This extension annotates all Chinese text on a page.
Add pinyin annotation to Chinese web pages.
- (2021-03-27) Enopoletus Harding: Breaks webpages, but good dictionary and word-by-word annotations. Wish there was an option to disable automatic translation and so that it doesn't break webpages.
- (2020-12-21) MELT UP: I loved it, but I don't like how it keeps converting traditional characters to simplified ones. Can you guys fix the extension so that it doesn't simplify traditional text? Update: The extension no longer works. Please fix it as soon as possible.
- (2020-12-11) Jeslyn: it's really good, i very like it.. but why i can't use it now?? is it error?? please fix it..
- (2020-12-06) Sophie Ruan: This is amazing! It not only provides the pinyin along with keeping the characters on the page, it also provides the English translation! This will make learning Chinese a lot easier. Thank you!!!
- (2020-10-03) Oscar Wang: I used this extension on https://cread.cp-edu.com I turned it on, and all the Chinese characters turned to pinyin. There was no off button in the extension. There is only a add pinyin button. Now I can't use this website normally because it won't revert back to normal Chinese. I tried deleting this extension but it still didn't fix the website. Please help.
- (2020-06-30) Михаил К: the single best pinyin soft i've ever tried 0_o it does indeed finally make Chinese readable. adds pinyin to texts of any volume. normal tone marks and not some stupid numbers. separates words and does not turn Chinese into a string of incomprehensible syllables like many other apps do. it even has a built-in pop-up dictionary! just marvellous in every possible way! i don't remember the last time when i was _that_ impressed. a huge thank you to everyone who made this thing possible.
- (2020-03-12) Jennifer Yip: This extension is AWESOME except for the fact that it changes traditional Chinese characters to simplified ones. Please add an option to keep the original traditional Chinese character text.
- (2020-01-05) Terry Wayfarer: This add-on is a great tool to my Chinese language learning, big thanks to the developers. Just one little problem though. This add-on is changing traditional Chinese characters to simplified one. It would be better if I can read and learn traditional chinese words without forcibly changing it by this add-on. An update for this would be appreciated much.
- (2019-10-19) Michael Buen: This Add Pinyin extension is so awesome. It does not have the same problem as Pinyinizer and Zhongzhong extension combo. With Pinyinizer and Zhongzhong combo, Pinyinizer prevents Zhongzhong from detecting Chinese words that are multi-syllables. Pinyinizer ruby-ized each hanzi, which then creates "boundary" on each hanzi of a multi-syllable Chinese word, which then affected Zhongzhong from detecting the multi-syllables Chinese word properly. See this problem: https://github.com/PabloRomanH/zhongzhong/issues/41 Wtih Add Pinyin extension (instead of Pinyinizer extension), Zhongzhong extension can now properly detect multi-syllables Chinese words. Another awesomeness of Add Pinyin is it also has pop-up dictonary when hanzis are hovered, this means I don't even need to use Zhongzhong anymore :) Another awesomeness of this Add Pinyin extension as compared with Pinyinizer, is that Add Pinyin does not affect the video when Language Learning With Netflix extension is activated. With Pinyinizer extension, the video becomes blank (black) screen, the audio is playing yet the video is not appearing Triple awesome! Add Pinyin is perfect!
- (2019-10-03) He Yi Han: Finally I can hit a chinese website - including taobao - and feel like I know what's going on. Brilliant!
- (2019-09-05) Lao Jiang: Jon has been doing great. I bought his courses last year. I have witnessed his hard work and efforts. Great job.
- (2018-04-01) Vu Tan Mai: It works as expected. Webpage layout isn't broken by this extension.
- (2017-01-31) Nathan Wong: Very useful app. Would be nice to have an option to show the characters with the pinyin.
- (2016-03-03) Alejandro: It works perfectly for non-https webpages. I am really looking forward a new update!!! Thanks a lot!
- (2015-04-18) Camryn Bradley: Jon has been nothing but helpful in my effort to learn Chinese. it is no surprise the tools, like this one, he has created are amazingly helpful you all should also try: mand.jon-long.ca/annotator
- (2020-12-25, v:2.0.0) White Apple Blossom: Doesn't work
It doesn't work for a couple of weeks now. Please fix the extension, it was really one of the best.
- (2018-04-01, v:1.9) Vu Tan Mai: Show original Han character below PinYin
Maybe add PinYin above the Han word? So that it's educational for me... I can learn to read the Chinese character
- (2017-08-31, v:1.9) Huy Zing: No https support
This doesn't work on https sites. Chrome doesn't allow mixing insecure and secure URLs so this extension cannot connect to http://mand.jon-long.ca/api/multitextjsonv2