) Nick Sedillos: A keyboard shortcut or context menu option would be easier to use than the button, which requires a lot of moving the cursor back and forth. The popup also closes as soon as you click outside of it, which makes switching back and forth awkward. Finally, the text inside the popup is full sized, which limits the amount of information you can quickly scan without scrolling. I found this extension less useful than simply opening a new tab.
- (2018-02-08) Jan De Haes: Best wikipedia chrome extension hands down.
- (2018-01-20) Rajesh Paramanandam: this is too good and i would even recommend you to make another similar product like this for Google search lookup -browser action or u can include the same in this extention
- (2016-08-11) ВАСЯ пупкин: Срочно нужно интегрировать в контекстное меню или сделать всплывающую кнопку при выделении текста! А само окошко разместить в центре экрана и не такое большое. Спасибо!
- (2016-01-26) JuanI ChonI: GENIAL. Estuve un rato buscando algo asi. gracias.
- (2013-11-05) Kody Koch: This is pure genius.
- (2011-11-05) Jack Cunliffe: Just cos there are only a few user that have this doesn't mean it's not the best thing available. I actually got the developer to put it back up after he deleted it, or updated to a slightly different spec. it works perfectly, and is super useful.
- (2022-01-16, v:1.3.9) David Meikle: www.wikiwand.com refused to connect.
Hello, I am a first time user, trying to run the extension. The extension loads up good until I click a link on it or make a search, which always result in this error message: "www.wikiwand.com refused to connect." Any suggestion? Thank you!
- (2021-02-24, v:1.3.9) Adrian Szostek: Extension's icon visibility
Hey, can You make that Wikipedia icon on extensions bar more visible in Chrome dark theme?
- (2017-06-06, v:1.3.9) Scott Faherty: Chrome Version 58.0.3029.110 (64-bit)
On windows 7. No matter what I try, changes to pixel height and width don't take.