Search on multiple websites, instantly. An ideal companion for power searchers.
- Want to quickly learn about a new movie on your favorite review websites? - Need to look at several dictionaries for a definition that finally clicks? - Tired of typing the same search term again and again? *** Then Instant Multi Search is for you *** #HOW TO USE# - Type m and Space/Tab in the address bar - Enter your search - Profit. The results open up in multiple tabs. #FEATURES# - Lightning fast and lightweight (< 30KB). - Pick a category by typing its keyword followed by your search. - Use built-in categories such as "Movie Reviews", "Shopping", etc. - Customize or create your own categories. - Get research suggestions from Google Autocomplete. - Only search via the Chrome address bar, which is the best tool for the job. No cheesy buttons and HTML overlays used by other Search extensions. - The options panel uses the same Chrome UI that you use every day.
- (2020-03-27) Vaclav Dekanovsky: It helps me to see if the desired picture is in 10 photobanks. CTLR+N to get a new window, m "Picture content" and immediately I get results from all photobanks, I quickly go through them and when I'm done I simply close the chrome window. It saves a lot of time
- (2020-03-20) Thize Neeyee: It would be nice if we can use a different hotkey to trigger the search. Using "M" means I have to take my left hand out of position to press the "M" then reposition my hand back into position to type. Keys Q, W,E,R,T or Y would be a better key to trigger the search.
- (2020-02-12) Myung Sam Ku: THIS IS WHAT I've searched for.
- (2020-02-08) Burak: That was the thing that I exactly need!
- (2020-01-11) Martim Afonso: Incribel!
- (2019-12-05) Jarod Zhang: Very useful tool, I replaced the FluentForever multi-search tool with it already. If the developer could add the "select and right click to search" function(adding it to the left-click drop-down menu), this tool will be even greater!
- (2019-12-04) Mike: I use this to search multiple website's inventories at work and it is a life saver. Highly recommend to anyone who often needs to search multiple sites!
- (2019-11-03) kieu oanh: I love it, it's very useful <3
- (2019-09-23) minh tien: cám ơn chân thành đến nhà phát triển...
- (2019-08-29) Celia Castillo: This is amazing. If it were possible to trigger the multiple search by selecting text on any app and pressing a specific shortcut, my life would be complete.
- (2019-06-30) Gronso Bitburg: This needs a way to swap quickly between categories. Even allowing options from the toolbar would help. Because having to go into options and clicking and saving each time i need to chage the search category is an absolute pain.
- (2019-05-22) Golden Eyes: i know well its been a while since it was last updated, but still works great! and exactly it does what i expected it to do! if you want to simply search for something based on your personal engines. this is the best for you!
- (2019-05-17) Steve Bendshadler: Edit: I didn't realize I needed to include the full search URL for each site and replace the query with %s. The instructions could perhaps be a bit more clear on that. It works wonderfully now. Previous review: Added several URLs to a new category. It opens the sites but does not actually execute the search on any of them. Clearly it lacks compatibility. Love the concept. It's likely related to how each site is coded.
- (2019-03-19) M D: THIS is so helpful!!
- (2019-03-16) ★★★★★
- (2018-12-20) Martin Lichtblau: Great idea and simple execution. I use it to search on multiple social media plattforms and for word translation and dictionary lookup at once. *Everything is possible!*
- (2018-10-23) Ivo Simeonov: This is exactly what I need! Just search with a single key phrase in multiple search engines for the same term... However it just doesn't work (at least with Chrome 69). When I go to the search engines list in Chrome this is what I get: Search engines added by extensions Instant Multi Search m It only shows the default search engine collection that comes pre-set with the exension. When you add a new one, it doesn't work. Change the keyword from "m" to anything else? Doesn't work. Try any of the other default search keywords in the extension? Doesn't work... Is there a way to circumvent this, or is the extension abandoned ( :( I hope note since I've been looking all day and nothing comes closer to what I want to do than this). Conceptually this is the perfect power search users' extension, however practically it doesn't work at the moment :( Please fix it! Love this one, and if fixed I promise to donate :)
- (2018-07-30) mark audacity romberg: Only one of my search keys works, all the rest if I type the key and hit tab, it fills Chrome's first autosuggestion instead of activating multi search.
- (2018-07-30) Peter Anderson: Very nice 3 years since last update so this is a long shot: Would you consider implementing multiple key support to boost useabiity?
- (2018-06-12) จิรสิน ชาติวิเศษ: ดีมากๆ เพราะผมใช้ค้นรูปภาพและการออกเสียงไปพร้อมกัน ฝึกภาษา
- (2018-05-11) Gábor Klement: Can't express how I love this.
