Keep your searches private by redirecting searches that may be tracked to Search Encrypt, a privacy-focused search engine.
The Search Encrypt extension expires your searches from your local browser history and encrypts your search terms between your computer and searchencrypt.com. Searches are intercepted, encrypted locally, and redirected to our privacy-enhanced search engine. 1. Search Encrypt checks the URL of each website you visit (this data is not logged or stored anywhere) 2. For your privacy, Search Encrypt intercepts the requests if it's on our list of sites 3. Search Encrypt encrypts your search locally using industry standard AES-256 encryption 4. Your locally encrypted search term is securely transmitted to our servers 5. To provide you with the most relevant results possible, we then decrypt your search term and securely request results from our search & content partners 6. We aggregate the most relevant results and securely display them to you For added security, your local browsing history for any search we protect expires and cannot be viewed after 30 minutes of inactivity. What makes Search Encrypt a good private search engine for Chrome? - Search Encrypt doesn't track your search history in any user identifiable way. - Search Encrypt does not retain server logs. - Search Encrypt helps prevent your ISP from tracking your search terms. - Search Encrypt helps hide your search history on your device. What is Search Encrypt Used for? Search Encrypt is a search engine, so it's used to find websites and information on the internet. It's a private search engine so people rely on Search Encrypt for sensitive searches that they don't want other people to know about. People also use Search Encrypt to avoid seeing ads everywhere they go for something they've searched for recently. **Avoiding Annoying Ads It can be annoying if you search for something you aren't interested in, but you had another reason to look it up. You may then see tons of ads for that thing, even if you aren't interested in buying it. **Hiding Sensitive Searches There are a number of reasons you may want to keep your searches private. You may have a health condition that you don't want other people, or your search engine to know about. A private search engine, like Search Encrypt, lets you research topics without revealing sensitive details about yourself. **Limiting Google's Power Data companies are growing more and more powerful all the time, and the data they collect is more and more specific and complex. Google is the leader in data collection and use for advertising purposes. Because they have so much information about billions of people, they have a huge advantage over any other company when it comes to internet advertising. By limiting the data that you give to Google, you can minimize the impact that the company can have on you personally. - - - - - Permissions we request: "activeTab", "tabs", "webNavigation" We use these permissions to protect information you enter into forms on the sites we protect you on. Some sites use keystroke logging to track any words you enter into a search field. These permissions allow us to block those logs and let you know which fields are safe, by displaying a tooltip. "webRequest", "webRequestBlocking", "privacy" We use these permissions to block the searches that you don't want to be tracked, and allows us to redirect those searches to our secure search engine so you can still find the information and the search results you're looking for. "storage", "cookies" We use these permissions to store and clear the encryption keys that we use to ensure that your searches are secure and expire within 30 minutes of your final search. Also, in order to whitelist certain websites. "contextMenus", "management" These permissions let us give you the browser interface to control our product and its settings. You can use the context menu to disable, uninstall, and reactivate our extension as needed. "http://*/*", "https://*/*" These give us permission to protect you throughout the internet. Without these permissions we wouldn't be able to block things like background search logging and sneaky forms that track you from one website to another.
- (2019-12-24) david cates: great product. no perfect (yet). Dave.
- (2019-12-19) Wendy Gilboa: Not good. This is malicious. If you want a private search engine use ekoru search extension for chrome from ekoru.org. They use search revenue to clean oceans. Much better than this.
- (2019-11-22) Alex Limpaecher: This is malware. Their business model is built around tracking you and selling your data.
- (2019-09-30) SHite zim: It's great and to all the people that say this is malware it's not just remove the extension and if you are still having trouble they also have a page about removing the extension
- (2019-09-08) Charles Ogren: Cannot get to simple routing, just a lot of detours to stuff I am not interested in. I wanted directions! SURPRISE!
- (2019-08-23) Chloe Mackay: I loved it!
- (2019-08-15) R. D. Wellness: SPYWARE, MALWARE. BOGUS TECH SUPPORT FROM MICROSOFT. THEY WILL F' UP YOUR COMPUTER THEN CHARGE YOU HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS TO 'FIX' IT. DO NOT INSTALL THIS EXTENSION. DO NOT INSTALL THIS EXTENSION. DO NOT INSTALL THIS EXTENSION. Stop posting fake reviews for this extension. It is garbage
- (2019-07-27) Guadalupe Aguival: es bueno
- (2019-07-17) barun kumartiwari: like it
- (2019-06-23) Mr Fenton: Thank you for keeping me protected whilst searching! I have set it as my default search engine so you can keep me protected all the time!
- (2019-06-19) Through The Garden, Inc: This extension is malware and google should take responsibility for hosting it on their store.
- (2019-06-13) Jillian Klauser: This sucks. I only downloaded it to write this review. First off, it got onto my computer and I didn't even download it. second, it changes from Google, to it's own little search engine. I hate this and am deleting it off of chrome as soon as I upload this review. WOULD NOT DOWNLOAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- (2019-06-09) Debra TerreĺlMontoya: By nature I am very skeptical. So therefore, when first installed I wasn't quite sure. After furter investigation (by me) I am satisfied with this product. Thank you.
- (2019-06-05) Oscar Flores: muy bueno excelente
- (2019-06-03) Kailash Chandr: hii welcom rohta agra
- (2019-06-01) Saji Abbas: This sucks. Especially that stupid woman saying im almost done.
- (2019-05-24) Ayannaliese Mouzon: I can't search what I need!
- (2019-05-02) Fatima S. Nenninger: A little awkward
- (2019-04-25) Eli Minor: i love everything boom.
- (2019-04-12) gilbert averty: j'ai adoré
- (2019-04-11) TheGoldenNuggetYT: its malware and no one likes malware that doesn't tell you what you searched for and that gives you ads and makes money off of them.
- (2019-04-10) Robert Fontana: I hate it but can't seem to be able to get rid of it
- (2019-03-09) Sukaira_Kuruzu: this extension sucks and i cant remove it.
- (2019-03-03) bien
- (2019-02-24) Analia Liva: ESTA RE BUENO ADEMAS PUEDO JUGAR CON MIS AMIGOS