See our adjusted rating directly as you shop on Amazon. Click our icon to open our full review analysis in a new tab.
ReviewMeta.com is a free web tool that analyzes millions of reviews and helps you decide which ones to trust. Simply copy and paste any Amazon product URL into the search bar on ReviewMeta.com for a full analysis. Our Chrome Extension (also available for Firefox) helps streamline this process by providing you with an adjusted rating for each product based only on the most trustworthy reviews, and displays it directly at the top of your browser. Here's how it works: Simply browse Amazon as normal. When viewing a product, the extension will show the adjusted rating and color based on the authenticity of reviews. If you'd like to see a detailed report, simple click the icon! We help you weed out the biased or fake reviews and leave you with the most honest feedback. --==EXPLANATION OF PERMISSIONS==-- "It can read and change your data on..." - Amazon.com/.ca/.co.uk/etc: The extension simply reads the current URL to figure out which product you are viewing so it can show you the corresponding data that we have on that product. - ReviewMeta.com: Simply tells our website to hide the notification about installing the extension since you obviously already have it installed!
- (2023-05-02) Russell Davis: The extension and associated website are down about 90% of the time.
- (2023-04-15) Mark Kim: I've loved this app for years... but looks like it's been down for a few weeks? Is this app dead?
- (2023-04-05) D BO: Funktioniert seit Wochen nicht mehr. Web server is down Error code 521.
- (2023-03-18) Luca Gentile (Cyclorbit): The idea is great, but it seems that there are some bugs: It shows 1.0 rating but when I go to see the review details it shows that the review is positive. REQUEST: Please make it work on any website, not just on Amazon.
- (2023-03-04) n ascentt: I keep forgetting I have this addon as it's completely hidden in the addon menu. It'd be better like other amazon addons which modify the amazon page to show the information right on the product pages.
- (2022-12-14) Kris: Really helpful to have reviewmeta available in a single click when shopping to check for fake reviews.
- (2022-10-17) Marcel Flesch: War mal eine super Erweiterung, aber inzwischen funktioniert sie schlicht nicht mehr. Die Webseite lädt kaum noch, Reports geben immer sinnfreie 1.0 Stern-Ergebnisse. Ich hab mal versucht, über die Webseite den Betreiber zu kontaktieren aber nicht einmal das funktioniert noch. Schade.
- (2022-10-15) Robert Bracco: Awesome site and service but like others have mentioned, the chrome extension no longer appears to be functional and the developer isn't responding to reviews. Happy to change this to 5 stars as soon as the site is fixed. Issues: - The badge with the adjusted review score doesn't appear on the pinned extension - Clicking the extension button just opens "reviewmeta.com" but doesnt do anything to copy the amazon url of the page I'm on, so I just have to go back and copy the url and paste it. The chrome extension is thus no faster than a bookmark
- (2022-10-15) Mark Burchard: This is a great extension and a great service to consumers. Allows you to peer through the giant smokescreen of manipulated data that is Amazon's stock and trade. AFAIK reviewmeta is an honest data broker. It's one more data point and that's always a good thing when considering online purchases.
- (2022-08-04) A X: One major problem - Why does the ReviewMeta tab open at the end of the Window after all tabs? I'd just like it open next to the Current Tab/ Product Tab - just as FakeSpot does. Why would you open and send it 20 tabs away? Just execute it in "next" or adjacent tab. Thanks.
- (2022-08-03) LemmisTube: Die Erweiterung macht ihren Job nicht mehr wie zu Anfang. Jetzt springt das Bild im Chrome Browser und es ist kein Fortschritt zu erkennen. Ich werde es leider löschen. Schuld hat vermutlich Amazon.
- (2022-03-31) Eric Zwang: Unfortunately this no longer displays a rating on the extension icon and you have to press it manually to go to the website. It's been this way for a couple months, I think. I dont see any response or anything from the devs. Maybe it's been abandoned?
- (2022-03-19) M C: The service is a great idea. I used it for years and worked great. But the last couple of months, the extension rarely works on Amazon product pages. It just opens up the main page and you have to copy and paste the link, which defeats the point of this extension. On top of that, the website now takes a crazy amount of time to process even one product (the average amount of time before was about 30 seconds and now it's about 2 minutes), if I'm lucky, because often it times out with an error or just stays processing.
