Checks continuously and alerts you when the site has changed
Alerts you when text changes on a page. How To Use: Normal Mode: ->Go to the target page you want to monitor. ->Press Ctrl+Alt+Left Click on the element you want to monitor Inspection Mode: ->Click on the extension. It will turn red. It will also turn on the inspection feature, hover over elements and you can see their tag names. It will help you select the exact element to monitor. ->Once you hovered over the correct element,Press Ctrl+Alt+Left Click on the element you want to monitor ->Once the elements are selected,left click the extension to close the inspection mode. The extension will play a beep sound to alert. To put a custom sound, right click on the extension and go to options. put the song url there. It can only play web based songs and no local system songs due to chrome restrictions.
- (2020-09-17) Ricky D.: Doesn't work - CRTL+ALT clicking an element doesn't do anything.
- (2019-08-27) Rafael Portela Jorge: Seria ótimo se funcionasse sempre, mas funciona em alguns sites apenas e o modo de ativar é confuso, não se sabe se atiou ou não!
- (2019-07-09) Michael Star: Because it really deserves more than 2 stars. I've tried many other apps to find something like this, but this is the only app that delivers. It's just not very intuitive at first and not meant to be used for full page reloads. It's for dynamic websites that display data that changes within the page (e.g. stock exchange, a clock, an ebay price etc.) 1: All you need to do is put your mouse on the element you want to monitor for changes (and yes, you can select multiple elements or even an entire container, row, column etc.) 2: next, you press ctrl+alt+left mouse on the element/container you want to monitor and it will turn blue, so to show what is being monitored (sometimes not the entire background of an element or container turns blue, but just a part of it - this is due to child-elements within the container) 3: Now when the selected element changes or an element within the container changes, the color of the selected element or container changes color to a blue/green gradient and the selected audio file plays repeatedly. Because of this repetition, I recommend using a sound that's not gonna drive you mental ;) *Note that as far as I'm aware, there's only 2 ways to turn off the sound: 1: reselect the element that's changed and repeat selection procedure (ctrl+alt+left mouse) 2: refresh the page (clears the selected elements and disables the app) You can find direct links to mp3 audio files in google (for the keyword: notification) like this: intitle:index.of "notification" "mp3" "Last Modified" -htm -html -php -asp -isp Just visit any of the results, play the mp3 files for reference and copy the url of the one you like to the options page of this plugin.
- (2019-05-14) Micheal Star: Read the description and make sure to reload the page before first use, otherwise it doesn't work. It loops the mp3 file so there's no way you can miss a change. This is also one of the few extensions that works on ajax reloads and the only one that lets you play a song rather than a desktop notification. This plugin is very useful if your computer is on and you're nearby but you're not sitting behind it all the time.
- (2018-09-25) Not found in MacOS Sierra 10.13.6
- (2020-02-19, v:126.96.36.199) Name: Can't get extension to do anything
Hi, I just installed this extension but it doesn't seem to do anything. I click the little icon in the top menu and scroll my mouse cursor over where i want to monitor changes, but nothing comes up anywhere. It looks like a good extension but I can't get it to work. I did refresh the page before trying to use it. Thanks!
- (2019-12-14, v:188.8.131.52) Brad Waddell: keyword
please add a keyword monitor thanks!
- (2019-08-13, v:184.108.40.206) Aljan Alarcon: It will not save my
When I close my browser, it will reset the changes that I made. Is there a way to keep it permanent? I am using this as an alerting on our monitoring web application so I need those changes to be permanent even if I close my browser.
- (2019-08-08, v:220.127.116.11) Sasha Zabelin: How do I use this tool on Mac?
When I LeftClick with Alt-Control, the selection is not adding to the monitoring, but instead, I have a default behavior of sub-menu opens up, while selection is still being in active mode.
- (2019-05-14, v:18.104.22.168) Micheal Star: Some suggestions
Please add an option to stop the sound from playing (loops) - The only way I currently see is to reload the tab. I like the loops so please don't disable that but just add an option to deselect the trigger that activates the sound or something ;)
- (2018-01-29, v:22.214.171.124) Kyle Hicks: Features suggestions.
Add timed auto-refresh option. Remember the selected element to alert on when the whole page refreshes. Alert management screen.