See books, music and more at your local library as you browse the internet
See instant availability information for books, music, and audiobooks from catalogs offered by your local libraries as you browse various sites. We currently support over 5000 libraries around the world. Find our complete list of supported libraries at https://www.libraryextension.com/supported-libraries If you do not find your library supported, please visit our feedback page at https://www.libraryextension.com/contact-us - we're always happy to add new libraries!
- (2022-01-17) Megan C: This is so slick! It's really changed my book browsing life. What a fantastic idea.
- (2022-01-14) Carmen Zinner: I just started using this extension and I am loving it! It is so easy to find books across my libraries. It saves me a lot of time and money!
- (2022-01-12) Sriranga Chilakamarri: Beautifully done extension.
- (2022-01-11) Sunil Kumar: Just awesome! Drastically reduced my book buying.
- (2022-01-10) Tim Knight: Just totally awesome! Why buy when you can get from your library that you pay for anyway?
- (2022-01-08) Kimberly Purcell: I use this extension all the time. It's perfect for me to see what's at my library rather than me having to make a purchase or rent a movie. I took a way one star because the banner for this runs across the trailer on the movies on Amazon. I'm not able to see the entire video. If that could be fixed, this extension would then be perfect for me.
- (2022-01-08) Amara: I love it! This has saved me so much money and time! It works 95% of the time, automatically checking to see if any book I search for on Amazon is available at my local library. It (rarely) gets confused if there is a similar title at my library that is not the same book, that is easy enough for me to check.
- (2022-01-07) Janie Jones: I really appreciated being able to find out what was near me at the library. Especially during the time of this pandemic, money is tight and this extension helped me out a lot! Thanks!!
- (2022-01-07) Beckie Pomponio: Love this! Best extension I've ever downloaded. It's a must if you use the library for reading books!
- (2022-01-05) Naomi Socher-Lerner: SO helpful!!!!!
- (2022-01-04) Diane Rhodes: As an educator, this is very useful in evaluating books.
- (2022-01-04) Desiree Botica: I use three different library systems and it's so easy to be able to see at a quick glance which one might have the book I'm looking for available now when I'm searching on Goodreads or Amazon. Highly recommend!!
- (2022-01-01) Ita: This has saved me SO MUCH time!! More accurate than Worldcat. LOVE IT!
- (2021-12-29) Jessica Smith: great add for book lovers
- (2021-12-29) Rachel Helinski: By far the most useful chrome extension! I have a few cards from libraries in my state and this allows me to see where titles are available without me having to search each individual library site. When one of my libraries was taking a long time to load, the developer fixed the issue super quickly. I love this extension!
- (2021-12-27) lou lione: This app has saved me a ton of money. I would have bought a ton of kindle books but I now get them free from the library with zero effort. Thank you so much
- (2021-12-24) Jeffrey Hyer: Best tool ever for a book lover and a history teacher who usually needs to read a section or two of a book, and therefore can bypass purchasing a copy.
- (2021-12-23) Jon Udell: Carries on the tradition of http://jonudell.info/LibraryLookup.html in the nicest possible way. Well done, and thanks!
- (2021-12-21) Rachel Dorn: Perfect. I'm always trying to figure out how best to spend my book money and having the extension tell me if I can get it at the library or Libby or on a subscription I already have (Scribd) is excellent.
- (2021-12-20) Bonnie Baker: This has been such a great extension! It saves people time and money AND helps support libraries. The extension creator is very involved in the process and extremely prompt and helpful in responding to queries. I recommend this extension all the time.
- (2021-12-18) Liz Gabbitas: Excellent! Works smoothly, doesn't slow things down, and provides great accurate information. Highly recommend!
- (2021-12-17) Jennifer Kuehn: I wish it linked to the Libby app!!
- (2021-12-15) Wayne Turner: This is a must-have for any regular library user whose library is supported. To be able to read detail and reviews about a book on Amazon and immediately see its availability at my local library is amazing.
- (2021-12-12) Lee: Really convenient. Wish it was across platforms...Apple works but Microsoft does not...Great app
- (2021-12-11) S Kim: Amazing - anyone that utilizes a library needs to get this app ASAP. It's one of my favorites. To be able to see whether a book is available at my library, how many copies, in what format is amazing.
- (2021-12-09) Sue Wagener: I can't imagine life without it! It has saved me literally hundreds of dollars since I first installed it. I wish there was an extension for the iphone too, but alas, I can always wait until I get to a desktop to check on a book availability. Best extension EVER!
