Adds relevant YouTube videos to Wikipedia.
Adds relevant YouTube videos to Wikipedia. Simple. Completely unobtrusive, easy to use, WikiTube ads a new dimension to Wikipedia. WikiTube makes Wikipedia both more fun and informative. Featured by Lifehacker * http://lifehacker.com/wikitube-supplements-wikipedia-articles-with-youtube-vi-1261343388 Featured by CNET * http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-57602026-285/improve-your-research-efforts-with-wikitube/ Featured by Softpedia * http://news.softpedia.com/news/WikiTube-Merges-Wikipedia-with-YouTube-the-Best-of-Both-Worlds-381497.shtml Featured by ghacks.net * http://www.ghacks.net/2013/09/01/wikitube-adds-youtube-videos-wikipedia-articles/ ✓ Privacy guaranteed
- (2020-07-03) Mikko Räsänen: Doesn't work at all on latest Chrome
- (2019-07-15) Cupricus Salendrough: Awesome idea, allows wikipedia articles to be even more information dense, and offers quick access to additional information not provided by wikipedia by adding YouTube videos to a scrollable horizontal bar at the top of the article. Unfortunately, this last week or so I can't get it to work on Wikipedia pages on Chromium 75. I can't find an alternative for Firefox that does the same thing.
- (2017-02-20) Jeremy Schaaf: I find a lot of use in this extension.
- (2016-11-29) Женя Карташов: Отстой, большенство роликов на иностранном...
- (2016-06-03) sahil grover: Really good idea and implementation
- (2016-06-03) Dara Javaherian: Great idea!
- (2016-05-22) Andrew Buolo: It Good
- (2016-02-01) ВАСЯ пупкин: Очень удобно! Не совсем то, что я искал, но удобно.
- (2015-12-13) mix: still works!
- (2015-11-04) Igor R.: Заметно затрудняет загрузку wiki страниц, но в целом неплохо.
- (2015-08-29) Слава Крюков: довольно таки интерестно
- (2014-10-08) 原尼美: 方便，喜欢Wikipedia和YouTube~
- (2014-08-09) PERCETAKAN ID CARD: thanks
- (2014-07-17) Sepehr Ariamehr: niiiiiicccce
- (2014-05-06) Neil Guard: I have to agree with many here, this is a fantastic Chrome extension. Provided there's a relevant YouTube video out there, WikiTube will automatically add 3 videos to the top of the Wikipedia page you are currently reading. If you want to see more related YouTube videos simply scroll right, and click on the + icon to get more videos. Great!!
- (2014-04-25) Cristian Vincenzini: It is just wonderful!
- (2014-04-04) Sameh Samir: gr8
- (2014-03-08) Mark McDonald: Excellent plugin but this should not need access to information on all sites.
- (2014-01-28) Oscar Eduardo Martinez Sanchez: No puedo estar mas satisfecho!!!
- (2013-11-07) Paul Myburgh: Makes Wikipedia so much more awesome. Thank you
- (2013-09-19) Dave Basener: OK. So I think it is a good idea, but I am uncomfortable with the level of access requested. If its use is to display videos on Wikipedia, why does it need to "Access your data on all websites." I will be removing it.
- (2013-09-14) Ger Dunne: Fab exactly what i was looking for.
- (2013-09-08) M Scott Adams: One of the most clever ideas for an extension I've seen. Still some issues to iron out- occasionally breaks the Wikipedia CSS, necessitating a refresh, and occasionally the thumbnails for the videos don't load- but these are fixable! Ingenious.
- (2013-09-04) Natalja Kolodija: Супер расширение! Ставлю пять звезд!
- (2013-09-03) Enrique Baltodano: excelente¡
- (2020-07-14, v:3.0) 01! 8: Currently not working
Videos simply do not show up at top of page. No other bugs etc. that I've discovered. Version 83.0.4103.116 (Official Build) (64-bit). With or without other extensions.
- (2019-10-16, v:3.0) Arthur Aleksanian: Will it be working someday or it's the end, guys?
Not only my question, but extension in broken now
- (2019-07-09, v:3.0) Ignatius Vaz: Wikitube not showing you tube videos on top of Wikipedia page.
Wikitube not showing you tube videos on top of Wikipedia page. Have installed, reinstalled, uninstalled but no luck. Google Chrome Version 75.0.3770.100 (Official Build) (32-bit). Have also reinstalled Chorme.
- (2019-04-06, v:3.0) Stefan Edwards: not working !!
not working !!!
- (2019-04-01, v:3.0) Arturo Garza: its not work actually
i updated the extension, but it even work after that, I do not know if it's a next update because before it worked well
- (2018-04-18, v:3.0) Dirk Diggler: AWESOME.... Yet.... Why?.... HUH?
AWESOME! Been using it since it was made available. Only problem I have with it is the fact that they've not yet coded it for Mozilla's Browser which is an absolute Shame/Crime. !?! WHAT WILL IT TAKE !?!
- (2018-03-31, v:3.0) No me funciona
No me funciona en el navegador Slimjet
- (2016-03-14, v:3.0) Parash Loya: compatibility
not accessible in wikiwand
- (2015-09-14, v:3.0) Riaz Ali: Clean Fitting Videos
On 'wiki_tube.js' line 79, I think 'Math.ceil' would be improved by changing it to 'Math.floor', so that the video thumbnails with the '+' sign all cleanly fit by default, without always cropping the last thumbnail and hiding the '+' sign that requires using the horizontal scrollbar. Also, if you ever want it, I added Wikiwand support here: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/12423-wikitube-youtube-on-wikipedia-wikiwand/code
- (2015-08-28, v:3.0) kaviya karthikeyan: want a answer
how to install wikitube
- (2015-04-21, v:2.6) sara coverdale: youtube api changing
I keep getting some videos that say the youtube api is changing and this device or app will no longer be supported and to go to youtube.com/devicesupport for more info. Thought I'd give you a heads up in case you didn't know since this ext is one of my favorite and most used.