Update your bookmarks with website descriptions.
Bookmark Refresh lets you to update your bookmarks with website descriptions. This is useful when using the address bar -- typing a part of a website's description recommends the bookmark. # Usage Open the extension and click Start. It will proceed to load your bookmarks and start the update.
- (2019-11-08) Scott Nguyen: Very Nice,
- (2019-10-22) Jesse Gardner: It's useful enough, and does what it says it's supposed to do. It actually does fetch the title, but ALSO appends the description in parentheses when one is available. That looks a little unusual, but is actually somewhat useful for overcoming certain kinds of accessibility concerns. What I do wish, though, is that instead of tallying the bookmarks (as updated, up to date, failed or skipped) it would at least tell me *which ones* failed or were skipped so I can manually update those few.
- (2019-10-22) Tony Sodari: I was hoping it would fetch the title of the page, but that's not what it does. It literally fetches the page description, apparently. I was hoping to turn a bunch of youtube bookmarks without titles into properly titled bookmarks based on the title of the video, which also displays as the page title when the page is loaded. INstead they all say "YouTube (Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.)". If there were an option to change that behaviour, it's be 5/5. Guess I'm looking for a different solution.
- (2018-12-16) Sadettin Kirazci: I was looking for an extension like this one. It seems to be working BUT for some non-English sites the names are not being updated correctly. So If you are updating (for example bookmarks with Turkish names) be aware of the limitation.
- (2018-10-15) Koen De Jaeger: Nice, just what I was looking for.
- (2018-09-24) Anton Gruba: Some existing names it changed to longer names which is kind of ok. Other existing ones it changed to strange characters, so now i have to go through them all by hand and fix. But the main fail is that not one nameless entry i wanted to complete had been completed. They all remained unchanged.
- (2018-08-27) shafiq ahamed: Super!!!
- (2018-08-27) Bard Wheelo: Nice!