- (2021-12-09) Joshua Kneidl: Works great to automatically search the 3 library systems I have available in my city. Fantastic plug-in!
- (2021-12-09) Theresa Johnston: This is so great! I can see where I can get a book right away. It's so convenient!
- (2021-12-07) Dan McCool: Love, love, love it... One of the actual benefits of the internet!
- (2021-12-07) Alycia Cloud: I have this installed on every device I own! I use multiple libraries, and being able to see who has which book - in which format - is wonderful
- (2021-12-07) Beate Engelhardt: I love this extension! It saves me money by letting me know if an item is available at my library or not.
- (2021-12-05) Donna McCormick: A Real Timesaver! This app makes it so easy to see if books are available at our local or any surrounding libraries without having to go to the library website and search for it. What a brilliant idea!
- (2021-12-03) Karl Waldman: Love it
- (2021-12-03) Karen Burns: I use this every time I search for books I want to read. Great extension!
- (2021-12-02) Sean H: I love this extension. My local library was not included so I reached out to the developer and they added it quickly.
- (2021-11-30) John Reidelbach: Love this extension. Would be lost without it.
- (2021-11-25) Tyler J Gray: As a book lover this extension is super helpful! Instead of checking everything individually, like Scribd, libraries, Hoopla, I can just see it all when i'm looking at a book on Goodreads!
- (2021-11-24) Eileen Breseman: I use 3 library systems and this makes getting book of my choice so much easier. Choice of format, how long the wait is, etc. A really cool extension!
- (2021-11-24) Eric Runnestrand: Great way to sort through all the options you have when searching for a book. Highly recommended.
- (2021-11-22) The New Weis Center: This extension has been saving me so much time searching for books! It seems to work everywhere; Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Goodreads. Extremely helpful!
- (2021-11-21) Cheryl Hager: While I prefer Firefox, I use Chrome for the Library Extension feature. I tell all my bookish friends about it too!
- (2021-11-20) Jon Stonecash: This is an essential extension for anyone who reads
- (2021-11-19) Melissa Mowery: I absolutely love this. Very easy to find out if a book is available and be able to place a hold.
- (2021-11-16) Leigh Romano: Super helpful for quickly and easily finding the location of your next great book!
- (2021-11-16) Dean Roberts: So great, especially now that my local library has partnered with several other libraries for eBooks and eAudio books. It's great that I can configure the partner libraries to only include the OverDrive catalogs and not the physical book catalogs.
- (2021-11-11) Megan Lim: This is so helpful! I am always looking for random books across my three local libraries and this has saved me so much time :)
- (2021-11-07) Tamara Mitchell: I love this extension. Blessed with a great library system and it's nice to see availability while browsing
- (2021-11-06) kate hill: I love this extension. I belong to several libraries and searching each one individually is not convenient. It's really nice to browse sites like Amazon and GoodReads looking for my next read and being able to tell in seconds if I'd be able to grab it from a library for free. Highly Recommend it!
- (2021-11-04) Demi Abrahamson: This extension is fantastic! IS so helpful to see which books are available in ebook or audio and where. Very helpful. I had one little glitch and they were back to me very quickly with a fix! LOVE THIS!
- (2021-11-03) Susan Goggins: I can't even tell you how much money this app has saved me. I love it!
- (2013-12-03, v:0.9.108) Barry Forrest: Config link is opening "about:blank"
When I click the "Library Extension" link, which points to [chrome-extension://chkgcmmjoejpekoegkedcpifgfhpjmec/config.html] a new tab is opened to about:blank and I'm unable to configure the extension.
- (2013-10-20, v:0.9.108) James Harmon: Permissions
The extension seems to be asking for permissions it does not need.
- (2013-05-28, v:0.9.87) Karla Jimenez: Add new Library
Please add Central Arkansas Library. Thank you.
- (2013-03-08, v:0.9.66) Angela Flenner: Charleston county library
The plugin doesn't seem to be working with my local library (Charleston County Public Library). It keeps telling me that it's unable to complete my search at this time. Thanks!
- (2013-01-03, v:0.9.38) Marcia Stiller: New library to add
I see that you support Erie County Library, but can you please add the rest of the Erie County libraries? Specifically my library, the Corry Public Library? We use a shared catalog and when I saw Erie I thought you would have all the branches and independent county affiliates included.
- (2012-07-10, v:0.9.5) Andrew Abrahamowicz: test