Easily view Urban Dictionary definitions as you browse the web.
What does "it's lit" mean? What are "dank memes"? Who is "Zoidberg"? Wonder no more! Stay in the loop and easily look up slang (words, phrases, acronyms, and more) on the internet's largest, crowd-sourced dictionary with the click of a button and without having to leave the page! This is the by far the best all-in-one Urban Dictionary search tool in the Chrome App Store. How to use: 1. Click on the blue UD button next to the search bar/omnibox. 2. A popup will appear - enter a word or phrase to search for in Urban Dictionary. - Tip: Highlight text first, then click the button, and popup will automatically open up with the search results ready! (saves you from typing extra) -- OR -- 1. Highlight text 2. Right click the text and select 'Search Urban Dictionary for [word]'. 3. Urban Dictionary search for the word opens in a new tab. Features: - search Urban Dictionary using the easy popup or by right clicking highlighted text. - Popup displays the top definition, usage/examples, related terms, author & date, and likes/dislikes of submission. - Popup includes link to the Urban Dictionary page for the queried term, link to Google search for the term, and a link to the UrbanDictionary.com home page. - Beautiful and elegant UI. UI and functionality inspired by Google's Google Dictionary extension. About Urban Dictionary: Urban Dictionary is the internet's largest crowd-sourced online dictionary of slang words and phrases, featuring over 7 million definitions (as of Jan 2014). [Warning: definitions are user submitted and may contain profanity and/or mature subject matter. Use with discretion.] Enjoy! :) Please leave feedback/suggestions/bugs, and a 5 star review if you like it! -- CHANGELOG -- 1.1.2 - 1/10/17 - minor changes to text. updated description. (note: the highlight-to-search feature may not work 100% of the time, we're working on fixing it. thanks for your patience!) 1.1.1 - 1/9/17 - changed color of like percentage to red if the definition has <50% likes. 1.1 - 1/9/17 - major bug fix: fixed bug where popup would not get selected text if page did not finish loading. popup should always be able to get selected text now. deleted unnecessary permissions. the extension should run faster now. if you see an error message it may most likely be a temporary internet disruption problem - try pressing the 'define' button again, or reload the page, or try again later. 1.0 - 1/9/17 - initial release
- (2020-04-03) ms skrudme: Not working, captures highlighted word but does not define it. Link to gogal search works though
- (2018-09-11) samuel humeau: Hi, The UI looks good but the tool doesn't work anymore. I can help developing it, that's a tool that I would use quite a bit ^^
- (2018-02-24) Phúc Trần: not working :((
- (2018-01-15) Stav Nir: Doesn't work.
- (2017-10-02) Syahmi Affandy: its good ! but better with inline popup like google dictionary. keep it great !
- (2017-09-03) K 'Stardust And The Spiders From Mars': Loved it until it stopped working...
- (2017-08-27) Not working!
- (2017-01-22) Vishal Satish: Beautiful UI/UX and extremely helpful!
- (2017-01-10) Mimi Tsui: this is a very nice extension. it lets me look up slang very easily, like what is "dank meme"