Toggles between the last two active tabs using a global hotkey.
ToggleTab lets you toggle back and forth between the two most recently selected tabs using a global hotkey. The hotkey is configurable and will work even when chrome doesn't have focus. This is ideal for gamers, researchers, developers and anyone else who needs to switch tabs in their browser without leaving the application they're working in. HOW IT WORKS ToggleTab remembers the order in which you selected, opened and deleted tabs using its "Tab History". If you're toggling between two tabs and decide to close one of them, the next most recent tab in the tab history will begin toggling instead. By default, the global hotkey to toggle is Ctrl+Shift+1 on Windows and Cmd+Shift+1 on OSX. This should be comfortable to press with just your left hand. See the "Configuration" section below to learn how to configure the hotkey. The tab history can be locked allowing you to temporarily check other tabs without interfering with the order of your tab history or which tabs will toggle. Locking can be easily enabled and disabled by clicking the ToggleTab icon in the Chrome toolbar. CONFIGURATION The ToggleTab options can be reached by right-clicking the ToggleTab icon in the Chrome toolbar then clicking "Options" from the menu. From the Options page you can view the entire tab history. Individual tab history items can be removed by checking them and clicking "Delete Selected" at the bottom of the list. Deleting items from the tab history will NOT close their respective tabs. However, closing tabs will remove them from the tab history. The global hotkey can be configured by clicking the "Configure Hotkeys" button on the Options page. VERSIONS 1.0.1 - Improved persistence between browser sessions 1.0.0 - Initial version with tab history, locking and a global hotkey.
- (2019-08-10) Amit Tanajirao Patil: it's ok chrome extension but it's missing another feature, i.e when the user opens the hyperlink in new tab then the currently focused tab and newly created tab should be the most recent tabs for toggling purpose! For that i have developed this missing feature in my chrome-extension please use the below chrome web store link to install on your chrome browser.... https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/toggle-tabs-search-tab-mi/aogpjdlkoflimpajengbhfeokedeccog
- (2019-06-27) Йожик Веда: то что нужно без лишнего :)
- (2019-01-31) Fung Srivong: Doesn't work anymore! Change it to Toggle Tabs - Offered by: Danil Chekalin
- (2018-03-21) Rahul Ahuja: Finally! A big thanks to developers.
- (2017-08-14) Brian Johnson: Doesn't work at all. I've set the Global hotkey a couple of times but still no luck...
- (2017-05-21) Ricardo Zea: Didn't work. I lock it and it only switches back to the last tab, but it doesn't go back to the other tab I want.
- (2017-02-22) Nathi Nonthasen: the best!
- (2017-02-08) Micke Rosquist: Very useful, however not useful since it only supports having one chrome window open. Please add functionality to support multiple open chrome windows
- (2017-01-22) Кирилл П: Работает!
- (2017-01-01) Jack Chan: It works! I can toggle between tabs now, which is a huge boost to productivity.
- (2016-06-13) Ian Zamojc: I use this every day to switch between my work tabs and video/music tabs I use as background.
- (2016-06-12) Enrico Sacchetti: Zamtastic! I can switch between 2 tabs now without having to stretch my fingers across the number keys now!
- (2017-01-16, v:1.0.1) Stops working when there are more than one windows
I use OSX Sierra. When there is only one chrome window open, the extension works fine, but when there are more than one, the extension does not work.