This extension searches for selected text on English Wiktionary via right-click and shows the result on a new 'passive' tab
This extension adds a new item to the text selection context menu of your Google Chrome. When clicked; a new "passive" tab will be opened on your current Chrome window with Wiktionary search result of the selected text. Just select a text and right click on it. You will see "Search Wiktionary for <..>" on the context menu. The item is "enriched" with a nice icon for your context menu :) Enjoy!
- (2019-12-17) DiskSystem: Would love for the ability to choose which language it defaults to. Lots of non-english speakers are using this extension.
- (2019-04-20) YPSILON Z: Works as described. Right-click, search Wiktionary for "word", and voila! Just what I needed :-)
- (2018-01-03) Hugh Hyatt: Doesn't seem to work. Right-clock never offers to look up selected word on Wiktionary.
- (2017-01-23) Neslihan Atabek: A very user-friendly, handy, and smart tool. Useful in both daily web usage and work-related situations.
- (2017-01-23) Lycian Sage: Cool. This was much needed.