- (2022-03-06) Uli K: Früher mal gut... in der Zwischenzeit bekommt man anstatt einer Bewertung immer nur die Meldung "Error 524", anscheinend ist der Server permanent überlastet. So macht das keinen Sinn.
- (2022-03-01) Jan-Erik Jeromin: Leider stürzen die Server mittlerweile regelmäßig ab wodurch man die Seite bzw. die Bewertungen nicht mehr aufrufen kann
- (2022-01-16) Abhiman Panwar: pretty good
- (2021-11-02) Sinister Snowflake: You have no idea how many products have fake reviews. EXTREMELY USEFUL. I will never shop without it again. On a side note their website clearly explains how their extension works and it seems to be as accurate and well made as one could hope for.
- (2021-09-23) Keith Beckman: No longer works on recent Chrome versions. The ReviewMeta site is very useful, but the extension never loads any information, and only takes you to the ReviewMeta front page when clicking it from an Amazon product page. I'd love to see this updated! It would be so useful!
- (2021-08-10) lehyunsu: Apparently I was blocked for too many requests. Yeah, not really possible to not request so much as almost every product on Amazon requires a report refresh. On top of that, none of their preliminary reports are even reliable as they always show a "PASS" grade but their full reports ALMOST ALWAYS show either "FAIL" or "WARN". I'd say across the board on average I get 1/10 passes, 3/10 warns, and 6/10 fails. Really? What's the point of the preliminary reports?
- (2021-07-07) MurderChickenXL: Way better than Trustpilot's extension even though it's no longer being maintained. I like it and it's nice that they let you adjust the meta we're looking for in the slider adjustments (some of which I don't understand completely). Do these persist for ALL products or just the one we are currently viewing? Thanks. Anyway, it has saved me from making some bad purchase decisions. Wish Amazon would take a ban-hammer to companies that are obviously posting their own fake reviews to begin with.
- (2021-06-28) Kyle Mullen: Great extension, completely free, I consider it a must-have.
- (2021-05-25) Andreas Korth: ReviewMeta itself is a great service but the Chrome extension is poor. The icon shows the corrected rating as a badge and clicking it will take you to the details page on ReviewMeta.com. Turns out that many ratings are older than a year an no longer accurate. It can be refreshed almost instantly by performing a real-time check with current data. This new value is often vastly different from the old one that is shown on the icon. The extension can therefore be very misleading.
- (2021-02-24) Sean Elliott: Great concept but accuracy should be improved. I tested it, analyzing about 25 product pages which I knew contained deceptive reviews (I have experience in the space) and it only adjusted the rating for about 5-10% of the product pages. For this to be helpful, I would have hoped it caught and adjusted the rating for above 50% of the deceptive product pages. In the detailed review, most of the products listed "Suspicious Reviewers" as an issue, which would be accurate, but in most cases the overall rating was not impacted. Bottom line, there are better ways to avoid products that are reviewed deceptively: Avoid obscure product brand names, especially brands that do not have an independent website, avoid products with fewer than 1200 reviews (300 on .ca), avoid items with spelling mistakes on the product page, and avoid items that aren't taxed at checkout. This should you help avoid purchasing poor quality products based on deceptive reviews.
- (2021-01-07) liberusky: Non sempre funziona l'estensione, ti costringe a cliccarci e aprire la pagine del sito
- (2021-01-04) Alvin Brinson: Does absolutely nothing.
- (2021-01-02) Ed Terry: This is one of my all-time favorite Chrome apps. I often find myself wishing there was a paid version with advanced features. For example: Refresh all outdated reviews for the top 50 products in a subcategory on reviewmeta.com. Filter products in a subcategory on reviewmeta.com (ie. only show products with more than 100 reviews). Auto-filter products from companies known to use fake reviews. This app is already great, but still has a ton of potential too. Thank you for this app and keep up the good work!
- (2020-12-12) Chris H.: Best extension to check numerous fake Amazon reviews!
