Builds a command line for 'curl/wget' tools to enable the download of data on a console only session.
CurlWget is a little plugin that provides a 'curl' or 'wget' command line string to copy/paste on a console only session (like a unix/linux remote shell). --The "Ask where to save each file before downloading" MUST be checked on the Chrome Settings so the CurlWget will be able to intercept the download window. You may cancel the download then click on the CurlWget yellow button to retrieve the download link; click on it once to select it and right-click/copy. Note: -It is still a work in progress. If you find a scenario where it does not work as expected feel free to drop me a notice with the download adress/action that failed to fulfill and I'll look into it. -There are websites specifically blocking the use of this kind of tool. Some other sites are using "authentication" methods that Chrome forbids in developing extensions for. Keywords for it: "cliget" "wget" "terminal" "curl" "command line" v0.11 - fixed to work with Chrome v72+ v0.10.5 - minor improvement for some 'non working' reported sites v0.10.4 - fixed typo in variable name causing random bad behavior v0.10.3 - fixed previously broken functionalities with some websites/localization issues/options v0.10.0 - improved compatibility with chrome forked browsers v0.9.2 - minor corrections on text and captions v0.9.1 - attempt to fix the "corrupted extension" for Chrome 60+ v0.9 - selection range fixed (+ paypal button:))
- (2019-11-14) Ruben Wolff: This extension is the only way i could find to wget google drive files in linux. Life saver
- (2019-04-16) Leon Brooks: Installed it but keep getting the message it first needs the download message to be initiated.
- (2019-03-17) Chad: Exactly what I needed, great job.
- (2019-03-10) Ahmed Wael: YOU DESERVE A MEDAL !
- (2019-02-22) Senthil Gandhi: Life saver!
- (2019-02-10) Henrique Corrêa: It doesn't work anymore with Google Drive... it gives me a 404 error..
- (2018-12-28) Weekend Wang: Added to Chrome and gave it a try. And Cheers! That's what I want!
- (2018-10-10) Albert Higgins: Great, although blocks my browser if it doesn't catch the download link, meaning you have to remove and reinstall the extension. Great otherwise though!
- (2018-07-14) Christoph Rackwitz: maybe add a context menu item so I can generate a command line for any link, and don't have to have "ask for download location" enabled also: for windows systems, please use double quotes (") for the command line
- (2018-06-23) Stelios Tsarsitalidis: Worked exactly as it sais and as I needed! Thanks!
- (2018-05-08) Colin Kong: Was great extension. But 0.10.0 stopped getting the correct "-O" option for file name. It should get "-O" file name from the title page like before. Also not removing non English characters like Chinese would be nice as well. This last update is very disappointing indeed I had to roll back to curlwget_0.9.2.crx as 0.10.0 is broken Very quick fix so now back to latest version :)
- (2018-05-02) Rich Riley: Very useful! This will save me a lot of time..
- (2018-05-01) Santiago Magariños: Awesome tool. Solved my issue of trying to get big files on my cloud pc. Could not have done it without it!
- (2018-04-27) Mirodil: love it
- (2018-04-18) Randy Thomas: Can't figure it out. I don't need wget or curl to download one file, I want to do a recursive mirror of a website from the page I'm on down (same domain only.) I know how to do it in wget, but it requires some annoying cookie finding and copy/pasta. I thought this extension would help, but I can't get anything other than "need page reloading or download window to be initiated." Page reload does nothing. Even downloading a file does nothing.
- (2018-04-05) sachin thakare: Not able to understand how to use it. Plz make a youtube tutorial if you can. Or give clear instruction. I want curl command of some task that I am doing on my website. but not finding any way to get it. It keep saying "first need page reloading or download window"
- (2018-04-04) 杨彦卿: awesome
- (2018-03-28) Jinzhao Wang: How to use it? It keeps saying CurlWget first needs page reloading or download window to be initiated.
- (2018-03-19) Garrett Watson: Super useful!
- (2018-03-13) Raed Shabbir: Excellent tool for easily downloading data sets
- (2018-02-04) song Won Yong: good
- (2018-01-28) Raymond de Vos: Works as expected. Allows me to use wget for downloads behind log-in pages and authorization tokens. However, pressing the "options" button stops the plugin and the donate button does not lead anywhere.
- (2017-11-04) Jesus Alfonzo Guevara Aguilar: Este complemento es magnífico funciona genial. Es muy útil a para descargar archivos masivamente especialmente de páginas en las que es necesario loguearse con usuario y contraseña.
- (2017-05-09) Super Web: nice tool ! however I couldn't get it easily through chrome extensions search, must use proper tags/description so people can find it. Good luck and big thank you.
- (2016-11-27) Abdulrahman Semrie: Great tool!. I helped me a lot. However, as another user said UI could be improved. Also it would be better if you could use it by right clicking on links.
- (2019-06-15, v:0.11) Waldemar Faist: Prevents auto download of duplicate files
Really helpful extension, but I'm facing a problem: If the extension is active and I download a file, that already exists in my download folder, chrome asks me for the download location(asking is generally off). If I disable the extension, everything is like expected and downloads adding a number after the duplicate filename (1).
- (2019-03-14, v:0.11) chris: Escaping the exclamation mark "!".
If I the url has one or more ! characters, the generated command would not work, unless they are escaped like: \!
- (2019-03-08, v:0.11) It's not working from MAR 1st, for gdrive
i am getting simply options and nothing from there
- (2019-02-25, v:0.10.5) Steve Chupack: Stopped working for bkool.com
Hi, Great extension, btw! However, it recently (last week or so?) stopped capturing the cookie for https://www.bkool.com/user/home . cliget for Firefox still works, so I have a suspicion this is a security change in Chrome rather than with the Bkool website. I can still snag the cookie with cliget, so I'm really not complaining, just letting you know. I suspect it might be difficult for you to test, as you would need an account. I assume tools like this that capture authentication/session cookie information will probably stop working across all browser platforms at some point. I understand why, but it's a shame the end user isn't allowed to make an informed choice.
- (2019-02-17, v:0.10.5) Henrique Corrêa: Doesn't work on CloudFlare-protected websites.
But I think it should be easy. just need to include CloudFlare's cookies in the command.
- (2019-01-20, v:0.10.5) Girish Gupta: curlwget for firefox
Does this tool work on other browsers as well? Do you have something for firefox?
- (2018-11-27, v:0.10.4) Adi Prasetyo: Repository
Hey did this extension have public repository? i want to contribute if this use git
- (2018-10-30, v:0.10.4) Dario Dami: Not working on lseg.com
Hi there, I found this extension great, but I also had a problem trying to get the command to download files from this url: https://www.lseg.com/markets-products-and-services/post-trade-services/ccp-services/ccg-english-version/risk-management/risk-array Do you think there's a way to get a working command ?
- (2018-05-29, v:0.10.3) works only first time
Hi, I have an issue using it with windows 8.1. When I install it, it works. Than if for example I close chrome and reopen , it doesn't work anymore (window is empty, like if it doesn't catch the download window). I have to uninstall wget and install it again, so it works ecc.
- (2018-05-17, v:0.10.3) Jesus Alfonzo Guevara Aguilar: Fails to recongize download started
Hi, thanks for you great job are you doing with CurlWget. I have some troubles. I've been a long time user of CurlWget and Cliget Firefox. CurlWget fails to provide downoad command when I tried download for example https://winscp.net/download/WinSCP-5.13.2-Setup.exe and some others. Sometimes works good, sometimes fail: "CurlWget CurlWget needs first the download window to be initiated (i.e.:download something first) Options"