The missing search for Google Play Books
Filter Google Play Books by title or author. For far too long, we have been burdened by not being able to search our uploaded Google Play Books results. Installing the extension, you are now presented with a search box, that upon typing, filters your currently loaded Google Books results by title or author. Not great, but it's a vast improvement, IMO. ** New in version 1.3.1** Another fix. Today I noticed the extension not showing up at all. Figured out it was buried under the other UI. Increased the z-index so it sits on top again. ** New in version 1.3.0** Fixed broken functionality of extension. Google updated the way they generate CSS class names on the page, which completely broke the functionality of the extension and will make it more difficult to main going forward. ** New in version 1.2.0 ** - Tooltip to inform you how many books match your current filter and how many books you currently have loaded. In the course of developing this extension, I have discovered there is a limit to 1000 books you are allow to upload to Google Books. Therefore, this extension, once all your books are loaded, shows you how many you have toward your quota of 1000.
- (2020-08-11) Laiba Ahmad: As far as I can tell, other people aren't having this problem so it might be something I'm doing wrong, but this is not working at all. No matter what I type or how long I let the page load, the result is always "Displaying 0 of 0 total books loaded" Refreshing the page didn't help, and neither did removing and re-installing the extension. I even tried turning my Adblock off, in case that was the problem. If this glitch is fixed, this extension would be very useful, but until then this is 1-2 star rating from me.
- (2020-07-18) Findlaigh Shawe: Bloody brilliant. Elegant. Simple No verbs were harmed in the composition of this review
- (2020-02-08) Ferdinando Viscovo: grazie è utilissima
- (2019-06-13) Jaime Alves: Excellent software, it helped me a lot to organize my library! I'm sorry that after the last Google Books update, it stopped working.
- (2019-04-15) Vikram Sharma: Does't work.
- (2018-12-17) Rahul Bhandari: Thank you thank you thank you
- (2018-11-01) Bill Chan: Splendid. Now I can find my book and not search my books anymore.
- (2018-09-07) Leonardo Maranhão: Google should at least learn from this. Thanks man!
- (2018-08-29) Donna Ryan: Thank you so much for making this and sharing it. It's extremely helpful and I am so very grateful. It's made looking for a book I've uploaded immensely easier. Well done!
- (2018-05-25) Leslie Cristopher: Thanks for the updates,been using it for quite some time now!
- (2018-05-06) Ashbanapal: Nice!
- (2018-04-14) Chris Johnson: How Google should have done it to begin with. Great work
- (2018-03-11) Vicente Puche: [email protected]
- (2018-02-16) Jonathan Dankoff: Fantastic.
- (2018-02-09) Sheryl Coe - Reportica: ***** Works just fine. Although I would love it if Google included this feature for uploaded books, your extension does the job. Thank you.
- (2018-01-28) Patrick Cox: Excellent little addition to Google Play Books - a way to search my books by author or title. Otherwise I'm left scrolling and scrolling. Next, make an extensions so I can have something other than black text on a white background! :)
- (2017-12-23) Ray Ray: Great to be able to filter through my library. Hopefully will add sort by title and sort by author soon. I don't know why google has dropped the ball on being able to organize and find things in the library. #googlehalfbaked
- (2017-12-12) Vic A. Russell: This is exactly what I needed! I will make sure to let others know about this extension. Thanks for making reading on google books better.
- (2017-12-03) Vikarti Anatra: Thank you so much for making web interface of Play Books slightly more usable. This (and many others) feature should be in Play Books from the beginning!
- (2017-12-03) Shari Fuechsl: Works great! Definitely a lifesaver. Thank you for making this!
- (2017-10-31) Eve Kinyua: Absolute lifesaver!Thank you so much.
- (2017-10-29) Leif Halvard Silli: A godsend! Really helps me in my thesis writing, too.
- (2017-10-27) Javier Infante Rosselot: Thank you so much!!! great job!
- (2017-06-14) Mohamed Gouda: it's a nice to found who is can help to giving us a good electronic knowledge, thanks.
- (2017-05-20) Tobias Locsei: Thank you so much for writing this! It's a huge timesaver because my library had grown to the point where it was hard to find things.
- (2017-04-29) Could use a better style to exactly match the existing UI components. Also the position attribute for the injected div should be "absolute" not "fixed". Otherwise perfect.
- (2017-01-20) Alejandro Vargas: It is very useful, although it would be cool to enable it to hide when scrolling down and show up wen scrolling up... Or some kind of hide/show feature.
- (2016-10-05) Wan Hang Yeung: it works like a charm!
- (2019-04-12, v:1.4.1) Postkasten T: Broken again :(
Just want to let you know: Addon is broken again. Googe changed the page structure. But they got rid of the endless scrolling page now. Cheers Hans
- (2019-03-31, v:1.4.1) Postkasten T: Broken again due to page changes?
The extension seems to be broken again as Googe changed the page structure. But they got rid of the endless scrolling page now.
- (2018-05-23, v:1.4.0) Steve Cadman: problem
same here "An error has occurred". Package is invalid. Details: 'Could not load extension icon 'icons/icon16.png'. '.
- (2018-05-23, v:1.4.0) Ron Smith: Couldn't add to Chrome
Got the message "An error has occurred". Package is invalid. Details: 'Could not load extension icon 'icons/icon16.png'. '.
- (2018-05-12, v:1.3.1) Bobby McCanne: Does not perform search
Regardless of the input, it just says "Displaying 0 of 0 total books loaded." I assume Google changed the class names again and the new one need to be found and substituted.
- (2018-01-13, v:1.3.1) Maurice Zwarts: the bar does not appear anymore
Hello, one week ago I found it, it appeared on my google play books with my books. I did try a search and worked marvously. but not it does not appear anymore. even when I delete the extension to add it again it does not show up. did google made another change which breaks it ? thanks, PS : the extension was great
- (2017-12-23, v:1.3.1) Ray Ray: sort
Thanks so much for providing this. It's so helpful to be able to filter. Would love it if you could add sort (sort by author, sort by title). Thx!!
- (2017-12-22, v:1.3.1) Vikarti Anatra: Stopped to show
Search bar suddenly stopped to show in Play Books
- (2017-12-20, v:1.3.1) metadata
hi, this is exactly the feature I've been bugging Google for. Searching my own damn books seems so straightforward, but google doesn't do straightforward. What I'm still missing is a way to edit the metadata of my books. Title and author aren't always correctly loaded whenever you add books to your library, and your search would miss books if their metadata wasn't correct. Any way to incorporate that?
- (2017-12-15, v:1.3.1) Bruce Richardson: getting book to play past page 90
My book Energetic Boundaries will not play past page 90 or so