Sends your inactive tabs to sleep
Tab Hibernation frees some memory and CPU on your computer by putting inactive tabs to sleep. Your tabs won't get lost and you can restore them with a single mouse click. This extension is open-source, you can contribute at https://github.com/343max/TabHibernation/ If you speak english or german and a language that we don't support yet, please help with translation! v1.0: - option to disable hibernation for tabs with active audio - Screenshots (when hibernating visible tabs) v0.2.1: - fix page restoration if history was cleared (for example after chrome crashed) - use standard API instead of WebKit-specific KeyEvent for push-button-wakeup - make only the wakeup-button clickable v0.2.0: - don't hibernate pinned tabs - add context-menu-entry "hibernate this tab" - locale-support (german and english) - URL-whitelist-support - faster hibernation - unified code-formatting - optipng optimized PNGs - remove underscore.js
- (2021-07-27) Hiki: Not work for the latest version
- (2020-09-03) P N: Doesn't work. Clicking the extension button brings no menu, and makes nothing on my tabs. Or to be more precise, it makes briefly the tabs icons "jump" (as a sign it tries to make an action) and does nothing more. I need to go in the extension options page (not convenient at all!) to edit a whitelist. But it's only a whitelist, not a timer, or a way to make the extension working.
- (2020-01-14) Area Vitae: The extention stopped working after the last Chrome update.
- (2019-09-17) saeed d: ! Virus , this extension is virus and damage to browser and OS. Don't install.
- (2019-03-14) Sir Shabaz: Works Like A Charm!!! <3 DEVELOPERS Great Job! Love It!
- (2018-12-14) Xao Fan-Tzilin: Not work in Vivaldi: there is no necessary option in the context menu of the pages.
- (2018-07-13) TummaVic: The best tab hibernation at this moment for me :)
- (2018-02-16) Marco Marks: Works.
- (2017-06-14) Kris M: So far, very good but don't know how to unhibernate all - say to activate everything if I need to uninstall the extension so I don't lose everything. Or will it do it itself automatically? I run about 100 tabs. Tried a few others and really liked that this added a moon icon rather that clobbering the site icon - makes it much easier to find stuff as most of it is hibernated. THANKS!!!
- (2020-02-28, v:1.0) Xao Fan-Tzilin: Again not work
Today I updated portable browser Brave (became 220.127.116.11) this extension has stopped working. Turns on, but at an attempt to hibernation the page happens nothing. On the previous version (18.104.22.168) worked without problems.
- (2018-09-23, v:1.0) Sarib Madni: Page refresh
If I want to unhibernat my tab the extension loads the intire page again please add an option for refresh page your page or don't refresh automatically.
- (2018-06-20, v:1.0) Xao Fan-Tzilin: Not work
Today, Opera has updated to version 55.0.2991.0 and the extension has stopped working. It turns on, but nothing happens when you press the hibernation button.
- (2017-06-14, v:0.2.1.1) Kris M: unhibernate all?
This question arises from trying other tab suspension extensions and losing a ton of tabs (fortunately with backups nothing was actually ever lost, but scary! Or does this automatically activate everything should I need to uninstall it? So far really loving it. Just posted review. I run 100 tabs with maybe 15 activated. I guess it would be nice to have a feature where it hibernated tabs after a period, but that is less important than not clobbering the site icon which I really like about yours. THANKS!