Copy only the domain name. Developed by: Devin G. and William M.
Copy the Domain URL of the page you are on. Places a button next to your address bar, allowing you to copy the Domain. - This only copies the domain name (ie domain.com or www.domain.com) - Removes extras (such as http:// and /index.html) - Useful if you ping/dig/nslookup lots of domain names Updates: 0.0.2: Added popup to show text copied successfully. 0.0.3: Decreased time popup lasts by request. 0.1.0: Reworked code to work on Mac and Linux. 0.1.2: Bug fix.
- (2019-09-30) Stephen Tan: Very good, can improve a little and increase an option to cancel the www., e.g. not www.google.com, but google.com
- (2016-12-20) Deelite: Отлично!
- (2014-03-14) Perry Mowbray: Simply works (and saved me time writing my own!)
- (2013-01-14) Pavel Kokolemin: Please add keyboard shortcut.
- (2012-11-23) Robert Smith: Works Great! Simple.
- (2014-01-07, v:0.1.2) Morten Knudsen: Handle ports
Hi! I would like to have the extension handle urls with ports in them. Example: www.example.com:8080/index.html If you change the regExp to: var myPatt = new RegExp('^[a-zA-Z]+://([^/:)]+)[:/].*$',''); Then the extension will also be able to handle: www.example.com:8080/index.html -> www.example.com
- (2013-10-21, v:0.1.2) Morten Knudsen: Remove the port
Could it be possible to remove the port from the copied text? http://www.testsite.com:8080 -> www.testsite.com. That would make it easier to use with nslookup. Otherwise I think it is a nice plugin. Best regards, Morten Knudsen