Hide YouTube™ videos you've already watched to easily discover fresh content.
FreshView for YouTube™ is an extension that helps you discover new YouTube™ videos by hiding ones you've already watched. What can I control? - The visibility of viewed YouTube™ videos via the "Hide Videos" checkbox. - The minimum watch progress of a viewed YouTube™ video via the "View Threshold" slider. Are there any restrictions? - You must use the YouTube™ material design layout (from August 2017). - You must be logged into a YouTube™ account with watch history enabled. Where can I donate? - Nowhere. Keep your money and enjoy! Note: This extension needs permission to read and change data on YouTube™ in order to modify its displayed content. YouTube™ is a trademark of Google Inc. Use of this trademark is subject to Google Permissions.
- (2020-07-16) just here to like everything: gayet iyi çalışıyor dediğini yapıyor.
- (2020-04-01) dust Star: Great Extension!!
- (2020-03-22) Dale Robinson: Works perfectly and seems to have been updated after the recent Youtube layout switch over which is amazing! You can toggle how much of a watched video you want to keep or clear off you feed giving you the chance to keep videos you've only watched half of to stay in the feed to finish watching later.
- (2020-03-17) Scott Johnson: Doesn't work.
- (2020-02-27) Witosław Sosnowski: I usually watch at an increased speed and then it doesn't work, i.e. it doesn't hide the movies I watched.
- (2020-01-16) Elliot Hield: This extension just gets me. Good job.
- (2019-12-27) Oscar Caetano: the only that really work. it is a bit slow to hide the videos but it works
- (2019-08-06) me am: very good
- (2019-07-29) HappyPlays: doesnt work for playlists on the home page
- (2019-07-02) Michael Hasenstein: It's not the author's fault I think, but I tried to extensions (both open source and available on Github to review), neither one managed to hide watched videos. For the last few weeks Youtube kept (and keeps) showing me videos I selected the "Hide" context menu option for. They are removed from the GUI, the XHR request that occurs when I click that option seems to succeed, but upon "Subscriptions" reload all is there again. Neither the other extension I tried nor this one changed anything at all (I even rewatched a video to make sure it is marked watched and set the threshold to 1%). I still see every single _already watched_ video. I think there's something wrong with Youtube that an extension simply cannot work around. As usual, given the distributed and fragmented nature of the Youtube backend, not everybody has the same experience.
- (2019-02-28) Спасибо за расширение. На сегодня это лучшая реализация такой фичи. Ты даже сумел боковую "Up next" секцию видео одолеть!
- (2019-02-19) ImprovedTube for YouTube: hello, looks good! <3
- (2019-01-27) ВАСЯ пупкин: Just Geniusly! Просто гениально! Даже лучше, чем я искал! Неожиданно! Легче похожего (которое теперь не работает), а функционала больше. Меняет страницу на лету! 5 баллов и благодарность создателю!
- (2018-06-23) Ben Witschey: it's so great!
- (2018-02-19) Alexander A: Really useful for anyone who frequents youtube!
- (2018-02-10) Jacoby Joukema: Really useful, must use for anyone tired of seeing the same recommended vids.
- (2020-08-29, v:1.3.2) Ireallyreally Hategoogle: Database (Album)
Can i export and/or import to the database for when i re-install?
- (2020-08-29, v:1.3.2) Ireallyreally Hategoogle: Missing control interface
When i right click or left click on the icon, all i get is the same options, no user interface to change the settings. I'm using Vivaldi 3.2.1967.47 (Stable channel) (64-bit) on Windows 10.
- (2020-08-28, v:1.3.2) Ireallyreally Hategoogle: Control and database
The overview says: "What can I control? - The visibility of viewed YouTube™ videos via the "Hide Videos" checkbox. - The minimum watch progress of a viewed YouTube™ video via the "View Threshold" slider." I see no checkbox or slider. How can i keep my database of watched videos from one installation to the next? We all know Youtube doesn't keep many videos in the watched history.