Pin Yin is a great way to learn Chinese. It detects the largest block of Chinese text on a page, gets rid of everything else, and…
Pin Yin is a great way to learn Chinese. It detects the largest block of Chinese text on a page, gets rid of everything else, and adds pin-yin pronunciation annotations. It also provides a link to convert the more readable HTML to a Kindle friendly format for learning Chinese on the go. Just e-mail it to your Kindle account. The Kindle-compatible mode works for Kindle 3, Kindle Keyboard, Kindle Touch and Kindle Fire. Check out the screen shots to see an example of the original page; the converted, annotated text; and the Kindle friendly version.
- (2019-10-17) jessie nlp: I cannot use it.. Is it really can work?
- (2017-03-08) Ne fait rien. Ne marche pas. Doesn't work!
- (2015-05-17) Shan He: I really wish this worked too. Please fix!
- (2015-01-21) Chin Ket Loh: Does not seem to work.
- (2013-10-27) Nathan Cain: I would like this to work. That is why I gave it two stars. Unfortunately it isn't working on my macbook.
- (2012-07-24) How about the choice of numbered pinyin or tone marks, I hate numbered pinyin. Also instead of opening a new window why not have a pop up showing the pinyin. Will rate 5* if these changes were to happen. Until then I just use pop up dictionaries that already have these functions. Good start but needs to improve...
- (2012-05-14) Robert Wang: I'm fluent in spoken Chinese but have trouble reading. This lets me read online Chinese books comfortably on my Kindle.