- (2020-08-27) P C: Like Fakespot, a nice idea, in theory, but in practice, it fails. Almost NO amazon.com pages I've visited display an adjusted rating in the toolbar as pictured, and when you click the icon, it's basically just a bookmark to the main ReviewMeta page where you have to copy and paste the url. So, skip the extension and just go straight to the website because that's all you're going to be doing anyway.
- (2020-07-28) David Galbraith: I like it though just saying they've removed "unnatural" reviews is a bit too general. Wish they'd break some of them down in a reason category such as "paid review" "bot review" etc.on the top page though it's nice that the let you adjust the meta we're looking for in the slider adjustments (some of which I don't understand completely). Do these persist for ALL products or just the one we are currently viewing? Thanks. Anyway, it has saved me from making some bad purchase decisions. Wish Amazon would take a ban-hammer to companies that are obviously posting their own fake reviews to begin with.
- (2020-03-31) Quinn Reilly: I installed it on the most recent version of Chrome and it doesn't show up in the browser bar ("Chrome Menu") at all. Restarted, same result. Ideas?
- (2019-08-11) Tasty Cereal: Love the site. Manually checking reviews is so time consuming.
- (2019-06-30) Todd Coward: Die Erweiterung scheint ihren Dienst so weit zu verrichten. Trotzdem vergebe ich nur einen Stern, da die Erweiterung oder jede vorherige Benachrichtigung automatisch einen Ref-Link an die Artikellinks anbringt, um somit heimlich Privionen durch Verkäufe der Kunden generieren. Weg damit!
- (2019-06-11) Jerry Rosenfeld: This guy's legit. Compare to the privacy invading extension "Wikibuy." Reviewmeta.com deserves your support. For what it's worth, I'm just a user, not a friend or relative.
- (2019-06-04) Ling Mao: Excellent ! 100% accurate according to my test, at this point, you'd probably wonder "how can you be so sure". Because I'm a amazon seller and I tested it with 10 of my own listing. I suggest every amazon buyer to install reviewmeta as lots of sellers provide incentive (always 80% or 90% off discount, even 100% off) in exchange for so-called "honest review", and amazon is not doing a very good job punishing those scam sellers which hurt us honest sellers very much.
- (2019-03-12) Ning Cao: good
- (2019-03-11) Google User: Does not work at all. The icon is always grey on every amazon product page.
- (2019-02-28) Oesten Nelson: Very good review adjustment. I wish it provided the review on the Amazon search page like FakeSpot does so that I could browse the ratings across items without needing to open them; I'd be willing to pay money for this feature. I like that this plugin is coded to only ask permission to view my browsing on Amazon.com and ReviewMeta pages; Fakespot's plugin asks for permission to view everything (eep!)
- (2018-12-07) Delwyn Shelley Jr.: I can't believe I shopped Amazon without this app. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- (2018-12-01) Stephen Willis: So far I like it. One thing though. I have relatively poor vision and it's hard for me to read the rating number on the icon. It would be better if it were higher contrast, bold black on white would be best, and bigger numbers.
- (2018-11-21) alex z: When I installed the extension, I wasn't able to view the score on pages that I already had open, even after refreshing them. It started to work after I clicked the actual link again. I don't know if it's a known issue and that's how it's intended to be or not. Something I'd really recommend is having the ability to choose by myself how to filter the reviews. For example: I could decide to filter reviews which are long, with photos attached and from reviewers with at least 3 products reviewed and an average score less than 4.5. Currently, I checked hundreds of products and the "reviewmata" score seem to be nearly always in a 0.3 margin. So perhaps the system can detect some obvious fake reviews, but in general cases, the default algorithm isn't always helpful.
- (2018-11-08) Deco tang: It's helpful. With detailed explanation why one review is faked or not.
- (2018-10-20) Brilliant in conception and execution; however, I've yet to find a product on Amazon where the filtered score is less - i.e the 'fake' reviews, if any, didn't affect the overall score. It covers many more products in USA than UK so I will continue to use it and see if it is helpful. If you look at a product that the site has not checked yet, it will do it in seconds. Apparently, I am a reviewer with a trust reputation of 63% and I hope to improve; not sure why but maybe I am too easy to please or have not posted any reviews less then four stars.
