a simple way to copy tab title and url with ease
Features A simple and quick way to copy title and url with ease in chrome browser. * default has 8 copy pattern * `title` * `[title](url)` * `title - url` * `url` * `surl` * `title - surl` * `[title](surl)` * `=HYPERLINK("url","title")` * create custom pattern with `url`, `surl` & `title` (multiple) keyword to create arbitrarily pattern * enable/disable copy pattern you want * contextMenu support Change log 2.0.0 / 2018-08-29 ================== * totally rewrite with react, redux & material UI * 8 default copy pattern * enable/disable copy pattern * create custom copy pattern you want * contextMenu support page/link source 1.0.3 / 2016-11-06 ================== * modify permissions 1.0.2 / 2015-11-23 ================== * fix shorten API error. 1.0.1 / 2015-04-05 ================== * pattern input problem and other bug fixed. 1.0.0 / 2015-04-03 ================== * add options settings sync via Google account between different chrome browser. Change UI themes from Bootstrap to semantic-ui. minors bug fixed. 0.0.110 ================== * add copy link with name feature. 0.0.109 ================== * chrome shortcut support. Default extension is "Shift+Alt+C". You can setup shortcut you want to enable fast copy one option of 5. 0.0.104 ==================
- (2021-04-30) Alex K: Works through the context menu. Many different formats for create string title + url. There is not setting the "URL Separator" field. Not suitable for me. (RUS: Работает через контекстное меню. Множество разных форматов для создания строкового заголовка + URL. Нет настройки поля «Разделитель URL». Не подходит для меня).
- (2020-11-23) Sebastian Porto: Great extension. However when I have this on any site using Material UI looks broken.
- (2019-12-25) Sam Corrs: This extension is the best I found if you need a fast way to copy a page's title. Customized option makes it even faster, you can chose just title or URL or both. Highly recommended you need save webpage title without click and drag to highlight.
- (2018-11-16) Philip Rhoades P: Exactly what I wanted! - many thanks! Now I will look at the code to see how it works . .
- (2018-09-02) Liu Bo: Please please, add the shortcut key binding back...
- (2018-09-02) ريم خالد: الإضافة ممتازة، تسمح بنسخ عنوان ورابط الصفحة في آن واحد. يمكن وضع اختصار للإضافة من إعدادات Chrome في قسم الإضافات بحيث يتم نسخ العنوان والرابط بعدة أزرار محددة بدون استخدام الفأرة.
- (2018-08-30) Armand Salmon: UI has changed and the options a bit cryptic. The short URL service randomly stops working
- (2018-08-29) Tom: What's going on? It required no permissions now it wants a couple very important ones. I see the release notes but still don't see how such a significant change could be warranted.
- (2017-12-03) Christian Liendo: does not work
- (2017-10-04) Isa Betancourt: Does what it says ~ It isn't hard to copy and paste the title and url of one tab myself...I am looking for an extension that will copy the titles and urls of all the tabs I have open in a chrome window. There is a fantastic extension that does this perfectly with Firefox. Would be great to have the same for Chrome. I hope cage.chung can extend this extension to include that capability.
- (2017-04-27) Ming Zhen Lee: great, solved my need to copy tab's title and link together easily, Thanks.
- (2017-01-26) Curtis Long: It's okay, but it would excellent if it offered a [Title|URL] option, which would create a link that, when pasted, displayed only the title and not the URL. Also, the pasted text has formatting, which you then have to change to match your document (an extra step). It would be much more useful if it used a generic font that takes on the characteristics of the document you're pasting to.
- (2016-02-06) I cannot copy and paste a URL with this extension so when I paste in Gmail it is going to appear as a URL. It always appear as text and not as a URL like Easy Copy or Copy Title and Description in Firefox.
- (2014-10-26) Hai Yun Chiu: Nice to use with title copied
- (2014-03-12) Rhett Chao: good!
- (2018-09-02, v:2.0.0) ريم خالد: Pressing The Icon Must be Enough When Having Only One Active Shortcut
I Suggest that when there is only one active format (like: title - url), pressing the icon should directly copy the needed content without displaying a list with only one option. I think it worked to me before but now it doesn't.
- (2018-05-27, v:1.0.3) momchil banev: not worked
tested and removed. not worked for me. Win 7 Pro 64 Vivaldi 1.2.479.8 (Developer Build) (64-bit) site tested: [https://goo.gl/HzZ7fH] any suggestion?
- (2017-12-23, v:1.0.3) Support plain text
The text is currently copied to the clipboard with formatting. It would be nice to have the option to keep it text-only so that it can easily match the destination style when pasting it into documents (e.g. Word) with no further actions.
- (2017-10-04, v:1.0.3) Isa Betancourt: All the tabs
Could you extend this to gather the title and url of all the tabs in the window? That capability would be fantastic!!
- (2017-06-28, v:1.0.3) Tom: Any way to add a link break between title and URL?
I would like my pattern to be something like: title<return>url So that title and url are on separate lines. I can't see how to do this.
- (2016-10-20, v:1.0.2) Yuriy K: Permissions
The permissions say: "It can: Read and change all your data on the websites you visit". Is there a way to let it access only URL and title?
- (2016-01-06, v:1.0.2) Bryan: unreliable
Oftentimes, I have to go back and try the shortcut again because it pastes the previously copied title, often without the url, strangely. I've tried holding the keys down longer, and clicking the page background if I just ctrl-tabbed to the tab (cause why not), but nothing seems to help much. I am using custom shortuct ctrl-g, and a custom format of title : url. It's been like this for me since I installed many months/years ago. On both OSX at home and Windows at work.
- (2015-09-17, v:1.0.1) Andrew Tsaryk: version with icon in address bar
can u make it ?
- (2015-04-26, v:1.0.0) Started copying twice
This app was working perfectly saving me a lot of time but a couple of weeks ago it started copying the title + url twice e.g.: http://goo.gl/9G30I (Chrome Web Store - Apps) (Chrome Web Store - Apps) (The second time it only includes the title, not the url). I have it set to copy tab title with Shorten url using the Alt + Shift + C shortcut. Would appreciate some help. If I'm the only one with this problem it may be due to a conflict with the clipboard manager Freeclip (but it was working fine before this extension's update). Cheers
- (2015-03-11, v:0.0.110) Bryan: format pattern resets
Format pattern resets for me as well. Capitalization is not the problem for me. It still says what I set it to ("title | url") in the options page, but it produces the default behavior ("http://goo.gl/Njku (Google)") until I retype the pattern. I'm using it on two different computers (with the same google account) - could that have anything to do with it?