Removes the annoying link-conversion at Google Search/maps/...
This extension gets rid of Google's ugly (tracking) URL. This speeds up loading search results and allows you to normally copy links. Source code: https://github.com/Rob--W/dont-track-me-google Firefox addon: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/dont-track-me-google1/ Available since 2011.
- (2020-02-04) Alessandro Cheguevara: Rob! You are a good God! Long life!
- (2019-08-13) Rayan Refoua: Where have you been all my life?!
- (2018-09-03) Mark van der Waarde: Great extension, with a notable side effect: photo attachments in Gmail no longer open in a lightbox when clicked, but instead are downloaded. Discovered this by disabling each extension individually until disabling this extension fixed it. Here's hoping this issue can be fixed by the developer.
- (2017-12-08) Tatyana Levashova: Functionality of this extension is performed by uMatrix
- (2017-11-09) Andrew Orange: красавчики
- (2017-11-03) Sam Lu: 目前可用！thanks!
- (2017-10-15) Matthew: Makes browsing faster and safer.
- (2017-08-02) Finrod Elanessë: Thank you for this wonderful add-on. After my Greasemonkey ceased to work, had to look for a replacement and found this. Besides the fact of being tracked and the privacy concerns about this in general. What really annoyed me about this, is the simple fact, that you can't quickly c/p a link (for example to an image). It also meant, taking away part of our freedom, which i just got back, thanks to your awesome add-on...
- (2017-07-01) Dennis Tsiang: Really good for clicking on image links of wallpaper websites so they don't redirect me
- (2017-06-27) Matt: I just got it, and I already love it, I can load pages so much faster now.
- (2017-06-05) Umair Ayub: Just amazing, I hate being tracked by Google, and least importantly, your extension has made my Googles searches faster because it has eliminated the need of being redirected from Google's URL to the target URL, now clicking on search result directly takes me to original page. AMAZING
- (2017-05-25) Wolfgang I: wow
- (2017-04-27) Stephen Wicklund: Yay! Works great. Finally, can get the url directly on search result pages. (helpful, for example, when the site is down; google's redirect leaves you stuck with its mangled url in the address bar, making it harder to load the archived page using the web-archive service)
- (2017-03-17) Cyrus WONG Chun Pong: It's very good!!! I love it! Thanks for your extension =P
- (2017-03-02) Bun: :heart:
- (2017-02-05) Wis s: Awesome!
- (2017-02-03) Michael Cheng: Thanks Rob!
- (2016-11-18) Maurizio Poles: Works great but Since Chrome 54 there is an issue with Play Music. I had to remove the option to clear the http referrer to get Play Music to work. When the option is on I get error "Couldn't Fetch Recommendation, Please Try Again"
- (2016-10-10) Ralph Ward: Since the last update, there seems to be a bug: Impossible to add or edit reviews of places in Google maps.
- (2016-09-29) Ben Wang: Awesome! Thanks so much for developing such a extension and release it as OPEN SOURCE
- (2016-08-05) Arpit: Can't imagine browsing without this extension. 👍👍👍👍👍
- (2016-07-27) Neil Batchelor: Brilliant. This has been bugging me for ages. Thanks for building the extension.
- (2016-07-22) 现在仍然可用。mark
- (2016-07-08) Works as advertised
- (2018-08-15, v:4.21) L. Han: interfere with attachment preview in gmail
The attachment previous in gmail does not work when this extension is enabled.
- (2018-06-15, v:4.21) Breaks attachment previews in new GMail interface
I can confirm that this extension breaks attachment previews in new GMail interface... Please help fix...
- (2017-04-22, v:4.16) Kevin Pacheco: Breaks the new Google Earth
There's a new version of Google Earth for Chrome. Unfortunately, DTMG causes it not to work properly. Please try this with the extension enabled: 1. Go to https://earth.google.com/web/ 2. If a welcome message appears, dismiss it by clicking "SKIP" or the "X" near the top-right corner. 3. Click the ship's wheel icon on the left. It's labeled "Voyager". 4. Click "Travel", scroll down a little, and then click "Explore Paris". 5. There are several entries on this page ("72 Hours in Paris: Day 1", etc.). Clicking on them should open the content right in the browser. However, when DTMG is enabled, it causes Chrome to immediately download a KMZ file instead. Simply put, the new Google Earth is broken until you disable DTMG.
- (2016-11-19, v:4.13) Michael Elegado: Redirect loop
This extension causes a redirect loop when trying to download archives from google takeout.
- (2016-11-16, v:4.13) Doobert Floobert: Google Play Music
Google Play Music seems to have problems loading the start page (Recommendations, Recent Activity etc.) with Don't track me Google turned on. This only started a few days ago and resolved when I turned it off.
- (2016-10-25, v:4.12) Alex Egelman: Trouble with the search images on google
Usually images are opened in a small frame under the picture. With the active extansion, the picture opens in a new tab. Fix it, if possible.
- (2016-10-11, v:4.11) Zach Low: Breaks Google Maps
Cannot edit or create reviews on Google Maps when the extension is active.
- (2016-10-07, v:4.11) Allen Gair: Why this doesn't work sometimes
Why this doesn't work sometimes,but it works at other time. chrome v53.0.2785.143,and OSX 10.11
- (2016-08-28, v:4.6) Adam Lau: No longer works.
Running Chrome v53, macOS Sierra.
- (2016-07-25, v:4.5) D Mellstrom: Opera version
I would love a version for Opera. It's the same engine as Chrome so maybe it would be simple to port?