View Image and Search by Image is back!
Do you miss the "View image" and "Search by image" buttons from Google Images? This little extension brings them back. Yeah, screw Getty and their shitty policy. If you like the extension, be sure to spread the word and if you'd like to help me and buy me a drink, here's my Paypal: https://www.paypal.me/kasetavhs Some keywords for SEO purposes: restoring google image search, view image, search by image. PS. This is probably not the most efficient way to make this kind of extension, but I took an easy route. There are no any kind of trackers, I don't collect any data, you can check the source by yourself. Extension is around 60 lines long and I could probably do it smaller, but I like when my code is readable. Enjoy!
- (2019-10-06) Юлия Шарова: не работает
- (2019-01-09) Angelos Stamatakis: Does not work.
- (2018-05-06) BIOS-Pherecydes: Didn't work.
- (2018-02-17) Doug Sapp: I would have preferred that Google blocked all Getty images instead of removing the "View Image" button. No one wants to see those anyway.
- (2018-02-17) Zenek Kowalski: It cured the cancer I got from the latest google update.
- (2018-02-17) mobicube: Sweet, thanks for this. I'm tired of google taking our stuff away.
- (2018-02-17) Pranoy Sarkar: Nice feature, by this i got to know that many people are use may youtube video
- (2018-04-17, v:1.1) Alex Pillar: Not working
Not working for me.
- (2018-04-09, v:1.1) Molly Millions: Not working here as well
Also not working after recent updates to chrome
- (2018-03-23, v:1.1) Josh R: not working here either
ditto previous person. not working on 65.0.3325.162
- (2018-03-19, v:1.1) mobicube: Not Working
No longer works after chrome update Version 65.0.3325.162
- (2018-02-26, v:1.1) Xane Myers: Full-screen image result pages aren't modified.
I sometimes open an image in a new tab using CTRL-click when I'm still looking for other pictures. I've noticed this opens a full-screen page with an option to visit the website, but no "view image" or anything this extension adds to the normal version. By this, I mean pages like this: https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fvignette.wikia.nocookie.net%2Fnonnontv%2Fimages%2Fa%2Fae%2FKomari.jpg%2Frevision%2Flatest%3Fcb%3D20150818211745&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fnonnontv.wikia.com%2Fwiki%2FFile%3AKomari.jpg&docid=ClhwEkyvp_KQFM&tbnid=dZM7VCcvtCTczM%3A&vet=10ahUKEwjD6sSHwcTZAhXwdN8KHVWJDAAQMwhBKAowCg..i&w=1280&h=720&bih=772&biw=1536&q=non%20non%20biyori%20Komari%20milk%20episode%205&ved=0ahUKEwjD6sSHwcTZAhXwdN8KHVWJDAAQMwhBKAowCg&iact=mrc&uact=8
- (2018-02-20, v:1.1) Media Tech: Can you restore the photo index of images
Can you restore the photo index of images of all the various sizes and sites posted. This would appear when you clicked on the image dimension under the title.
- (2018-02-19, v:1.0.2) Warmuser: Doesn't work..
Please, add the support to Chrome v64..