- (2018-04-12) Daniel Turner-Lloveras: love it use it
- (2018-04-04) Gersivan Oliveira: Ótima, bem útil em muitas situações de uso. CONTRA: Faltou só uma forma mais prática de adicionar os mecanismos de busca para usuários comuns. Backup.
- (2018-03-06) Dexter Cuad: Nothing to say yet i dint try it,just good job
- (2018-01-24) Brandon MacKendrick: It is pretty good, and I use it all the time. However, sometimes, when I try to save a new group, I'll paste in the search group, and scroll down and click done, and then when I try to use it, it doesn't work. I'll go back in, and the whole thing has vanished - it never saved. A 'save' button per group might be nice, that force saves the group, so you know it's in there to stay.
- (2020-01-12, v:0.1.0.5) Greg Waxler: Reusing the same tabs
Good morning, First off, thanks so much, I really love this extension. I'm not sure if its me, but I seem to not be able to use the same tabs when doing different searches under the same category. For example. while searching different stocks where s is my category: m (tab/space)s TSLA (Tesla) - My nine site tabs come up perfectly My second search, lets say I type m (tab/space)s MSFT (Microsoft)- I'm getting nine more tabs, when all I want is for my previous tabs to refresh. It reads as if it should work when inserting my category letter but maybe I'm reading it wrong. Thanks so much for your time and effort
- (2019-12-05, v:0.1.0.5) Jarod Zhang: Possible to add it to the right-click dropdown menu
Every time I need to search a keyword, I still need to open a new tab, activate the extension, then type or paste the keyword. Can you add "search this word" in the right click drop down menu? So when I see a word I would like to search on a webpage, I can directly select , right click and search. I think this would be benefit a lot of people.
- (2019-09-06, v:0.1.0.5) Miroslav Makarov: shortcut doesn't work
if I type the first letter (s for shopping etc), instead of activating your extension, chrome is filling it with it's own stuff. Basically I can't activate your extension by typing into nav bar (s space etc). May I activated some chrome special feature in the past which overwrites it? Any ideas, tips? Thanks a lot...
- (2019-06-27, v:0.1.0.5) bjorn fokker: how to find the %s link
Hello, ive found the %s link for 4 websites but cant find it for kadastralekaart.com
- (2019-03-15, v:0.1.0.5) Howard Uong: Is it possible to have an option to open the search in a new window?
Hi, Since the users has many tabs in the current working window, there are times they may search for a very specific topic (such as finance, investments, healthcare) with a bunch of new tabs. It would be nice to have an option to open in a new window (many tabs) just to deal with this specific topic and the search result will not clutter the current window which is already busy enough. Thanks.
- (2019-03-15, v:0.1.0.5) Howard Uong: It looks like only the 1st %s in the URL is replaced by actual value
This is the query with two %s: https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/%s/analysis?p=%s This is the actual URL after %s replaced by HAL https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/HAL/analysis?p=%s Problem description: The 2nd %s (at the end of the URL) is not replaced by HAL as expected
- (2019-01-25, v:0.1.0.5) Martin Lichtblau: Read/Write Permission
Why does the extension "read and change all your data on websites you visit"? I don't see why it needs that. Please remove.
- (2018-11-27, v:0.1.0.5) Allen Beasley: Right click menu ability
Would it be possible to make this search feature work in the right click menu when highlighting a work? I would like to highlight a word and have it open multiple tabs of search results.
- (2018-11-15, v:0.1.0.5) Dielle Industrial Automation: Shared Categories
Hello, we are using this extension and it is just great! I would like to know if would be possible to have shared categories between our team , so when a team member add a new link then all the team will have the new link instead of adding it on each computer.
- (2018-09-11, v:0.1.0.5) Yehlin Lee: multiple %s in URL?
I have a site search result like this: https://tw.bid.yahoo.com/search/auction/product?kw=%s&p=%s but the plugin only opens up with the first search term replaced, not the second.
- (2018-07-30, v:0.1.0.5) mark audacity romberg: Keywords don't work
when I type a keyword and hit tab, it selects the Google autosuggestion with that letter in it. Is there a way to engage IMS without keywords?
- (2018-07-08, v:0.1.0.5) Goodfellow Rose: Keyword search not working
Hi, I'm quite new to this and struggling a little! Would be very grateful for help. I have installed the extension and added the following urls to a category called 'plants' : https://davesgarden.com/%s https://www.crocus.co.uk/%s http://www.theenglishgarden.co.uk/%s I then search for a keyword ("hosta" for example). For some reason, all 3 pages open with a "Ooops... Error 404" message. What am I doing wrong? Thanks! Rose