Cleans Youtube comments
Tired of these Youtube comments? "Hit like if you are watching in 2017" "The 643 people who disliked are morons" "Subscribe me if you want videos of cute cats" This extension hides hateful, racist, viral comments on Youtube. Optionally, you can add custom words to the existing list of hateful, racist, viral words. You could also add user names to block comments.
- (2020-09-08) Jasmine Zed: This is one of my favorite extensions of all time. I obsessively read youtube comments, and it has always really irritated me how many useless unoriginal comments there were, and how I couldn't see comments with any actual depth. Now, I can not only get rid of those comments, I can make my entire comment section cleaner and kinder.
- (2020-06-29) I Don't Like Birds: The extension worked, though I find a few aspects of it somewhat lacking. I would definitely recommend using this extension if you want to remove annoying and repetitive comments, as it does do it's job as advertised and in general improves comment sections. However I can't rate it a 5 stars because of a number of problems: - It does not support older versions of YouTube. Obviously this issue applies to only a small number of people, but it makes it so that I cannot use the extension whatsoever, since I use extensions that revert YouTube to an older (And frankly, better) design - The UI is difficult to use. There is no way to bring up a tab with all the editable information, so the only way to use it is by working in the minuscule extension box. It can make it frustrating and tedious to do basic things - There is no way to delete items from your blacklist. The blacklist section of the extension is lacking overall, but this is the most obvious issue. If you put in something by mistake, or if you want to remove a blacklisted term/word for any reason, there is no way to do it (To my knowledge) without reinstalling the extension - Terms will not be blocked if they are italicized or bold. This is a small oversight that can be a major annoyance, since you either have to add each term to your blacklist three times (One normally, one with underscores, and one with asterisks) or just bare with the unblocked comments, which defeats the point of blocking comments at all If most of the issues were fixed (Which I doubt will happen, as it seems the creator hasn't worked on this since 2017), then this extension would be a must-have. YouTube comment sections are the most toxic, annoying, and repetitive things on the internet, so the ability to block any comments you don't wish to see is a god-send, and is something that, for some reason, is very scarce. So I'm glad this extension exists, I just wish it were more fleshed out in some areas.
- (2019-11-02) Mikhail: Скрывает полностью полезные комментарии. Русский язык плохо понимает и неправильно фильтрует. Плюс в том, что работает. Оставляет счётчик комментариев без изменений - это хорошо.
- (2019-05-11) Carthage Empire: Good extension , but it need to evolve more !
- (2019-04-15) Orion Shock: Thank God! something that finally works and hours of searching
- (2019-03-14) Ann Duren: simple and works great
- (2019-03-12) RayanZZ: Don't Work :)
- (2019-03-04) rafael simao: nao dá para importar nem exportar e nao da pra excluir palavras ja colocadas.
- (2018-06-29) Dysprosia: Works pretty well. Can take a while getting rid of a lot of comments, but otherwise, it's fantastic.
- (2018-06-15) Alexander Hoff: It actually works!!!
- (2018-01-19) Rauskin Jäät: The comment section becomes a little slower than normal, but it's so worth it. The only word I filtered out is "2018", works like a charm.
- (2017-11-21) Interstellar bruce: Works well. comments are much less toxic now. My only gripe is the lack of the ability to control, or modify the comment fillers. (Update nov 2017) The app now has fantastic comment filters. The comments are now no longer a vile hate filled abusive wasteland.
- (2017-10-27) Caleb Antonio: Thank you, works very well and is easy to use
- (2017-10-08) Sarah Austad: Awesome, thank you! Would definitely love (and pay for) the ability to define key words that trigger comment blocking. Again, thank you!
- (2019-04-15, v:0.0.0.3) Orion Shock: Option to remove from the black list
Just installed it and wondered around the UI. I didn't see an option to remove from the black list. I would suggest this as an option in case of accidents, etc, of input.
- (2018-10-17, v:0.0.0.3) Dave Casey: Missing threads
One of the things I've noticed is that if I block a commenter that is located in the replies to a thread, it blocks the entire thread, not just the commenter. It would be nice if it just weeded out the bad eggs and left everyone else alone. Also, there doesn't seem to be any way to remove someone from the block list. That would be nice.
- (2018-03-27, v:0.0.0.3) It does not work
It does not work at all
- (2018-03-01, v:0.0.0.3) Sarah Austad: Password Protect Blacklist Viewing?
Hi again! Still using this extension and just wondering if it would be possible to require the password before viewing the blacklist? Using this extension for my son's laptop, and if he happens to locate the extension and clicks on "See Blacklist", well I'd just rather that didn't happen. :) Thanks again for a great extension - it has been a huge help!
- (2017-11-08, v:0.0.0.3) Danny Vasquez: Doesn't seem to work.
I added one person's name to the block user list (copied and pasted so no spelling mistakes), restarted the browser and it doesn't work at all. Is there something I am missing to get it running? Regards, Danny