View definitions easily as you browse the web.
IMPORTANT: - The pop-up bubble will not work in tabs that were open prior to installation. After installing this extension, either reload your open tabs or restart Chrome. - Note that all extensions are disabled on Chrome Web Store pages (including this one). Do not test the extension on this page; it will not work! - If the extension is not working for you, please make sure it's up to date. Visit chrome://extensions/, click the "Update extensions now" button, then restart Chrome. ---------- With this extension, you can: 1) Double-click any word to view its definition in a small pop-up bubble. 2) View the complete definition of any word or phrase using the toolbar dictionary. 3) Store a history of words you've looked up, so you can practice them later. Foreign words are automatically translated to your language of choice. Supported dictionaries: - Arabic - Brazilian Portuguese - Chinese (Simplified) - Chinese (Traditional) - Czech - Dutch - English (UK) - English (US) - French - German - Hindi - Italian - Japanese - Korean - Russian - Slovak - Spanish - Turkish If you opt in (via the options page), this extension will store a history of all your looked-up words and their definitions. You can download this history as a CSV file at any time. In addition, you can allow other Chrome extensions to access this history. For example, a third-party extension could produce flashcards to help you practice words you've looked up before. By installing this extension, you agree to the Terms of Service: https://www.google.com/policies/terms Having problems with this extension? If the suggestions above didn't work, please fill out a problem report: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/support/mgijmajocgfcbeboacabfgobmjgjcoja
- (2020-06-30) Nelson Luis Avalos Villa: Excelente, lo recomiendo
- (2020-06-30) TIM RUM: Doesn't work at all on my end
- (2020-06-27) Riddhi 's Vlogs: It did not work for me at all.........
- (2020-06-23) Sandhya Raj: hope helpfull
- (2020-06-23) NARA: Great extension for sure. One suggestion though: I hope i could use the double click feature on EPUB READER extensions as well. Feature very needed. Will save so much time. Thanks!
- (2020-04-12) 三口維: 繁體中文無法顯示
- (2020-04-12) Chloe Wong: The traditional chinese translation is not working! It keeps showing 'searching' and no translation done.
- (2020-04-11) Dimple Jiang: Chinese Traditional is now not working... 繁體中午現在一直無法顯示！
- (2020-04-11) Ridha Almishari: I was waiting for this wonderful extension, it's great and helpful.
- (2020-04-10) Ava Chou: 目前版本繁體中文不能正常顯示
- (2020-04-10) Catherine Holloway: Unable to translate from English to traditional Chinese in the recent few weeks.
- (2020-04-10) RZ Fang: Bug ? (chinese traditional) background.min.js:9 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'replace' of undefined at L (background.min.js:9) at F (background.min.js:7) at background.min.js:3 at background.min.js:5 at cb=gapi.loaded_0:944 at cb=gapi.loaded_0:931 at Object.<anonymous> (cb=gapi.loaded_0:310) at Object.u.__cb (cb=gapi.loaded_0:219) at d (cb=gapi.loaded_0:213) at b (cb=gapi.loaded_0:208)
- (2020-04-09) Hok Tai Chan: Traditional Chinese version is not working anymore, please fix.
- (2020-04-08) Cheng-yeh Yen: Please fix traditional Chinese problem. Thanks.
- (2020-04-08) 鄭有欽: 之前繁體翻譯還一切正常地說，現在只能選擇簡體翻譯才出的來，選用繁體翻譯永遠只會出現『Searching』的字樣。
- (2020-04-08) Chih-Yian Leu: 4/1更新後，好像在Chrome上就只會一直出現searching，不會跑出資料。
- (2020-04-07) Eason Lin: Chinese(Traditional) always loading
- (2020-04-07) 宋竑漢: Doesn't work for Chinese (Traditional) recently
- (2020-04-07) Kenmux Lee: 最新版本v4.1.2連pop-up都懶的出來了。其他語言都可以，包括簡中，唯獨繁中不行。換回v4.0.9又是沒問題的。
- (2020-04-07) 胡競中: 繁中機能壞了，請盡速修理
- (2020-04-06) Chijonli Li: 請問最近繁體的翻譯功能是不是有問題？ 我切換了其他語言都正常，只有繁體時會一直卡在searching。
- (2020-04-06) T Roy: Google Dictionary:searching.....(about 5 minutes) Me : Delete from extensions....
- (2020-04-05) 于千庭: Doesn't work for Chinese (Traditional) recently 最近一周繁體中文功能都無法正常運作，希望能更新一下
- (2020-04-05) winest winest: Doesn't work for Chinese (Traditional) for few months
- (2020-04-05) Phil Yeung: Where is the Chinese traditional gone??? this use to be so good, and now is not working???
