FoxFilter helps block pornographic and any other user-defined content. Great for use in your home, business, library or classroom.
FoxFilter has been called "THE parental control for Firefox." and is now available for Google Chrome! Now even better! Version 9 is faster than ever and has virtually no impact on the user experience! FoxFilter is an effective content filter that helps block pornographic and other user-defined content by allowing you to fully customize your filtering preferences and sensitivity settings. We are thrilled that many use FoxFilter in their homes, businesses and classrooms, which is what sparked the creation of our hosted options (Hosted, Pro, Enterprise). Using one of the premium hosted features allows you to manage your personalized settings for all of your computers/accounts from a single computer. Our premium features also offer password-protected settings and security features to help prevent it from being bypassed, uninstalled or disabled. All of the filtering features are completely free of charge. However, due to the volume of support requests pertaining to forgotten passwords as well as other support costs that we incur, security and other premium features are now only available to registered users. A registration fee is required to obtain a registration code and varies depending on which premium options you select. The FoxFilter Team has spent many long days and nights in the development, maintenance and support of FoxFilter. We are very proud of our product and are very happy that is helping protect children, teens and adults from inappropriate content on the Internet. We're confident that you will agree that FoxFilter is the most simple and effective extension for filtering inappropriate content. Features available that are completely free: -All content filtering features and settings -Pre-defined filtering rules for pornographic content -Mode selection -Auto-enable preference setting -Sensitivity settings -Alert settings to control how much detail is provided about the blocked content (protect innocent eyes) -Ability to add custom filtering keywords -Ability to add sites to the list of blocked sites or trusted sites Premium features that are also available: -Password protection -Password recovery -Advanced security feature which helps prevent FoxFilter from being uninstalled or bypassed -Shared settings across multiple computers or computer accounts
- (2020-12-03) Dee R: Cant save changes to blocked keywords after new update
- (2020-08-31) Lock Jaw: Sometimes I get a message when I click 'Save Changes' saying this. Sorry, there was an error saving your changes: "Service Unavailable"
- (2018-06-04) 希望alex: Blocks the ENTIRE site, useless.
- (2018-02-19) Martin MC: When it blocks a site due to a false positive, there is a button that reads "trust this site" so we can continue to the site. I find that helpful because I tried another site where I could not even get a reply to my messages to allow me to see clean sites that probably were just mentioning products from the Naked brand of juice or something innocent.
- (2017-02-14) laura g: es muy bueno
- (2016-10-01) Jeremy Campbell: still Can't get on my computer
- (2016-08-31) Jon Grieg: EXCELLENT, even for other uses! Since antivirus suites no longer allow you to type undesirable URLs into the firewall, this extension comes as a true blessing! Even for those who don't care about filtering "adult" content, this is useful to get rid of "clickbait" websites and other annoying pests. You can insert your own filters the EASY way! (True, it requires some TLC. For example, since Google now owns "Doubleclick", getting rid of Doubleclick may also block YouTube, so I had to cancel that filter. But aside from a few exceptions like that, it is EXTREMELY useful!)
- (2016-01-15) Logan Bowman: This blocked sites like YouTube, Facebook, and Netfix for no reason! ...
- (2015-06-04) Larisa Pak: the free version is useless. Subscription adds up to $$$ over time.
- (2015-05-16) Justin: Works very well
- (2015-01-01) Nathan Pinno (Swagnilla Ice): It does what I need it to do - make me stop and think before I do something stupid!
- (2014-12-21) Aidan Pak: Where did this come from? (didn't download)
- (2014-07-29) hardanny reina: super esta mejor
- (2014-07-06) Jacob Gorczyca: Did not download.
- (2014-06-17) Justin Pulikodan: awesome software for parental lock
- (2014-02-24) Erin B.: NOT FREE. In order to change any settings to make it worth having installed you need to buy a registration.
- (2014-01-24) Elizabeth Martin: this thing sucked.. it will not let you remove it once it is downloaded. i have tried multiple times and it didnt work.it will not let you do any online shopping or anything. trust me dont waste your time with this its a pile of crap. not only that but its not free. its far from free.
- (2013-09-08) Adzizi Salleh: tq
- (2013-09-07) Carlos Andrés Solórzano Cabas: wooaooo super mucho mejorr yeeaahhh
- (2013-09-06) Kelz Fyfe (Scatty): Not free at all!! Before you can do anything you have to register and pay. Con
- (2013-07-18) ignacio martinez: como se saca esto de google crom
- (2013-07-17) Era of Androids: no good customiztion. it sucks.
- (2013-07-11) Sushi Sue: Works great. It seems much more thorough and effective than other filter and it's very fast. It has occasionally blocked a page I didn't want it to, but it's easy enough to add the page to the list of trusted sites. It was also very easy to add my own filtering criteria.
