A very simple extension to move tabs around with your keyboard
MOTA INTRODUCTION MoTa allows you to move and pin your tabs with the keyboard. It is designed to supplement the excellent Vimium (other keyboard shortcut extensions are available), which unfortunately has no support for managing tabs this way. The shortcuts are vi-like. THE FUTURE Currently you cannot change the shortcuts for this extension, but if I get many requests for this (or for more friendly shortcuts) at [email protected] (two Ls), I will add this feature. I may also add command repetition (e.g. 3<Alt-l> moves current tab three to the right). Oh, and if Vimium adds this functionality, I will not use this extension myself. SHORCUTS <Alt-0>: Move current tab to beginning of window <Alt-$>: Move current tab to end of window <Alt-h>: Move current tab left <Alt-l>: Move current tab right <Alt-j>: Move current tab out to new window <Alt-k>: Move current tab in to next window <Alt-p>: Pin/Unpin current tab
- (2019-12-11) Colin Fraizer: I use it all the time. It works perfectly on my Mac (macOS 10.15.1 with Chrome 78.0.3904.108).
- (2019-10-09) Aaron Hellman: Use this ALL the time
- (2017-07-12) Martin Meng: Only extension I found that let's you navigate using hjkl, super intuitive, especially for VIM users. Also the j/k pop in/outs are very useful
- (2015-06-17) Tramel Jones: Love it, use it to break out tabs into new windows, and dock floating tabs into existing windows. All without having to use my mouse
- (2013-09-28) Ellie Moriarty: Use it all the time to pin tabs and move them around. I'm on a Mac and it works perfectly
- (2013-09-27) 李小生: 非常好，找了好久的功能，如果能修改快捷键就更好啦，毕竟对于键盘控来说，有时快捷键会冲突。移动标签页，改变标签大小，很方便实用的小工具。也真心希望vimium能集成这种功能。
- (2013-09-20) I want the functionality of being able to move a tab to a different window, but I am on a Mac and I cannot get any of these shortcuts to work. Nor are the shortcuts customizable, so I am also unable to determine if the usage of the "alt" button is the problem.
- (2017-09-27, v:1.1.1) on247: OSX 10.12.4 Chrome
None of the key commands works. Sadly :/
- (2015-11-19, v:1.1.1) Alex Boysen: Not working, using chrome
Shortcuts not working.
- (2015-04-06, v:1.1.1) Keyan Pishdadian: Keybindings not workin
Chrome Version 41.0.2272.104 (64-bit) MacOSX Yosemite Version 10.10.2 (14C109) The documented keyboard shortcuts have no noticeable effect.
- (2015-03-28, v:1.1.1) Yarin Snapir: MoTa extension not working
using chrome version 42.0.2311.60 beta-m (64-bit)
- (2014-05-27, v:1.1.1) Dennie Kirtley: suggestion to change behavior of extension
Not an issue really - but in the description it says you would change default behaviors if requested. so here's a request: currently: Alt+h moves a tab to the left Alt+l moves a tab to the right It be so much more intuitive/user friendly if you did it like this: Alt+l moves a tab to the left Alt+r moves a tab to the right Just sayin'...