- (2020-07-07, v:4.1.5) Aleksey Tsalolikhin: Provide all definitions and etymology (derivation) of the word
Hello, Could you please provide all definitions and the derivation in the yellow pop-up? Right now I need to click through to the Google Dictionary web site to get full conceptual understanding of the word. It'd be nice if I could see it all in the pop-up. Thanks, Aleksey
- (2020-07-07, v:4.1.5) Otis Kendall Jr.: looling for kalvin brooks inmate sarcamento county jail
fine inmate kalvin brooks
- (2020-07-01, v:4.1.5) الدواء الطبيعي: sort words in the history
could sort the words in the dictionary history according to the Translated first not just alphabetically and adding more sorting options
- (2020-07-01, v:4.1.5) الدواء الطبيعي: sort words in the history
I Is there a way to sort the words in the dictionary history according to the Translated first and not alphabetically and adding other sorting options
- (2020-07-01, v:4.1.5) الدواء الطبيعي: sort the words in the dictionary
Is there a way to sort the words in the history of dictionary by date of ? creation, not alphabetical thanks alot
- (2020-06-23, v:4.1.5) Saziso Mjungula: About grant for covid19 350
I called the whole day .my name is Mvumikazi simoyi my ID Number is 10090746082
- (2020-06-23, v:4.1.5) Andrew Hacker: Add a back-button to the definition pop-up box
I absolutely love that, after I double click on a word and get the "definition pop-up box", I can then double-click on any word *in* the pop-up box and then get the definition for that word too. I am a primary school teacher and often students will look up a definition, only to find they need to look up a word *in* that definition itself that they do not know. This would be fantastic if they could do this, and then after they have looked up the second (or third or fourth...) word definition, they could just click a "back button" inside the "definition pop-up box" so that they could easily get back to the earlier definition(s). Thanks for a fantastic extension!
- (2020-06-13, v:4.1.5) Khanathid Boonyapho: Can we add more language ?
I need to use thai language , Because i can't pick that and can't edit form html . Thank you
- (2020-06-05, v:4.1.5) Christopher Marschik: Pop up box does not scale with lenght of translated text
When translating a longer text passage the pop up box containing the translation does not scale at all with the length (size) of the content.
- (2020-06-03, v:4.1.5) Matt Bogdanow: Decarceration
"Decarceration" is a word, and the fact that Google does not recognize it as such is not just negligent, but dangerous in this political moment. There are many resources for exploring decarceration online. Here's one definition from Oxford Reference: "Decarceration is a government policy of reducing either the number of persons imprisoned or the rate of imprisonment in a given jurisdiction. It may also be described as the process of removing people from institutions such as prisons or mental hospitals. It is the opposite of incarceration. In the middle of the twentieth century, this became a central feature in the reorganization of social control, and is closely allied to programmes of community care and community control. Another linked concept is transcarceration, in which people are moved sideways from one kind of institution to another." https://www.oxfordreference.com/view/10.1093/oi/authority.20110803095705401 Here it is on US Legal: https://definitions.uslegal.com/d/decarceration/ Please add "decarceration" to the Google dictionary, and stop putting that dotted red line under this critically important word. Thank you for your time
- (2020-05-24, v:4.1.5) barry sheen: browser
very easy and great to use
- (2020-05-22, v:4.1.5) José Ivan Damasceno Vigorena: Error
1. Access to XMLHttpRequest at 'https://clients5.google.com/translate_a/t?client=dict-chrome-ex&sl=auto&tl=pt-BR&q=tivesse' from origin 'chrome-extension://mgijmajocgfcbeboacabfgobmjgjcoja' has been blocked by CORS policy: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. 2. A cookie associated with a cross-site resource at http://google.com/ was set without the `SameSite` attribute. A future release of Chrome will only deliver cookies with cross-site requests if they are set with `SameSite=None` and `Secure`. You can review cookies in developer tools under Application>Storage>Cookies and see more details at https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5088147346030592 and https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5633521622188032.
- (2020-05-21, v:4.1.5) Suraj Semwal: Favourite Word
Sir, kindly add a feature named "Saved" so that people could add favourite word in google dictionary.
- (2020-05-14, v:4.1.5) Aphricannxdoll: t
it wont let me download it
- (2020-05-11, v:4.1.5) Subodh Verma: Tab mode
In tab mode of my hp 360, neither double click (double touch by finger) on a word nor selecting the word pops up definition. While in desktop mode it works like a charm. What am I doing wrong?
- (2020-05-07, v:4.1.5) Sercan Sakalli: How can I use the google dictionary while reading pdf files?
How can I use the google dictionary while reading pdf files?
- (2020-05-04, v:4.1.5) Bilâl Güvenç: Please Support Dark Theme
Please support dark theme
- (2020-05-04, v:4.1.5) Bilâl Güvenç: Add Translate Into and Add Mouse Hover Pop-up Definition
Google dictionary in the Google search has "Translate Into" feature and it seems this extension, Google dictionary, uses same API. Please add translate into feature in this extension too. Please add "Display pop-up when I hover a word" to pop-up definitions. Thank you for adding Turkish as my language. Old post: 2 Jun 2014 Add Mouse Hover and Add Turkish Dic. Please add mouse hover definition for words, a lot of people uses google toolbar just because of there is no mouse hover definition at chrome extensions. Please add Turkish as my language because it can translate Turkish words to English now so this means it also could translate vice versa.
- (2020-04-30, v:4.1.5) Daniel Rios Couto: Set different dic
Hi, is there a way to define a language different from the browser?
- (2020-04-29, v:4.1.5) August: please add furiga please (Japanese)
- (2020-04-25, v:4.1.5) Chris Chros: multilanguage
add the possibility to add multiple language or at least 2 language
- (2020-04-23, v:4.1.5) Renliang Gu: It is broken now.
Always showing "No definition found."
- (2020-04-17, v:4.1.5) Peggy England: Hulu
How can I cancel Hulu? I have tried many, many times and cannot find the way to do this. I would like a refund, as you will see, it has never been used. Thanks. Peggy England.
- (2020-04-12, v:4.1.2) rattsbreath1: MS Edge OS
How can I get this extention on MS Edge OS?
- (2020-04-12, v:4.1.2) Angel Wong: When will the translations to Traditional Chinese be fixed?
People keeps complaining for a couple of weeks and the problem still remains unsolved. Had the Google developers ever tried to fix it?