- (2018-08-09) Reid: Perfect.
- (2018-08-08) Kurt Kaiser: CAN IT BE UPDATED TO WORK WITH AMAZON SMILE? THAT WOULD MAKE IT PERFECT!!!!!!!!
- (2018-07-31) Brady Quarles: Super helpful! This saves me so much time and helps me feel confident about what I'm buying! Thanks guys!
- (2018-06-28) Daniel Peters: what if the reviews for this extension are the fake ones ooOOOoooOooo
- (2018-06-06) Toto x: amazing the infestation of customer review sections by payed shills has been a pet peeve of mine for some time, it's so good to see a good site/extension tackling the issue so brilliantly that i deactivated my adblock for their site i wish it would work on many other sites than amazon though!!! But that's already Great as it is. Thank you dudes.
- (2018-04-28) TD Smith: I was a Fakespot fanboy. Told everyone about it and even defended it. In about 24 hrs ReviewMeta has completely convinced me of the superiority of this product, the extension, and their analysis. Must-have extension for anyone purchasing anything on Amazon.
- (2017-12-24) Marsha Weeks: I shop on Amazon quite often and it's disappointing how many fake reviews there are now. ReviewMeta saves me so much time form having to manually review the reviews. This extension actually shows you the score on the icon itself so you can quickly see at a glance how trustworthy the reviews are for a particular product. You can click on the icon to see the detailed page on the reviews. If you shop on Amazon, ReviewMeta is a must!
- (2017-12-19) Ed Terry: This is so much better than I thought it would be. So fast, so easy... tons of detailed information explaining the adjusted score. I'll be using this for a long time to come. Great job!
- (2021-01-04, v:2.4) Alvin Brinson: Does not work.
Icon appears. Never changes color, and clicking on it just takes me to the reviewmeta homepage. Yes it's installed, Yes, I'm on Amazon.com, Yes, I reloaded. It plain and simple does not work.
- (2020-10-04, v:2.4) Nathan & Alisa Niesen: Update Troubleshooting FAQ for icon not showing in Chrome
In Chrome you may need to Pin the extension to see the icon. Click the "puzzle piece" icon in the extensions tray to pin extensions.
- (2019-06-16, v:2.4) Larry Parker: Does Not Work After Installation
Installed chrome browser extension. Your web site shows it installed. Yet nothing appears on amazon.com. Nothing changed. I have reversed ad blockers, shut off VPN and history activated. How do I get this thing to work after installing the extension? So far, worthless.
- (2019-05-11, v:2.4) n ascentt: doesnt do anything?
the website works great but the chrome addon does nothing, the icon never changes
- (2018-10-15, v:2.4) Please make it work on any *.amazon.* website
Hi, Accessing Amazon through their Smile program (the program that gives a percentage of your spending to charity) makes the extension useless. Please adjust the extension so that https://smile.amazon.com can work as well. Thanks
- (2018-08-23, v:2.2) Luca Gentile (Cyclorbit): make it universal please
Please make it work on any website, not just on Amazon
- (2018-04-01, v:2.2) Ɗσραмєαη єѕcσвαя σтмιc: Small suggestion
Could you guys get this to work on the smile.amazon.com URL? I have to switch over to see the rating and I'm primarily on the smile URL. I know other people are as well, because there are userscripts available to redirect you to Smile whenever going to Amazon (which is what I use). Thanks.
- (2016-11-16, v:2.2) Bryan “Bevans” Evans: Insert review into page
Can you insert your review scores into the product pages themselves, near the normal reviews? I already have way too many buttons on my browser toolbar, and I only need it when I'm browsing Amazon anyway.
- (2016-10-10, v:1.5) De'Von Patterson: Rating number
Can you consider making the rating number larger
- (2016-09-28, v:1.5) Jamie Knop: amazon.co.uk
- (2016-09-26, v:1.5) Thomas Herzog: amazon.de support
This extension seems to currently not support amazon.de pages. Is support for non-amazon.com domains planned?
- (2016-09-21, v:1.5) Chelsea Baker: What is it supposed to do?
This extension is really just a link to the ReviewMeta website at the moment. Is it safe to assume that it had some functionality but you guys just are having issues right now?