Search definitions of words quickly on urbandictionary
*PS- Update to latest version 1.5 to have a bug-free experience* Let's you quickly search definitions of words on urbandictionary.com. Just click on the icon(should be seen near the address bar) and a popup appears where the word can be entered and the top definition(s) and corresponding usage(s) are loaded into the popup.There is also a link to the corresponding page on urbandictionary.com for detailed definition(s) and usags(s) of the entered word. There are 3 ways in which you can search for a word on urban dictionary using this extension: 1. Click on the popup and enter the search query. 2. Select the word you want to look up and press the extension icon to load the results in the popup. 3. Rightclick after the word selection, you should see an option in the context menu that says "Search (whatever word you selected) on Urban dictionary. Clicking on that item, opens up the urban dictionary link for that word definition in a new tab. *Of course,you can always use the omnibox search functionality provided by urbandictionary.com itself. Just type in "urbandictionary.com" and press the "Tab" key. You should be able to search for words directly from the search bar then. PS: If you are on an older version, please update to the latest version 1.3 to resolve the popup bug i.e getting an error in the popup on every search. Enjoy using the extension :) Changelog =========== I need to update the extension whenever the guys @ urbandicitonary update their website. If you feel that they have and the extension isn't working for you, it'll be a big help if you report the bug which will help me track it down and keep providing you a pleasant experience :) version 0.1.0.0 - Fixed bug where the popup gave an error that "Your internet might be down or the *term* is not defined yet". version 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 - The web page @ urbandictionary.com got revamped. I have updated the extension to take care of the changes pushed. version 1.4 - Yahoo scrapped the search tool I employed for the extension and I have updated it to obviate the issue. version 1.5 - Shifted to a stable API for fetching definitions from Urban dictionary.
- (2019-07-27) Vitor Talles: ótima extensão para aprender inglês.
- (2019-04-30) TheHeavenFox Guardian: search golf, it is true
- (2018-01-11) Jasmine: I love it! its sooooo awesome,and funny...I put love in, and i got this "nature's way of tricking people into reproducing"!!!!!
- (2017-11-21) Ludwig Vilas: It's a must have.
- (2017-10-21) DOGE Hohoho: doesnt work
- (2017-10-16) Chris Vydas: Do we really need an extension to use a website? Not really. Adds a context menu entry, ok , so what. There are other search tools that add far more functionality to the context menu and are not limited to one search engine. Simply a waste of time.
- (2017-05-12) Sam Lima: cant uderstand the translation, sorry
- (2016-09-11) Marco Rodriguez: it works, however, it has problems with apostrophes and those types of symbols... they dont show up correctly, but a bunch of stuff like "'" instead
- (2015-11-16) It's really good. It would be better if you could just change the icon. For the rest, it's really really a good extension. Thanks!
- (2015-10-09) Глебл Плюс: Simple and useful extension I was looking for.
- (2015-08-31) Kheng Lim: (Tested Aug. 31st 2015) The extension's User Interface is by far the best one out of all the ext. for Urban Dictionary. It does not create a new tab while searching for the definition which allows the user to keep reading seamlessly. Sadly, it does not work anymore as of the tested date. ISSUE: It does not fetch any definitions and says: Your internet might be down or *_____* is not defined yet :( Hopefully, the developer gives us an update.
- (2015-08-29) Tomasz Kielb: doesn't work
- (2015-08-28) Tim: Not able to define anything.
- (2014-12-22) Bumble Bee Tuna: it made my sad, unhealthy, internet life much easier..
- (2014-11-13) awesome and funny btw searching up zane
- (2014-10-06) Adrian Currier: simple and it works
- (2014-09-20) Phuong Pham: Great!
- (2013-11-28) Rio Wong: not working, only respond "Your internet might be down or Jew Up is not defined yet :(" all the time
- (2013-07-25) Srijan Gupta: Awesome extension to quickly get meanings.
- (2013-06-19) Shashish Chandra: A good extension.. very helpful, steady and quick.
- (2013-06-17) deepanshu batra: Great tool !
- (2018-04-15, v:1.5) SLOW
HOW DO I SPEED UP GAMES
- (2016-01-26, v:1.3) ansh: highlighted text
Hey can you make it so that it automatically inputs the highlighted text, like in google dictionary and other dictionary extensions.
- (2015-08-31, v:1.2) Kheng Lim: Needs to be updated or fixed
Your internet might be down or *word* is not defined yet :(
- (2015-08-27, v:1.2) chrl rmdn: is it just me or ...
Your internet might be down or ___ is not defined yet :(
- (2015-04-01, v:1.2) Arseniy Fokin: Doesn't display HTML Entities correctly
Doesn't display HTML Entities correctly Example ('hipster' search str): Hipsters are a subculture of men and women typically in their 20's and 30's that value independent thinking...
- (2015-02-09, v:1.2) extra functionality
it would be cool to have a right click function in chrome kind of like how tapping with two/three fingers on mac brings up the the dictionary. at the very least, a key+click shortcut would be nice so we don't have to display the UD icon.
- (2013-11-03, v:0.0.1.1) Alex Dunn: Your internet might be down of _____ hasn't been defined yet
when ever I search something it says "Your internet might be down of _____ hasn't been defined yet :(" My internet is working and I tried some word i know are defined and i got the same message