Monitor any question from any Stack Exchange site and see when it is updated!
StackStalker v3.0.2 (Latest release: May 5, 2017) ================= - Bug fix to allow for https sites - Update jQuery to 3.2.1 - Other minor bug fixes StackStalker will monitor any question on any Stack Exchange site and let you know when something has updated. Don't sit there and mash your F5 key waiting for something to happen. Instead, while viewing a question, click the StackStalker icon next to the address bar, and click the "Add this question" button. Then go browse something else while StalkStalker does the work for you. No need for logging in or creating a Stack Exchange account. When you've added one or more questions, the logo will turn from gray (inactive) to blue (active). When a question has been updated, meaning the answer count, comment count, upvote count, or answer acceptance status has been updated, the icon will display a number for how many questions have been updated. Clicking on the StackStalker icon will bring up a popup window displaying the questions you've chosen to monitor. On the left of each question are at least two action buttons: toggle monitor (eye icon) and delete (X icon). If the question has been updated, its background will turn yellow and you'll have one more action button: mark as read (book icon). If you click on the eye icon, it will open or close the eye, indicating whether or not StackStalker will actively check for updates to this question. It's recommended that you un-monitor older, less active questions to prevent unnecessary requests to the Stack Exchange API. Clicking the X icon will remove the question from your list. You can always add it back by revisiting the question and adding it again. Clicking the book icon will remove the "updated" status from the question you are monitoring without navigating to the question. If you click the title of the question, it will remove the "updated" status as well. Please feel free to direct suggestions, bugs, or pull requests to the StackStalker repository: https://github.com/ultimatedelman/stackstalker.
- (2018-06-12) Mosh Feuchtwanger: Looks good!
- (2017-11-17) Yosef Bart: Useful but buggy. Removed items keep showing up again and sometimes removing one item clears all of them.
- (2017-05-25) Geographic way: bad
- (2016-02-21) stardiviner: Not working
- (2015-05-05) Vladimir Petrov: Doesn't work with StackOverflow
- (2015-02-28) Samantha Applegate: Amazing extension, thanks :)
- (2014-12-22) Shashank Tamhaney: Doesn't work at all. When I click the Add this question button, nothing happens and the image on the right keeps going in circles continuosly
- (2014-09-15) Updated review: This now works with the SO API (v2.2) and functions beautifully. It is fast becoming one of my favourite and most useful plugins. Great work!
- (2013-03-31) Kronos: Any idea how to configure it? just got a white popup window....
- (2012-04-12) James Sutton: I noticed that the last review is from 2011. Is that because this no longer works because I tried installing this extension and it didn't do anything. When I clicked on the button to enable it just says clear all and then below that is a textbox that doesn't do anything. Am I doing something wrong all the other reviews say this is great and I don't want to be the only bad review but if it doesn't work what can I do?
- (2012-04-10) caue rego: doesn't work at all. no options, nothing to setup, no screen shows up - just a gray button stands there with a blank popup.
- (2018-09-23, v:3.0.2) Jarno Suni: False positives
I get notifications about added content, but when I view the web page, there is nothing new.
- (2015-06-06, v:3.0.1) Trouble deleting questions
This problem is erratic. Sometimes I can delete a question by clicking the red X, sometimes not. If I do get one deleted, it usually comes back later.