- (2013-07-11) Gus Jones: The new versions just keep getting better and better. This is just what I was looking for. It works really well for blocking pages that I don't want my kids to see. What's cool is that it completely hides a page while it is checking it over. Other filters that I have tried actually allow the page to be seen for a second before they block it.
- (2013-07-01) Lamar C: Utterly sucks. After install I right click to select an element I want to block and I'm taken to a page that forces you to register. You follow that link and you're brought to another that displays several purchasing options with only ONE link on the entire page to paypal. It's not free folks!
- (2013-06-04) aryel victor: não gostei porque os meus jogos preferidos foram bloqueados por favor vcs digam como concertar isso
- (2013-04-23) Loved the product, but it caused my tabs to load uncompleted. If you open tabs in the back ground they won't load, you have to wait with the tab open watching the load progress circle scrolling endlessly - Very irritating.
- (2022-04-06, v:9.6) Gregg manduck: RICHIESTA CAMBIO EMAIL
SALVE BUONGIORNO HO NECESSITA DI CAMBIARE EMAIL AL MIO ACCOUNT DI FOXFILTER. DOVREI METTERE COME EMAIL [email protected] E' POSSIBILE?
- (2022-01-06, v:9.6) Tyson Walsh: Not what i expected to block words
Can i block only certain words, instead of entire websites. i only wanted to block certain words on the internet, my web browser can block websites sure
- (2020-12-11, v:9.5) Pruden Tercero Nieto: falta de filtrado adecuado
En relación con firefox, cuando le pido que confíe en una página manifiestamente pornográfica, no me pide la contraseña. Me dirige directamente
- (2020-10-23, v:9.4) Paul Gallagher: Can I pay for one year in advance only ?
I am happy to pay for your really easy but effective add-on, but would rather pay for one year in advance at-a-time. That is, no automatically renewable subscription. Is this possible, or even the way you handle such subscriptions? Can you please send the answer to: [email protected] Best wishes, Paul Gallagher
- (2020-05-12, v:9.4) marcia cashan: NEWS I WANT FOX FRIENDS
HOW DO I WATCH FOX FRIENDS
- (2018-08-01, v:9.1) FoxFilter
Where do I find FoxFilter on the ChromeBook. I looked in the Chrome folder and it does not appear anywhere. You advertise what I need but give no information on how to accomplish the task.
- (2018-03-07, v:9.1) three7s69: Ignore list
FoxFilter is not using my ignore list. For instance, I'm trying to block just the word bra alone. Even if I have Library or Brand in my ignore list, foxfilter is still tripping from the block list.
- (2017-06-25, v:2.3) xcrunner72: Stop the Uninstallation
Is there a way to block the uninstallation of FoxFilter? It is very easy to click on FoxFilter icon and click to uninstall from Chrome.
- (2017-02-17, v:2.3) Jonathan Langdon: Stop users from removing FoxFilter!
I found a way to force the installation of an extension. Absolutely essential for this! Otherwise someone can just right click on FoxFilter and "remove extension". Here's some links that explain how: http://dev.chromium.org/administrators/policy-list-3#ExtensionInstallForcelist https://sites.google.com/site/lock5stat/offline-use/installing-for-all-users Use the following code instead: "nopeodilnmhhlfageeohjojginlgeljk;https://clients2.google.com/service/update2/crx" for FoxFilter Note: in Linux, if you're using Chromium, not Chrome, you'll need to edit the following file instead: /etc/chromium-browser/policies/managed/statkey.json Thanks so much FoxFilter for coming to Chrome/Chromium. Keep up the good work!! We use it with all our computers at our school and it works wonderfully with hosted settings.
- (2016-08-21, v:2.3) unblock google images
I do not want to have google images blocked. I also do not want to register and have to pay for this service- this is my work computer.
- (2016-06-03, v:2.3) amna omer raja: get rid of fox filter
please how can i remove fox filter from chrome?
- (2016-01-08, v:2.3) John Oatley: blue book prices
looking forblue book prices
- (2015-11-05, v:2.3) Maria Loreley Ruso: consulta urgente
instale foxfilter y no me permite mirar imágenes! no encuentro donde desactivarlo o donde cambiarle las preferencias. pero así no lo quiero!!! busque imágenes de cajas de carton porta saquitos de te!!!!! una estupidez que no permita esto
- (2015-10-22, v:2.3) Mark Hawkins: uninstall
how do I uninstall? do not wnat
- (2015-10-20, v:2.3) Incognito Tab
Will foxfilter either monitor or block an incognito tab on Chrome?
3.4 (106 votes)
Last update / version
2021-06-07 / 9.6