Strips away clutter like buttons, background images, and changes the page's text size, contrast and layout for better readability
Reader View extension brings Mozilla's open-source Readability implantation to Chromium. Using this extension you can strip clutters from webpages and read them on "Reader View" mode. The extension allows you to toggle between normal view and reader view by pressing the page-action button. Note that reader view mode works best for web pages that have a lot of content. There are some tools in the left side panel that can help you personalize your Reader View. You can change color, background-color, font-size, font-family and width of the reader view. Features: 1. Fullscreen reading 2. Advertisement removing 3. Save in HTML format 4. Text to Speech (TTS) 5. Move to the next and previous pages 6. Keyboard shortcuts for almost all actions 7. Edit document before printing or saving 8. Highlight cotent For more info please visit: http://add0n.com/chrome-reader-view.html Change Log: 0.1.3: Calling a reader view by restoring it from history will trigger history.back 0.1.4: A more visible icon. Fixes a reader bug. 0.1.5: It is now possible to toggle the reader view using keyboard shortcut (define one from Chrome's settings page) 0.2.1: Document parsing is improved. Switched to the latest Readibility.js library. Ctrl + S now saves the document same as pressing the "Save" button. Reader View now supports both rtl and ltr languages 0.2.2: It is now possible to select some content and ask the reader view to convert only the selected part. This is useful if the automatic selection tool is not detecting the content correctly. 0.2.4: Speech engine is added. You can now ask the extension to read the article for you. Estimated reading time is displayed below the article title
- (2020-02-26) Justin Maestri: Reader View offers a simple but refined extension for Chrome, that makes reading much more comfortable on your eyes. Additionally, they even took the time to make links appear in a soft pallet of colors that again are very pleasing to the eye. Five stars!
- (2020-02-26) Shashank Singh: Very helpful extension for various web-site to read in pdf like format.
- (2020-02-24) Hongzhi Yuan: 版本0.3.5正常，0.3.6和0.3.7不正常。对齐方式不对 例如:https://www.zhihu.com/question/336322284/answer/918067537?utm_source=com.ideashower.readitlater.pro&utm_medium=social&utm_oi=1111322664714596352
- (2020-02-20) Victor Anaya Fons: it is the best reader I have tried. Maybe others display more elegant layout but this one works and read aloud functionality is very good
- (2020-02-19) Arturo Ríos: Uso esta extensión desde hace tiempo, es perfecta y permite leer cómodamente a aquellos que ya empezamos a tener la vista un poco cansada.
- (2020-02-18) N P: This is amazing extension. It has changed my experience surfing the web I am reading so much so easily. It is the only reading app that allows you to read text using the width of the monitor. Thank you!
- (2020-02-18) Asia: This extension is a godsend when I'm forced to use chrome! It's very similar to firefox's built in reader.
- (2020-02-16) Zhi Cai: 试了几个，这个最好。
- (2020-02-12) Павел: Не работает в facebook
- (2020-02-10) Jordan Rios: Muy buena extension para poder leer cualquier texto en una forma más comoda. Hay un problema con las imagenes que se cargan a veces estan desfasadas o no se pueden ver. estaria bueno una opcion para incorporarlas al texto.
- (2020-02-09) David F Fernandez Diaz: Amazing
- (2020-02-09) Александр Кузнецов: Давно искал что-то подобное. Для Хрома незаменимое дополнение. Спасибо.
- (2020-02-09) Paweł Gumiela: Great extension. The only problem I found so far was related to stop of TTS mechanism when particular symbols are encountered, like '' on Wikipedia pages. But, still, it is possible to skip problematic parts and move forward so no big deal.
- (2020-02-08) Ariel Lopez: Great for minimizing clutter when wanting to print a webpage. Love the feature of hiding images.
- (2020-02-06) Samik Sengupta: A must have for all those who spends a lot of hours consuming web content.
- (2020-02-04) Wang Xinyuan: I found this excellent extension when Google removed the built-in reader mode in Chrome. Now I rely on it heavily since I got a weaker sight and sometimes have to use smaller screens on laptops. Some websites are just mean to harm your eyes when they build a layout with background and text colors so similar to each other. Can't imagine how can I read those articles if there was no extensions like this.
- (2020-02-02) Yang Andrew: pretty good experience， especially for the feature of fullscreen reader
- (2020-02-01) Denis Shkerin: Супер!!!!!!!!!!!!
- (2020-01-27) Baoru Wu: Totally does all that I expect it to do. Awesome little app that remarkably improve the experience of reading articles online. Thank you!
- (2020-01-27) Trevor Vigoren: Thank you. Just what I was hoping to find.
- (2020-01-26) Abhi B: Looks good, highly customisable and does exactly what I needed. One of the best reader extension out there!
- (2020-01-20) Ricknator: Thank you, chrome removed distill feature and this works nicely in its stead.
- (2020-01-14) Shannon M: exactly what I was looking for!
- (2020-01-11) Pritesh: After shutdown, extension stop working. After opening again I have to remove extension and add it again to use it. Everything else in this id very good.
- (2020-01-10) Jaroslav Huba: Great, very excellent - but please ADD OTHER LANGUAGES FOR READ THIS ARTICLE, I VERY NEED SLOVAK LANGUAGE. Thanks
- (2018-06-05, v:0.2.0) scan