Strips away clutter like buttons, background images, and changes the page's text size, contrast and layout for better readability
Reader View extension brings Mozilla's open-source Readability implantation to Chromium. Using this extension you can strip clutters from webpages and read them on "Reader View" mode. The extension allows you to toggle between normal view and reader view by pressing the page-action button. Note that reader view mode works best for web pages that have a lot of content. There are some tools in the left side panel that can help you personalize your Reader View. You can change color, background-color, font-size, font-family and width of the reader view. Features: 1. Fullscreen reading 2. Advertisement removing 3. Save in HTML format 4. Text to Speech (TTS) 5. Move to the next and previous pages 6. Keyboard shortcuts for almost all actions 7. Edit document before printing or saving 8. Highlight cotent For more info please visit: http://add0n.com/chrome-reader-view.html Change Log: 0.1.3: Calling a reader view by restoring it from history will trigger history.back 0.1.4: A more visible icon. Fixes a reader bug. 0.1.5: It is now possible to toggle the reader view using keyboard shortcut (define one from Chrome's settings page) 0.2.1: Document parsing is improved. Switched to the latest Readibility.js library. Ctrl + S now saves the document same as pressing the "Save" button. Reader View now supports both rtl and ltr languages 0.2.2: It is now possible to select some content and ask the reader view to convert only the selected part. This is useful if the automatic selection tool is not detecting the content correctly. 0.2.4: Speech engine is added. You can now ask the extension to read the article for you. Estimated reading time is displayed below the article title
- (2020-04-08) Maik Lindner: Das Icon ist kaputt, sieht in der Toolbar jetzt deplatziert aus :( Bitte das bisherige Icons wieder einstellen.
- (2020-04-07) sleypy: I've tried multiple screen readers and this one is the best.
- (2020-04-06) 정대교: 정말 너무 좋아서 감동입니다 이런류의 수많은 확장프로그램을 깔고 지우고 반복했지만 이만한 확장프로그램은 없었습니다. 고맙습니다.
- (2020-04-02) Sean-Lee Duncan: This gets 5 stars within 2 minutes of using it! God bless you! Many thanks.
- (2020-03-22) Hugehard Packard: 请问为什么我直接在网页左键点击这个图标的时候和右键点击的效果一样，需要在页面空白处右键单击鼠标，然后在里面切换呢？？？
- (2020-03-22) zhuang bo: Great extension. Very useful for my daily work.
- (2020-03-22) Krishna Mohan Nerella: Excellent extension. Brings the in-built of functionality of Firefox and Safari to Chrome and all other Chromium based browsers. I do wish there was a simple way to change the color of the taskbar icon so that it stands out more clearly when using a "Dark" theme
- (2020-03-21) Robin Ann: I love you!
- (2020-03-20) SH: How can I tweak the display of estimated time to show as "X to Y minutes", instead of how it displays at present ("X-Y minutes", where X = %reading-time-fast% and Y = %reading-time-slow%). I do not have any formal knowledge of CSS but identified the following line of code in the template.html: <div dir="auto" id="reader-estimated-time">%reading-time-fast%-%reading-time-slow% minutes</div> However, editing the code above causes the extension to crash and unusable. Please help!
- (2020-03-18) Cristobal Rodriguez: Fondo Gris es necesario para personas con problemas de Vista que no admiten fondo blanco o fondo negro ¿Pueden añadir Fondo Gris?
- (2020-03-14) Dmytro Pinchuk: Other extensions don't work while in readers mode(GTranslate, Highlight search). After opening link in new tab it has no text in it
- (2020-03-14) J. Woolley: I've tried many similar Extensions but picked this one as the most useful.
- (2020-03-12) fearoll chan: Thanks for your work~
- (2020-03-11) David Choi: Works perfectly so far, I'm really enjoying the extension. Thank you!
- (2020-03-11) gomez tambunan: nice
- (2020-03-08) Ms R: Awesome. Works perfectly for me. Keeps my MacBook from heating up on sites jammed full of ads. Love the ability to quickly save a page as a PDF.
- (2020-03-06) Firefly Nahian: Simple, fast and best extension for reading...
- (2020-03-05) Oscar: It would have been great (five stars) were it not for three annoying things (-3 stars): 1. Why on Earth would one give six choices of background color, but none of them (!) being the most common online newspaper standard; white? Being forced to read with a grey background isn't nice. When not voluntary, it feel claustrophobic. 2. Why would one not by default hide the sidebar to the left, and only show it if the user hovers say within 4 % from the left edge of the window? 3. Why would one display the website's url in the text itself? I wanted an extension to have less clutter, not to add things that weren't even on the original page. If these three things would have been good, I would have loved this extension and would have given it five stars.
- (2020-03-05) AJ Sharma: Was looking for something similar to Mac Safari's reader view for Chrome, and this app is above and beyond. Very satisfied.
- (2020-03-05) Tuan Tran: PLEAS, do not REFESH webpage when click into reader view. that's ANNOYED and consume CPU loads
- (2020-03-03) Adam Solano: Short and to the point. This app provides all of the reader view options that are native to Safari and included in many other web browsers across platforms. Great stuff!
- (2020-03-02) Niek Neuij: Just what I was looking for, amazing. I like reading long articles on sites like The Atlantic, Quillette, Groene Amsterdammer, ProRepublica, etc. and this helps a lot to focus with all the clutter gone.
- (2020-02-28) Sergio Henrique S Pereira: Prático e funcional. Direito ao que promete.
- (2020-02-28) :D: Bonne application, la meilleur a mon avis apres que "Just Read" devienne payant, mais elle serait mieux si on pouvait elargir un peu plus la zone de text sans utiliser l'option "Full Width"
- (2020-02-28) Amos Wu: 升级完之后怎么文字都是最右边对齐了？ 最过分的是还没有调整的地方。 此外能否增加更多的设置？
- (2018-06-05, v:0.2.0) scan