An extension to search multiple websites fast for Word research
Genie Multisearch will help you to search multiple websites fast thus speed up your word research. This search extension asks you “Which word do you want to look up?” and "Which language are you learning?", then in 3 seconds, you have a Google Images tab for the word, a Forvo.com recording, a bilingual dictionary entry and a monolingual dictionary entry. Magic! Genie Multisearch comes with a preset of language resources for a number of languages. The extension will open tabs based on the default language resource settings however you can customize (add/edit/remove) these from options page. You can also search for any word using Genie by right clicking upon a word, and select your target language from the context menu.
- (2016-01-22) Fred Kenowski: Perfect for people learning a new language using the multi search approach laid in Fluent Forever.
- (2021-01-18, v:1.0.0) Abigail Erickson: Genie Multisearch in Spanish
Hi, I just started using your extension and really like it. The only problem I am having is that I have to select the language I am learning every time I search for a new word. I have tried to select the language I am learning in the settings, but it doesn't save it for me. Is there a way for that to be fixed? Thanks!!
- (2017-07-24, v:0.0.3) also have no languages
No languages appear even after restart. Shame very nice idea.
- (2017-02-06, v:0.0.3) Kaffeekatz: No language selection
This extension disappeared with an update of Chrome, and when I reinstalled it, there are no languages. Restarted Chrome, then computer, and no languages appear under drop list.
- (2016-06-21, v:0.0.3) Vladyslav Pekker: installation
it would be cool if it was mentioned somewhere that chrome needs to be restarted after the installation. if it's not restarted the list of target languages is empty
- (2016-06-21, v:0.0.3) Vladyslav Pekker: target language
it would be cool if the "last selected" target language would be remembered